[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine a world where MANPADS are legal to own so that you can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: 9K333Verba.jpg (27KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
9K333Verba.jpg
27KB, 700x500px
Imagine a world where MANPADS are legal to own so that you can defend yourself.
What would an advert look like?
What would be the target of a civilian MANPAD?
Unknown black helicopter? A heavy spy drone? Unknown low flying fighter or bomber jet? Aylmao's pimpmobile trying to levitate your cow? Would it be for skeet shooting?
Remember that the ad would be targeting civilians, not an exhibition of military equipment to be sold to countries and shit.
Going all Wolf of Wallstreet on me, sell me the Verba.
>>
>>30792079

That world is called America.

MANPADS are legal to own here.
>>
>>30792079
Can they be effective against vehicles?
>>
>>30792079
If you went the angle of defense of aliens I'd be sold.
>>
>>30792079
I think for most people it would be an expensive toy like a Barrett M82.
>>
>>30792241
This, and you know what? That's okay, because it is the bill of rights not the bill of needs.
>>
File: 1468888014174.jpg (32KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1468888014174.jpg
32KB, 746x982px
>>30792079
>you will never get to use an RPG-7 for home defense
>>
>>30792261
I'm glad we agree, friend.
>>
>>30792079
>Be you
>be in post fucking common sense Murcia
>no gun laws whatsoever
>cops with M-1s and TUSK sets cause literally any pissed off black dude can grab an RPG and blow the fuck out of anything else
>but muh home defense
>glorious god king trump writes laws and doesn't need those "loosers" at the Supreme Court any more
>allows Americans to import iglas whenever the fuck they want
>you decide to an hero but fucking hate the world too
>fuckthemforbeinghappy.mov
>get igla from fucking Walmart with fucking freedom boner
>buy some stingers too cause fucking Murcia
>go to airport
>fuck you plane
>300 dead
>whatever ragheads are around decide to copy you
>thousands die
But muh second amendment though!
>>
>>30792589
You nailed it, we do not need some dick sitting near an airport with MANPADS.
>>
wait a minute I thought rocket launchers were legal to own with a stamp?
>>
>>30792114

You can own the rocket, but you can't own the computer guidance system.
>>
>>30792608
You are potentially arguing for "limitations" on the 2nd amendment.... I guess a line has to be drawn somewhere.... but I think a launcher capable of taking down AT LEAST a tank should be allowed.
>>
>>30792639
...muh dick.

sriously, sometimes this shit is better than anything on /gif/ we truly are a magikal place.
>>
>>30792265
To defend yourself against your home? It sure would stop the threat.
>>
>>30792710
To defend against my neighbors' homes, more accurately.
>>
Someone should make a tiny flak gun. You know, for drones.
>>
>>30792784
That is called a shot gun.
>>
>>30792665
Tanks maybe, aircraft carrying hundreds of passengers fuck no.
>>
>>30792805
Shotguns don't have air burst rounds
>>
>>30792805
Do they make flak shells for shot guns???

I THINK NOT
>>
>>30792639

>You can own the rocket, but you can't own the computer guidance system.

Says who?
>>
it is entirely legal to own in America

there's just a huge cabal of politicians who are illegally enforcing rules against them
>>
>>30792639
>"But officer, it's for math calculations on the fly..."
>>
File: 1469683739460.jpg (151KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
1469683739460.jpg
151KB, 600x453px
>>30792839
It's not like we will suddenly be inundated in small high speed computers with GPS systems to build our own, right?
>>
>>30792665
please no
>>
>>30792908
Rocket Propelled Grenades should be legalized.
>>
File: 1466419710711.jpg (207KB, 650x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1466419710711.jpg
207KB, 650x1033px
>>30792815
>>30792835
>ywn have a Flak 22 to get those Shillery and Chinaman drones
>yfw
>>
>>30793029
>Flak 22

I read that as "Flak 10/22".. Rugers shooting .22LR flak rounds.. fuck those would be useless.
>>
>>30792079
>What would an advert look like?
There wouldn't be one because the companies that make them wouldn't sell you one even if it was legal. Stingers cost somewhere between $35,000 and $45,000 each (depending on the year, model, and contract amount), and companies aren't going to bother with a one off sale of an item like that because the market would be so ridiculously limited that they'd almost never have someone try to purchase one.
>>
>>30792639

I don't think that's true. The second part I mean. I'm pretty sure there is literally no regulation on the guidance system; if you can get someone to sell you one.
>>
>>30792805
I now want an adorable flak 8.8mm mounted on a tiny half track.
>>
>>30792639
>You can own the rocket, but you can't own the computer guidance system.
Ugh. No, if you have the missile you have the guidance system because it's in the fucking missile. Even the ancient Redeye had self-guided missiles, any other system would be heavy and retarded.

Owning the launcher would be no different than owning an RPG, it's a destructive device. Good luck getting one though.
>>
>>30793335
Like every asshole in Hollywood wouldn't want one or(or 10) for shooting down drones and the odd news copter. Also do you not understand middlemen? You're not buying direct from fucking Ratheon. You're buying from a local dealer who is buying from a supplier, and that supplier will be dealing with mil and corporate contracts too (every mall and factory in America will want a few Stingers for dealing with Haji assholes in Cessnas. If the ones they're selling civilian come off the same line as the mil models then every extra sale is gravy.

TL;DR: More people want air defense than you think.
>>
>>30793818
>Like every asshole in Hollywood wouldn't want one or(or 10) for shooting down drones and the odd news copter
>every mall and factory in America will want a few Stingers for dealing with Haji assholes in Cessnas
>TL;DR: More people want air defense than you think.
I really hope you aren't being serious.
>>
>>30793335

If I was properly rich I would totally once a year hire people to fly around RC airplanes with flares strapped to them while I drank whiskey and fired Stingers.

I once read that the black market price for SA7s was like 5k. That's like six for the price of one stinger.

Maybe they'd have bulk discounts if I buy a dozen.
>>
>>30793924
>I once read that the black market price for SA7s was like 5k. That's like six for the price of one stinger.
You do know there's a massive difference in the cost to produce a product and the cost to steal a product from a military warehouse in Russia that doesn't keep an accurate inventory and is staffed by workers that can be bribed with a bottle of vodka and a $20 whore.
>>
>>30793974

Capitalism.
>>
>>30792872
GPS for civilian purposes actually contain a lockout if certain altitude or speed limits are exceeded. It's because the US doesn't want to run the risk of having their own positioning system used to guide ICBMs or something from a rogue state.
>>
>>30793096
not if you shoot a lot of them really, really quickly
>>
>>30794665
those are based in the gps circuit itself, a lot of weapons platforms have dual support for glonass/gps without speed or altitude limits

fuck just buy a few gps chips from china, 95% of those don't have any limitations
>>
>>30792589
And somehow in this universe money is not a thing right?
>>
>>30792608
Hey guus i have a 100 grand to blow on a MANPADS but i cant think of anything better to do with my time than blowing normies out of the sky
>>
>>30793868
We're talking about a fucking country where FUCKING TOW MISSILES are legal. Shit gon get crazy man.
>>
>>30794936
>not spending that money on a T-72 and showing the normies the real meaning of fear
>>
>>30792589
why would you want to an hero in your predicted future?
>>
>>30794959
>TOW MISSILES
Those are almost $60,000 each for the missile alone and would be even less likely to be sold to the public than the previously mentioned Stingers.
>>
>>30795073
Some of us aren't poorfags. Fuck off.
>>
>>30792784
I am now imagining a 3' tall m45 quadmount that shoots airburst .17 hmr rounds.
>>
>>30795087
Yeah, but imma bet all of those who have 60k to blow on a fucking TOW are either well adjusted enough that they wouldnt use it for mass school TOWing, or shady enough that they can get one right now if they want to use it for nefarious purposes
>>
>>30792079
The commercial would be Top Gun ending in a few seconds with a bald russian whipping tom cruise (who is crying that its not fair) and having a Verba on his back.
Camera closes in on the russians face as he smiles and thumbs up.

>>30792589
That just means planes are now disassembled and made into fast jet trains that can cross the Bering Strait bridge/tunnel and go anywhere on the world.
Try and pull a 9/11 with a jet train.

Pro tip
You cant
>>
>>30797341
Nononono
He thumbs down and tom cruise lookalike thumbed up at the start
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.