[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering getting a crossbow for home defense. Any recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Crossbow.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Crossbow.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
Considering getting a crossbow for home defense. Any recommendations regarding what I should buy?
>>
A gun.
>>
>>30778384
That would be ideal but it's not possible at this juncture.
>>
>>30778378
If you have a Rural King in your area, they have a 175 lb. "Jaguar" crossbow that I bought for my daughter. She's about to start her fourth turkey season hunting with it and zero problems. Just get carbon fiber bolts and decent broadheads - the ones supplied are target practice aluminum cheapos.
She is a slim teen but can load it with a cocking rope. Once we sighted it in and got good bolts, she easily hits soda-can sized targets at 30-40 yards with 5 out of 6 shots. Even at that distance, they tend to bury themselves completely into a hay bale and partially through the back, so we swapped to a better target to avoid damage to the fletchings.
I had planned to "upgrade" her to a "better" bow, but see no reason to now. Many of the more expensive bows are also a little heavier, she likes this one better.
Remember to wax the string and rails often - we usually do every few shots.
>>
>>30778595
Thanks for the info
>>
>ITT: Spot the Felon
>>
>>30778595
Sorry, forgot to post the link.
FYI, I don't know about practicality for home defense, you wouldn't want to leave it cocked all the time and it takes a few seconds and a little space to load, but as far as damage - I don't doubt for a minute that it would easily be lethal, especially with a decent broadhead, within buckshot ranges (30-50 yards).
When we've missed a target, we've found bolts buried an inch into fenceposts about 100 yards away.

http://www.ruralking.com/mtech-jaguar-175-lb-recurve-camo-crossbow-cr-013a2.html
>>
>>30778625
So what if he is? He's looking for a legal means of self-defense. More power to him.
List of felony "crimes" in most states that result in felony status include writing a bad check over $150, 3rd time driving on a suspended license, failure to pay state sales tax on time, and possession of 3/4 ounce of pot. Frankly, I don't care whether those people have an AR-15, handgun, or anything else that a non-felon could choose from.
>>
>>30778711
I have nothing against felons anon. I didnt mean to offend you at all. I personally believe that if you served your time then you should have all of your firearm rights back.
>>
>op gets crossbow
>suddenly a wild intruder appears
>OP grabs his crossbow and loads it
>Flings open the door "hands up motherfucker I've got your ass now"
>attacker comes towards OP
>op shoots and misses or shoots and pisses off the attacker
>"hold on I need to reload"
>OP gets pinned down and ass raped by the angry intruder
>After about 5 minutes of having his ass torn up OP turns catatonic
>all he can think of now is why didn't I chose something more effective
>eventually the brutal ass fucking finishes
>not because of anything OP did, the intruder just got bored
>OP just lays there a cum filled whimpering wreck thinking about all the bad decisions that led to this moment
>he disconnects from real life
>realising how hard he has failed at real life OP withdraws into himself
>loses his job, house, car
>Eventually OP dies cold and alone on the street
>his last words heard by no one else "Why ... didn't I buy .... a fucking nugget .... cyka blyaaaaaaaaaaaat"
>and with that he dies
>>
>>30779015
Always strapped with a knife so that wouldn't happen.
>>
>>30779052
what if the intruder is strapped with a gun?
>>
>>30779106
Hey, it's better than nothing.
>>
>>30778679
Those are supposedly the cheapest halfway decent crossbows available. They get sold under different names online.

For a bit more look at the Barnett Wild Cat C5 and Jackal. Their Buck Commander package is supposedly the best deal on crossbows right now.
>>
>>30779121
Save your money buy a dog, some decent doors and some backup lube
>>
>>30779052
>>30779015
>not using your empty crowbow as some kind of battle bludgeon
>0/medieval operator
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.