[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /k/ serious talk. I'm hunting for what will be my first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 180020_01_lg.jpg (152KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
180020_01_lg.jpg
152KB, 600x600px
Ok /k/ serious talk.
I'm hunting for what will be my first handgun and primary weapon until I can build up money to expand my armory. Have some redneck long guns I hunt with but want something to CCW/car gun/apt defense.
I'm thinking SW Shield M&P. Been looking around local stores and it's the one I've liked the most (wish there was a range I could test shit out locally).
Can't decide between 9 mm or .40. Which one? Why? Different gun? About $400-$500 budget.
>>
The .45 one just came out, and is cheaper by like $50 than the others. Check it out.

I'm happy with my 9mm shield.
>>
>>30792727
Get a 10mm
>>
>>30792727
just don't buy .40. shield is good enough.
>>
>>30792776
Why though? Makes 9mm superior?
>>
>>30792727
I just bought the xd mod 2 subcompact under 500$ at gander MTN new. 16&13 round mag.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 511x367px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 511x367px
>>30792727

Be a man and conceal a 44 mag, you need stopping powah for that pcp mike brown comin at u.
>>
>>30792818
It just fit better in my hand. Real good gun I think. Only shot about 75 Rds so far.
>>
File: compact.jpg (1MB, 2004x1128px) Image search: [Google]
compact.jpg
1MB, 2004x1128px
Make sure you handle the compact too, it felt better to me
its thicker, but higher capacity and with a shorter grip, which is usually the harder part to conceal anyway
>>
>>30792857
OP here, big hands, so compacts always feel like toys to me. Shield would be too small of a grip without the full grip extended magazine.
>>
File: m_4413875_rwEMmxw6SiNF.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
m_4413875_rwEMmxw6SiNF.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
>>30792760
My dick can only get so hard.
>>
>>30792795
.40 is snappier for minimal extra stahping powa, and similar capacity to the .45 6 or 7, versus 7 or 8 in the 9mm. personally get the 45 not the .40.

if you are a terrible shot get a full size 9mm
>>
>>30792758
Fuck me really? Nice. I like my Shield 9 but it sure would be fun to lob footballs out of one
>>
OP the .40 shield's frame is compatible with a 9mm barrel so if you wanted to you could technically have both calibers for one pistol, just gotta have the magazines and barrels for the respective calibers and swap them out when desired.
>>
>>30792727
I have both a 9mm shield and a .40 shield. I think I like the .40 more. The recoil doesn't seem much worse (especially when you compare 165gr to 124gr +p, then the .40 might even be nicer to shoot) and you only lose one round per magazine.
I would probably recommend the 9mm version for the average guy though, because a lot of people are hypersensitive to recoil and 9mm is slightly cheaper.
>>
>>30792868
mine are pretty big too, but the skinnyness of the grip of the shield didn't feel feel as solid as the girth of the compact, imo
>>
I recently got a shield 9mm as my first handgun. I love it so far and havent had any issues. Its pretty slim and comfortable too (using an Alien Gear Holster right now)

I definitely recommend 9mm over 40 though. It seems like the 9 v 40 debate is kinda moot now, with 9mm you get extra capacity and a wide variety of 9mm defensive loads.

You could probably get a Shield, night sights and a decent holster for under $500. It may take a little looking depending on your location though
>>
>>30792964
I bought a talon rubberized grip to my 9 shield, it gave it slightly more girth and the rubberized texture is awesome, no printing, and its got 0 resistance when unholstering. Talon also sells the same rubberized grip for the bottom of the 8 round mag. A company called Pearce sells pinky extendors for the 7 round mags that turn it from a 2 finger grip (if you're using 7rnd mag w/o pinky extendor) to a full 3 finger grip, and to top it off Talon sells a rubberized grip texture for the Pearce 7rnd mag pinky extendor.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.