/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k, help me decide on a new, full size 9mm handgun. My only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: XDM95259SHC_131.jpg (578KB, 1404x1200px) Image search: [Google]
XDM95259SHC_131.jpg
578KB, 1404x1200px
/k, help me decide on a new, full size 9mm handgun.

My only requirements are to be under $800 (after-tax), and must be a 9mm.

After doing a lot of research online, most people mention glocks, cz75's, m&p pro's, etc..

I went into the gun store yesterday with the intention to buy the CZ 75 SP-01. The guy working there told me he'd go with the XDM 5.25 over the CZ. After showing me the gun, I was so impressed that I'm not sure now what to buy.

What do you recommend /k?
>>
File: CZ_75_SP-01.jpg (1MB, 3234x2587px) Image search: [Google]
CZ_75_SP-01.jpg
1MB, 3234x2587px
This is the CZ I was first considering. Picking it up at the store, it was about twice as heavy as the *larger XDM.
>>
I guess that's why they call it Springfield rofl XD
>>
>>30783507
well it is all steel, if steel frame is your thing cz75 is a really good choice. if not, all of the polymer frames are more of less than same, they are all equally reliable(sans VP9) and it's down to preferance, which one feels better in your hands.
>>
File: k approved 9 mm.jpg (1MB, 2500x2267px) Image search: [Google]
k approved 9 mm.jpg
1MB, 2500x2267px
>>30783500

I'm partial to the Beretta 92; but anything on this list is defensible. Although the VP9 apparently has rust issues people weren't aware of when the list was made.
>>
posting for interest.
i was looking at cheap Tristars and i cant find a negative thing about them for the price.

after more research though i find CZ75s and Glocks have many attractive aftermarket offerings, and don't honestly cost that much more.
>>
>>30783500
I believe the biggest difference between the cz and the xdm are the way they operate. The cz is hammer fired, and the xdm is striker operated. I'd say it is completely personal preference if you are trying to choose between those two. They would both be perfectly fine handguns.

I personally prefer hammer fired over striker fired, but striker fired is also perfectly fine, I just like having a hammer and control over it.

Other than that, polymer vs steel, aesthetics, and grip feel come into play as well.
>>
>>30783500

About 6 months ago I helped a friend select a handgun and they ended up getting a VP9, which up until that point I hadn't thought much of. I liked theirs so much I got one for myself too and it's now my favorite handgun period. Eagerly hoping for an SK version at some point.
>>
Does the SP-01 come in a polymer model?

I know the shadow does, but that goes far beyond my $800 budget.
>>
>>30783500
Ruger american pistol. Pretty nifty but all the gadgets are through their home site.
>>
>>30783655
it does but it's discontinued, you can check gunbroker.
The CZ-P09 basically is a polymer SP-01
>>
>>30783500
Glock 17
M&P 9

That is if you want a true "duty" handgun.

>inb4 the XD is a military design
>inb4 ditto with CZ
>>
>>30783942

Would you personally take the SP-01 or P09?
>>
>>30783500
Id take just about anything over an XD. Cause when was the last time you heard " it must be great, it was made in Croatia".
>>
>>30784152
Oh, and just to throw in a real vote, i prefer the Beretta 92fs or the CZ 75 or any its updated models.
>>
>>30784152
>CRO-AYSHA?! MUST BE SOME CHINESE SHIT! USA! USA! USA!

Fffffffffag
>>
>>30784103

I chose the P-09 over the SP-01 due to weight, length of pull, and price. I wanted the SP-01 more, but I couldn't justify an extra 200 bucks for a gun that I couldn't properly reach the trigger.
>>
>>30783500
XDM mod 2 feels fantastic in the hand. Slap some rubber talon grips on one and you've got a straight shooter, sparky. I have the original XD9 4 inch service, wish it had the longer barrel.
>>
Nothing wrong with a heavy gun, if you're not going to carry it around
>>
>>30784152
>during serbian war the PHP is mass produced
>after serbian war spend 6 years worth of R&D making it better
>1999 delivers cheap, safe, hi-cap poly striker handgun
>in fact, it's so good that 3 years later Springfield buys the whole company and says "LOOK AT ME, I AM THE CAPTAIN NOW"

you can not like the XD because "lel croatia" but you would be wrong
instead dislike it for a legitimate reason, like it having a grip safety or looking ugly
>>
>>30783500
Are you looking for any particular features?
Despite the memes the XDm is a solid reliable handgun. I've owned two, one .45 with a 4.5 barrel and a 9mm with a 5.25. (sold the .45 to get a 1911)
They were both 100% reliable, and they really fit my hand well. On the downside they don't have as much aftermarket as something like a Glock or M&P and some people are triggered by grip safeties.
>>
>>30784248
>>30784282
Grip safeties arent a complete turn off. But when every other option doesnt have one. Why does this one need it?
I was cleaning my step-dads XD-40 and I realized you cant even pull the slide back without the grip safety depressed. Thats just annoying and unnecessary.
>>
>>30784375
It doesn't really need it tb͏h but in my experience you don't even notice it while shooting. One of the main reasons I bought an XDm was because of how good it felt in my hands.
>>
>he doesn't know the FNS is best gun
>>
>>30783500
CZ SP-01
shoot one alongside a few glocks and you will see just how shitty glocks feel.
>>
>>30784103
i prefer the SP-01 because of the weight.
the weight cancels out a lot of the recoil.

i got a 110lb chick to shoot my sp-01, weight shouldn't be an issue for a male.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 261x96px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 261x96px
>>30785308
>>
>>30783500
I have an XD9 Mod.2 subcompact and it's been a fantastic pistol. I rented the full-size XD9 and loved the way it fit in my hand. I tried a Glock, a Beretta, and an HK P2000 too but nothing fit my hand quite like the XD9 did.

I've got close to 2,000 rounds through it and I don't regret my purchase.
>>
File: drugrug.jpg (145KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
drugrug.jpg
145KB, 960x720px
>>30784248
>>30784282
My first gun was a XD45 Compact(college poorfag) and what sold me on it was how nicely it felt in my hand compared to others I tired. It's been reliable and I've had no issues with it in the years I've owned and shot it.
>>
File: canik tp9v2.png (621KB, 1003x772px) Image search: [Google]
canik tp9v2.png
621KB, 1003x772px
$350 bucks, 19 rounds, comes with 2 mags and even a decent holster which I am wearing now.
>>
Have a beretta 92fs and love it, would recommend the m9 variant for the rail though. Comfortable to shoot, accurate, high quality construction and feel aside from the polymer trigger and rods. They're replaced easily.

Will get turned into my comp pistol when I get a lighter gun for carry. Probably an m&p.
>>
File: Ruger-American-Pistol-1-661x496.jpg (45KB, 661x496px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-American-Pistol-1-661x496.jpg
45KB, 661x496px
>>30783801
Do you have one yourself? I need to go rent one. I love the SR9 but it doesn't feel rugged enough for me, the American is like an evolution of the SR9 IMO. All I ever read are guys saying they've shot it and like it, people who haven't shot it saying "lol Ruger a shit" and one guy that shot it and didn't like how it felt even though it shot well. Still haven't seen a legit "it chewed my knuckle off" incident.
>>
>>30788033
>the American is like an evolution of the SR9 IMO
Only stylistically. It's a lot tougher internally.
>>
>>30783500
If you're going full size I'd suggest jumping into a longslide unless you're in some type of weird competition bullshit. Like, I don't know why someone would bother with a Glock 17 over a 34 unless you're just trying to save a bit of money, longer barrel + sight radius is always wonderful and most full size pistols are too big to conceal anyway.

That XDm 5.25 is breddy gud too if that turns you on, but you basically can't go wrong with a major manufacturer today. I'd say to go classy and get a used Hi-Power, but a CZ-75 does just as well.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.