[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, what is your opinion on ethics when it comes to war? Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: 15646848864486864.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
15646848864486864.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
/k/, what is your opinion on ethics when it comes to war?
Should there really be any rules? Or is it important to have some boundaries?
>>
Kill baddies
Don't kill goodies or non combatants.
>>
Do unto others and all that. When youre going up against people that observe the rules, its nicer for both sides. When your going up against faggots like Isis that dont give a shit, the gloves need to come off because the rules are only impeding you at that point. In short, fighting ethically is for wars between civilized folk, pedo niggers that behead people should not expect soft treatment.
>>
>>30788546
/thread.

Also, I kinda like that for an engraving on the barrel of a gun.
>do unto others
>>
>>30788546
This, be as ethical as possible, but do sink to the depths that your opponent goes to so your hands are not tied.
Reminds me of a quote for some movie or something. Show no mercy for you shall receive none. That's basically how I feel about ISIS.
>>
>>30788481
I follow the sunnah of war...

There are always ROE that's what separates us from the animals op.
>>
>>30788546
/thread
>>
>>30788546
Thread
>>
>>30788546
/thread
>>
>>30788546
This, an eye for an eye. War is fucking hell but there's no reason to subject people to shit like mustard gas or weaponized ebola and it will only result in the enemy using it back against you.
>>
>>30788546
But the US has committed war crimes as well. Should the gloves come off because you pedo niggers also don't deserve soft treatment?
>>
napalm

yes/no?
>>
>>30788752
yes
>>
>>30788752
maybe, if its in an urban environment AND you POSITIVELY KNOW theres civilians, then no, but otherwise there should always be a napalm shortage in logistics. Napalm never goes out of style
>>
>>30788668
Yeah, every nation does.

But the difference is, these are the current fuckers that have cranked the "fucked up wartimes" notch on the Warcrime amplifier or life. Back to 11, where it has not rested since the last round of African genocides.
>>
File: lallalalala_by_soikkuu-d57otl3.jpg (54KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
lallalalala_by_soikkuu-d57otl3.jpg
54KB, 900x600px
>>30788481

>Should there really be any rules? Or is it important to have some boundaries?

Absolutely yes, modern weapons of mass destruction are not used because they are so easy to use and powerful that both sides would be crippled.

Imagine a 24/7 barrage of nerve gas, biological agents, nuclear weapons followed by the collapse of society which leads to all logistics breaking down, leaving survivors to starve.

It's just too damn effective these days, you simply can't escape if the full arsenal is ever used.
>>
>>30789097
Well maybe if the US Minded its fucking business and left Iraq alone they wouldn't have beheaded the original batch of hostages
>>
>>30788596
ROE is what stops me from becoming Muslim ?
>>
>>30789127
>just because they are the enemy they should be killed as POWs.

Do you realize Western countries don't do this because we aren't muslim savages?
>>
If you're fighting a fair war you're doing it wrong. The moment a nation or group declares war on you, anyone that aides and abed them is subject to the same treatment they themselves ought to be subject to. This means the weapons manufacturer, the cook, or the doctor. War is hell, stop worrying about image if you plan to win.
>>
File: 1468787014603.jpg (74KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
1468787014603.jpg
74KB, 500x462px
>>30788546
Today anon was not a retarded edge lord.

Today was a good day.
>>
>>30788481
It depends what you want to achieve. Sometimes you just want to retaliate and demonstrate to the enemy, that you can destroy him any time you want and he better stops or doesn't even attempt attacking you. Then of course there should be some guidelines of targeting only combatants and only destroying a proportional amount of the enemies facilities.

And then there's war that's about securing territory for your peoples. I believe that Europeans will have to face this kind of war, where there are two or more kinds of people who try to live in one territory, but their basic ethics and values are incompatible. Like Western civilization and Islam. This means, that one party tries to completely exterminate the other, women and children included. Now if it were up to me, I'd try to have tactically such an upper hand, as to give the other group a chance to retreat peacefully into their territory, i.e. going back to the middle east or Africa. But if this isn't possible, for example because the enemy resists too much or uses women and children as shields, then there's no alternative except losing that war, which is not an alternative. Yes, this genocide and the world as we see it today was shaped by many of them. There's no reason to believe, that this phenomenon stopped sometime in the 20th century.

Everything else is just rent seeking by the military industrial complex, this endless waste of life and resources in wars that don't achieve anything, basically since Vietnam.

Defend your territory and be completely peaceful if you are not, or if you need territory, exterminate the enemy completely. Everything else is bullshit.
>>
File: 1468063143776.jpg (74KB, 579x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468063143776.jpg
74KB, 579x720px
>>30789681
This if you want to "win" at war you remove all the pieces of the opposing side.
>>
If war is declared between nation states and their legitimate governments, it is a lawful pursuit and held to the standards laid out in our many conventions.

If war can not be declared and is againts an insurgent army enjoying popular support and endorsement from people, who's people conceal and mask movements then the laws that protect them are forfeit. Who's nation claims responsibility for terror attacks, who's people rejoice at the telling of the attacks, they forfeit our laws and are subject to might makes right.

It is the same way in which two combatants enter to fight verses a jigaboo gang tries to attack an old man and he whips out her revolver and pops them all because it turns out he's an old Marine and just had a shitty cheeseburger at Denny's and is wishing a nigger would.
>>
File: ZvFeb-Iq.jpg (18KB, 336x336px) Image search: [Google]
ZvFeb-Iq.jpg
18KB, 336x336px
>>30789127
Remove yourself kebab. Nobody cares what your turban wearing ass has to say because you- yes YOU and your "brothers" are why places like the middle east can't fucking move forwards and always regress into even more savagery. You help no-one, you don't progress humanity towards something better, you don't inspire peace nor prosperity, you are scum. I hope that even if you somehow do find yourself in heaven the only virgins you get are bitchy neon-haired femininazi whales who bring nothing but pain and disgust.
>>
File: 1466745990148.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1466745990148.gif
2MB, 659x609px
by any means necessary
>>
>>30790419
lol dues vult XD right? I tip my crusader helm to you m'christian friend.

Fucking kill yourself.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.