[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it heresy to convert a 30" winchester made in 1903 to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1897wholeweb.jpg (21KB, 695x249px) Image search: [Google]
1897wholeweb.jpg
21KB, 695x249px
Is it heresy to convert a 30" winchester made in 1903 to a 20" barrel?

I don't need a full choke and the riot models are sexy as fuck.
>>
Put a grenade launcher on it
>>
>Is it heresy to do something that's been exceedingly common for at least a decade?

Depends how you look at it. For me personally it depends on what shape the gun is in and why you want to do it.

Unless you're building a CASS gun or a trench/riot clone you would likely be better served just buying another gun.
>>
>>30780350

If you can remove the original barrel without damaging it, and keep the original barrel in good condition, I don't see why not.
>>
>>30780560
To add to that, go ahead and do a Google search for replacement barrels and tell me if you want to chop it.

PSA isn't exactly cranking em out. I have a boner for the 1897 too and while I hate China, I don't want to be some pro street or or cafe racer fag that's chopping up classics that haven't been produced in ages so I can cosplay
>>
>>30780617
I went and did some looking because I was curious. You'd have to get them from dudes on GB for stupid prices.
>>
>>30780644
Yep, last aftermarkey barrels I saw we're around $250. A beat up 1897 cost about as much as a chinaman trench gun.

That being said, it seems like 1897 barrels would be a nice market void to fill. Along with faux Ithaca 37 barrel tabs.
>>
>>30780560
I was thinking of making it like a trench gun and maybe getting swivels and the shield for it. Don't know how easy it would be to get swivels though.

>>30780617
I was looking it up and barrels are stupid hard to find. They're also going to be at least half the cost of the gun in the first place. I got a pretty decent deal in the first place, but buying another barrel would kind of shit that up.
>>
>>30782686

Barrels are hide to find because people like yourself want short barreled riot style guns, and they have hacksaws.

Try to not be part of the problem.
>>
>>30782727
>Every chops theirs down to the short barrel
>Short barrels are now impossible to find

???
>>
>>30782727
Except there's a million of the damn things with 28 and 30 inch barrels that nobody wants because anybody looking to blast birds is buying a newer, lighter, and more reliable gun.

The only people left who want real 1897's are either into riot models for cowboy action shooting or building a trench gun clone.
>>
>>30782920
Should I take this to mean that there's nothing really wrong with changing it?

What would be the result of having the choke on anyways? I assume it means I couldn't use steel shot or slugs with it, which in my state means no hunting.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.