[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noguns here, is it legal to own a genuine M4? And I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: 1469061819732.jpg (22KB, 315x395px) Image search: [Google]
1469061819732.jpg
22KB, 315x395px
Noguns here, is it legal to own a genuine M4? And I don't mean "you can own an AR which is almost the same thing", I mean technically speaking, can I own a legit M4? From what I understand it would only be possible for a gun dealer to get one?
>>
>>30785377
with the right paperwork, yes
>>
>>30785402
The ATF would love to set your paperwork back a long time and get to know your doggo

But yes, it is possible
>>
>>30785377
it's possible, but you better love filling out paperwork, waiting, and have a good amount of cash around.
>>
Yeah, saw a clip on BBC that was posted, an ex-soldier had one, he said he had to get one of those stamps for it, but still.
>>
>>30785422
I guess when you come down to it, the process to getting selective fire is not as easy as semi-auto.
It's doable, but you will have to put in the work and money, and ultimately, it's up to the government if they want to approve or make that process smooth or throw obstacle after obstacle at you.
>>
And when we take about money we mean like $15,000 to $20,000.
>>
>>30785456
Just checked.... I stand corrected more lik $1,500
>>
>>30785377
I think the easiest and most straightforward way would be to become a law enforcement agency. See if you can get enough interested people together to form an incorporatable town where every resident is a member of the police force.
>>
>>30785377
You can own anything in some states, i know guys rockin full auto m16s and grenades
>>
>>30785499
Because they're LEOs. Even if they deny it, they're LEOs. If they weren't they'd never tell you about their fun stuff.
>>
>>30785466
$1,500 for what? An actual M4/M16? Not even close. Any transferable select fire/full auto is going to be more than than, much less something that isn't a shitty M10 or a Sten.
>>
>>30785377
>acquire full retard registered lower
>acquire 14.5" Colt upper
>acquire a colt buffer tube and stock
>slap them together

There. You have an M4. You could also get FN parts but the lower will probably be a colt.
>>
>>30785521
You would have to get a FFL then you could buy a new full auto gun for $1500
>>
>>30785520
There are definitely guys smart enough to piece together an illegal FA build but too stupid to keep their mouths shut out there.

>>30785467
That would be the deadliest town since the Wild West. Those kiddies and minorities would be torn apart
>>
>>30785635
>a town with no minorities

SIGN

ME

UP
>>
>>30785635
>That would be the deadliest town since the Wild West.
I vote we name it Dead Hands, for that cowboy feel plus, well, you know.
>>
>>30785596
It's not simple, and unless you have a legit business already, it's a fuckton cheaper to buy a $30K M16. Look in to the rules for post '86 dealer samples, then the requirements to get an FFL now, then the SOT for dealing in Class 3 items.
>>
>>30785377
>18 U.S.C. § 922 subsection (o):
>>(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), it shall be unlawful for any person to transfer or possess a machinegun.
>>(2) This subsection does not apply with respect to—
>>>(A) a transfer to or by, or possession by or under the authority of, the United States or any department or agency thereof or a State, or a department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or
>>>(B) any lawful transfer or lawful possession of a machinegun that was lawfully possessed before the date this subsection takes effect (1986).

So no.
>>
You're all retarded. The first version of the M4 was manufactured in '94, 8 years after the machine gun registry was closed.

The only way to get an M4 carbine in America is to be a soldier/federal agent/police officer, a licensed arms dealer that does business with state federal or local law enforcement, or to steal it.

That or be obscenely wealthy.
>>
Here's your options if you want a "Genuine" M4, OP:

A) Become an FFL dealer and acquire Dealer Samples by getting your local chief of police interested in buying M4s from you. Technically, it'll belong to your business, not you, and you'll have to get rid of it if you stop being an FFL.
B) Get a very expensive ($30k+) registered Full Auto AR15 or M16 lower receiver and build it into something more or less equivalent to an M4, although it'll be marked "AR15" or "M16" or w/e
C) Get the Semi-only Colt LE6920 with the fancy M4 markings on the receiver, and get a very expensive registered Lightning Link or Auto Sear ($20k+) to convert it to Full Auto. You'd probably also need a gunsmith to mill out certain sections of the receiver.

Last but not least, you have
D) Be a criminal and don't give a fuck about the law. Maybe they'll make it illegal to be a criminal to try to stop you?
>>
>join police
das it mang
>>
>>30785728
This... this thread is now over.
>>
>>30785596
They have tightened up the rules, being a kitchen-top FFL is impossible now.
>>
>>30785377
takes effort loads e moni, time and paperwork.

After a year or so, you can have full retard.
>>
File: 1339887993352.jpg (126KB, 800x630px) Image search: [Google]
1339887993352.jpg
126KB, 800x630px
I wonder how many guys throughout history have found ways to keep their rifle with them?

>be young man, know nothing of the world beyond your farm and village
>get drafted and issued a rifle
>trained a little and sent to fight
>your rifle is with you throughout years of war in foreign places
>you survived, the war is over, you're no longer needed and can go home
>tell them you lost your rifle somehow, get court martialed and charged a week's pay, then de-mobilized
>on your way home pick up your hidden raifu
>>
>>30786115
>Get charged a weeks pay.
Not how it works famalam.
People legitimately have gone to prison for losing their guns.
>>
>>30786179
Depends when and where they lost it. In a major war where the guy saw combat, losing the weapon is a real risk. The military knows this so Pvt. Johnson wouldn't be sent to prison for losing his rifle when ambushed by Krauts.
>>
>>30785583
>M4
Does anyone actually got the burst function on the rifle instead of just full auto?
>>
>>30785467
>>30785635
>>30785649
>>30785659
Sounds like the premise to a horror movie that seems like it going to be a rehash of 30 days of night, but unzips dick and turns into Tremors:revenge of the /k/ommandos
>>
>>30786206
He'd still get article 15'd if he didn't bring back the ruined scraps of the weapon.
It's actually worse if you lose your weapon in an active war zone, you get a field grade article 15 - only two excuses for losing your weapon is being vaporised or being captured.
>>
>>30785377
A genuine Colt M4 stamped M4? nope.

The M4 came out after the Hughes amendment. What you can however do is get a pre-86 select fire Ar15/M16 lower and build one that is in every way identical to one.
>>
>>30786179
>People legitimately have gone to prison for losing their guns.
No until recently, as far as I know.

Back in WW1/2 and up until the last 40 or 50 years people literally kept their rifles in their lockers. Since people having a rifle, especially soldiers, wasn't seen a the greatest threat to society since the Plague.
>>
>>30786439
It was still government property and possibly military equipment being sold to possible enemies.
It's true that prison has become a much more common result as of late, but people have been imprisoned in the past, especially when proven they were selling their weapons.
>>
>>30786445
I don't doubt. But I think back in the day a soldier that could convince his chain of command that he had simply lost his rifle or that it had been stolen, would face nothing more than simple in house disciplinary action. He'd probably get a few hits and some money taken off of him, people would think he's a dick, but as long as they didn't suspect he was lying I think in a lot of cases it wouldn't go any further. Now that's probably no so today, the army would shit a brick if someone lost and assault rifle or belt fed weapon because of the loss of face and reaction to the public. But one of millions of guys going through the process at the end of WW2, and one bolt action rifle being unaccounted for, would probably have been different.

I bet it happened.
>>
>>30785596
That is not how it works.

You need an ffl with a physical commercial zoned building ( thanks atf)
You then need to apply for a SOT ( a second much more expensive additional level of ffl) expect to get audited by the atf. To prove you are in the business of firearms. And not just trying to "enhance a personal collection" which is illegal.

Then you need to get a law demo letter from you local police asking for a demonstration. That gives you the ability to aquire a full auto post 86 dealer sample for the duration of the "law letter".

Once the letter expires ( they do expire thanks to the atf) you must sell the sample.
You really want a full auto. Just save up to 20,000$ and buy one that is transferable.
>>
>>30786458
Well very very very few people stole weapons during a conflict because you could literally bring back capture weapons if your COC allowed it.

Plus there were plenty of cases of captured weapons being snuck back.
I remember there was an Ausfag here whose Grandad sent back a Japanese HMG in parts along with a few mates, but ended up having the weapon confiscated sometime later due to nosy neighbours.
>>
>>30786458
Nowadays the brass would be pissed because they would have lost out on some merchandise to sell to the cartels.
>>
>>30785649
What about roof Koreans?
>>
>>30786634
Roof Koreans are the best.
I wish I married a Korean.
>>
>>30786458
I know guys that own old nuggets or AK's and shit even grenades that their parents, grandparents or themselves captured from the enemy or just stole because the Serbian army 20 or more years ago didn't care for a lost nugget or AK, one of them put a magazine's worth of ammo in a canteen and snuck it home
>>
>>30786634
Asians are fine as long as they aren't chinks.
>>
>>30785686
That sucks...
>>
>>30786769
>>
>>30786699
here's how to score you a good Korean girl.
Find a Korean church, wash your ass, and start attending. try to dress semi-decent. if you are incapable of doing such a basic human skill, find someone to be your tard wrangler, and go shopping for clothes. Good hygiene shows you are serious to get pussy, so wash your ass, your greasy ass hair, and brush them yellow ass teeth, and rub some deodorant on them stinking ass pits. trim them armpits down to cut down on the stink too.

and get off your ass and get a job mofucka. nothing gets a bitch wet as fast as a man with money. you could be a poor ass beautiful motherfucker with a 10 inch swollen throbbing uncut log of love, and a physique of young arnold, and not get as much love as an ugly nigga with lots of money.

now i aint saying korean girls is golddiggas, but granny wont let her marry no broke nigga.

remember a slutty korean girl, is a hyper uptight japanese girl. most dress fairly classy, the ones that dont, are ready to give up, gave up, are sleazedogs, or are the 300 lb girls that listen to stoner metal and masturbate to RED GIANT albums while dressed as M.O.D.O.K.. avoid those unless you are down for that trip.
>>
>>30786741
>risk court marshal for 4 dollars worth of ammo
are your friends retards too?
>>
>>30787048
>Serbia
Oh come on comrade, the chances of getting caught are minimal in Serbia, also ammo is expensive here in Europe
>>
>>30785422
>clip
>>
>>30787162
>be me
>be on some shitty open day for small bore target team
>SUPER SERIOUS BUSINESS TARGET COMPETITION SHOOTING
>Cant even touch an empty 'magazine' for an air pistol or .22 if someone is downrange
>I hate this kind of shooting and always have
>Bricks of 500 rounds of Eley Match just laying around on the benches to shoot
>Could have taken home numerous boxes
>Only reason I didn't was I'm not a thief
>Ammo didn't even belong to an individual, could have been mine
>Eley fucking match for my .22 rifle for years
That tempted me though.
>>
>>30785377
>can I own a legit M4?
you can own a gun identical to an m4, but as far as I'm aware no M4 has ever been sold to the citizenry. Nor has an m4 that the us exported to a foreign army been imported back.
>>
>>30788965
>.22
>500 rounds
>years
>>
>>30789221
>Bricks of 500 rounds
>plural
>Could have taken home numerous boxes
>number not specified but described as numerous

Either you're 13 or English isn't your native language because you reading comprehension is shit.
>>
>>30785377
If it was manufactured before 1986, and you pay for the tax stamp.
>>
>>30788965
Dude who gives a fuck nobodies gonna judge you, it's free premium ammo with no consequences for you or your wallet
>>
>>30785377
This thread shows how stupid /k/ommandos are and don't know the basics about the shit they fap too.

> M4 in service since 1994.
> 1986 FOPA
> legal to OWN a genuine M4?
>>
>>30790620
Well I mean you can get a full auto lower and then put all the furniture and what-not to make it like an M4.

Not to mention a lot of the M4s and what-not in service are converted from M16a1 and a2 receivers.
>>
>>30786232
You'd be surprised what some people have locked in a closet from iraq and afghanland.
>>
>>30790620
The XM4 (prototype of what would become the M4 carbine) did exist prior to 1986. And I read something somewhere that there might be a couple of transferable XM4s on the registry.
>>
>>30785649
>a town with no minorities
>only one ethnic group is the minority and majority all at the same time....Divide by 0
>>
File: Empty Waters.jpg (43KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Empty Waters.jpg
43KB, 625x626px
>>30786514
>>
>>30790794
Is going to be like sweden in the 70s, worst guy in the entire country was a drug addict who didnt want to do military service
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.