[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a skilled gunsmith make this a reality? Why the fuck would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Sawnoffptrs41.jpg (22KB, 717x340px) Image search: [Google]
Sawnoffptrs41.jpg
22KB, 717x340px
Can a skilled gunsmith make this a reality? Why the fuck would anyone need an anti material rifle that long, its too fucking heavy and too long.
Why does it have to be an anti material rifle anyway? Who the fuck shoots at a tank with it (except for the russian rebels in ukraine but thats just for show)?
You take the shorter, but still the same thing as the ancient soviet grandma of the RPG and have the same fun with it, if not more.
Its excellent for close quarters combat and you can kill 4 people with one shot. Why hasnt anyone thought of this before?
>>
>>30780805

>A huge fucking obrez

I came, someone needs to CC this.
>>
its retarded, most if not all the powder would be wasted as a fire ball instead of being used to propel the bullet. i doubt there'd be enough gas to actually cycle the action let alone strip and rechamber a round. then the actual bullet it self wouldn't have anywhere near the same effectiveness since the barrel's rifling wouldn't have had enough twist rate to stabilize it our length to encapsulate the powder to propel it.
>>
File: rightinthebum.jpg (36KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
rightinthebum.jpg
36KB, 500x273px
>>30780805
>This whole post

what the fuck am I reading?
>>
That would be thoroughly useless, but I don't see why not.
>>
this one weird trick to make your ptrs-41 concealable

the ss hates it
>>
>>30780805
Are you actually mentally challenged?
>>
>>30780805
>Can a skilled gunsmith make this a reality?
all you need is a PTRS and a hacksaw.

maybe a table too.
>>
>>30780858
>i doubt there'd be enough gas to actually cycle the action let alone strip and rechamber a round
I don't think you understand how gas operated guns work.
>>
Come to think of it, how hard would that thing kick?
>>30780900
You need to line up the sights perfectly. The gunsmiths know how, i dont.
>>
>>30780872
Anti tank rifles are useless. This short version wouldnt be an anti tank rifle. I dont know what would it be, but it would be awesome. Elephant pistol or something like that.
>>
File: aa chm 325 exp10.png (20KB, 681x890px) Image search: [Google]
aa chm 325 exp10.png
20KB, 681x890px
>>30780911
gigger hola , icaea the mudsape ve=qtr .
Ceniacl uta proisasa mejiha
>>
>>30780911
What he said is actually dead on noobie, have you ever tried shooting a semi auto SBR with a stock or standard gas system, they dont work or if they do its a jam-o-matic. Its the pressure of the gas stuck behind the bullet as its traveling through the barrel that causes the gas piston to cycle the action. When you change the stock barrel length to that extreme as shown in the picture you're changing the timing to a huge extreme. Next time dont put your foot in your mouth by questioning shit you dont understand.
>>
>>30780858
Have you seen how far a GP 25 can launch a grenade accurately? The thing doesnt even finish a full swirl of its rifling
>>
>>30780995
But it was designed to launch with that twist rate, hacking a tank rifle really fucks with the accuracy because you're cutting the twist rate to a fourth of want it was. you'd be lucky to hit the building the tank was next to on the street if you shot that.
>>
File: 1464362793647.jpg (34KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1464362793647.jpg
34KB, 500x366px
>>30781024
It doesnt need to be accurate at long range and it definitely wouldnt be for tanks.
Just like >>30780846 said. A huge obrez
>>
>>30780984
>have you ever tried shooting a semi auto SBR with a stock or standard gas system, they dont work or if they do its a jam-o-matic
I'm willing to bet you haven't. Unless you're talking about something stupid like a dissipater set up on an AR-15 (20" barrel gas system on a 16" barrel), shortening the barrel and moving the gas port back results in the gun cycling with more force not less.
>>
>>30781067
What happens when there is too much force cycling the gun?
>>
>>30780805
>turn your el cheapo proto-antimaterial rifle into a straightpull noise, smoke and keyhole machine with this one weird trick
I think I'll pass
>>
>>30781083
Increased wear, and if you increase the bolt velocity to much without adding stronger magazine springs you'll get failures to feed.
>>
>>30780805
>ukraine

no such thing
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.