[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently purchased a Kershaw Cryo II. I read good reviews,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: KS1556TIf.jpg (240KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
KS1556TIf.jpg
240KB, 1400x933px
I recently purchased a Kershaw Cryo II. I read good reviews, liked the specs, so I bought it and I enjoy it.

Looking for another knife recommendation. Nothing too expensive or fancy, just something standard. Preferably with a flipper and clip. Something durable and reliable. Thanks.
>>
>>30786182
If you like kershaw, buy American kershaw. Ken Onion line, such as the leek, is an excellent choice, the skyline is another decent choice. What's your budget?
>>
>>30786195
Above $100 is a bit much, but if you really recommend it, then I'll bite. Preferably above 30 but below 70.
>>
Spyderco endura with emerson opener like 70 bucks on amazon. Well worth it.
>>
>>30786198
Here in burgerland, the leek is $50 and the skyline is $40. In that range, there's plenty of spydercos, the delica being probably the most popular, they're about $65. Ontario makes decent, cheap knives, in various sizes and colors. Typically around $25-40.
>>
I should mention that these are leaf dollars, not freedom dollars. Hence the knife.
>>
File: 20160728_061530.jpg (2MB, 2120x2269px) Image search: [Google]
20160728_061530.jpg
2MB, 2120x2269px
>>30786182
I bought this the other day:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IWUEKKG/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I received pic related instead. Needless to say, I'm pumped, paid $89 for a $179 knife.
>>
>>30786225
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00BPIG99C/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469704345&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=kershaw+leek&dpPl=1&dpID=31nCp3dfa1L&ref=plSrch

Here's the leek under your budget.
>>
>>30786251
Oh, sweet. Thanks.

On another note, a trend I've noticed is that Spyderco knives are really expensive, like 200 expensive. Is there a particular reason, do they have amazing quality? I've never owned one. Is it the steel material?
>>
>>30786270
Damn, that's a lot, typically speaking, in the states they range from $35-145. Their blades are high quality Japanese steel, unless you get the lower end knives, and they're assembled in America.
>>
>>30786295
Oh yeah, I guess that makes sense, as it stands, 200 leaf bucks is 151 USD. Strength of the dollar, eh?
>>
>>30786198

how about a delica 4? around $67-ish last I checked (been a while), and one of the best performing edc knives - certainly for the price, though mini griptilian also has a lot of fans.
>>
>>30786310
Really depends on which knife is 200 Canadian then. If it's the para military, that makes sense. Awesome knife btw.
>>
>>30786314
Oh yeah? I'll check it out, thanks for the recommendation.

>>30786322
It is, yeah. Got my heart set on that one, but it's a little too steep. The Spyderco Tenacious looks pretty nice as well. That hole mechanism seems pretty interesting, never really dealt with anything like it before.
>>
>>30786339
Here's the Delica:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0089DFGIG/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469705472&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=spyderco+delica&dpPl=1&dpID=31jA7P1pqzL&ref=plSrch

I have a tenacious and my father has a delica. I personally think the delica is better. Better steel, better build quality, etc. But both are good knives.
>>
>>30786355
Oh, that's solid. Thanks for the recommendation, mate.
>>
>>30786270
They have both cheaper knives and more high end stuff. Cheaper would be stuff like tenacious. Good middle ground is delica $60-70 or endura $65-80 depending on length and model you want. I like their ergonomics more then other knives but you gotta handle them to see if you like them. Depending on the model they have better steel then kershaw or cheaper brands. In the end its sharp metal cheaper options will still work for 95% of the stuff you would likely do with it. So get the one that feels good in your hand, and carries well for you.
>>
>>30786195
>>30786212
>>30786251
Can confirm that leek is good carry knife.

I bought mine in April and used it all summer for, well, everything. I work concrete and can cut a lot, such as expansion and tarp. I practically have it with me everyday wherever I go, and it's still sharp as fug. I often contemplated about having a multi tool instead like a Leatherman, but for now I'll stick with my leek.

Kershaw does make a edc screwdriver with a belt pouch organized with multiple bits. Might look into it depending on if I'll keep concrete up
>>
File: IMG_20160630_122817.jpg (1MB, 2242x1519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160630_122817.jpg
1MB, 2242x1519px
>>30786182
Cold Steel Finnwolf
Cold Steel Voyager
CRKT Tighe Tac line
CRKT Ken Onion line
Kershaw Blur
Kershaw Les George Spline
SOG Flash
SOG Trident

More spring-assists than flippers around these days, but I'm comfortable recommending all of these. They're all cut/dry/simple and good for the money.

If you buy the leek, buy some grip-tape, too. Flat aluminum makes for a shitty grip.
>>
>>30786339
Delica is one of the,if no best edc knife.its light,it has nice handle texture,good steel and edge geometry and a good lock.my only complaint is not having a deep carry clip.
>>
>>30786233
You need to return this, or your are committing theft by mislaid assets.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.