[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets build my first AR /k/. Desirable traits: >20" barrel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: 6865080809_f5fca040aa_b.jpg (272KB, 1024x333px) Image search: [Google]
6865080809_f5fca040aa_b.jpg
272KB, 1024x333px
Lets build my first AR /k/.
Desirable traits:
>20" barrel
>fixed stock
>Iron sites

I like the look of the M16A4, No need for the rails I won't put much on em and I could always upgrade to quad rails or whatever later. I know floating barrel or hand guards or whatever is much better for accuracy but I don't think its worth the money I wont be able to push the rifle to its accuracy limits.

For Iron sites, I like the look of the detachable carrying handle with the triangular barrel mounted front site but its not a requirement.

Cheap because I can build a nicer one later in life after I really figure out what I like, and I wanna throw as many dollars at ammo as I can because 1000 rounds of training on iron sites is better than 50 rounds of training through a $2000 raifu. At least at my current level of experience.

Pic related; inspiration
>>
https://rguns.net/shop/r-guns-20-military-a3-upper-assembly-40/

Thoughts for the upper? Makes it easy, then I just build the lower receiver.
>>
File: a2_lbk.jpg (11KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
a2_lbk.jpg
11KB, 370x370px
Now all I need is a receiver right? And the rear site of course.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/a2-rifle-build-kit.html
>>
File: A4_Rifle.jpg (31KB, 997x332px) Image search: [Google]
A4_Rifle.jpg
31KB, 997x332px
No input from /k/?

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=A4-870-212
>>
>>30777666
>1/9
>not chrome lined
>heavy barrel
Meh, I'd wait.

Get a BCM upper. If you have to have it right now without waiting then look at Colt.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/573787554
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>30777749
You're literally building it yourself: you've already posted the parts you want and where to get them

This kind of pants-on-head retardation is what keeps /k/ from being an good board

If you weren't such an attention-whoring faggot I wouldn't have even bothered replying but you triggered the fuck out of me

>pic unrelated, my view at work this morning
>>
Didn't we have this thread yesterday or something
OP I'm building my 20" too right now. I'm using a calvary arms a1 stock(manlet) and a low end buis instead of a carry handle. It feels decent in balance.
>>
File: 1449072172462.jpg (42KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
1449072172462.jpg
42KB, 295x295px
>>30778869
>BUIS
>shortening sight radius and making it even harder to look through the peep by putting it in the center of the receiver rail instead of the slot all the way back by the charging handle where the sight would be on an A2 carry handle
>>
>>30778912
You think I don't know I'm retarded?
Just check out that 3 point sling while you're at it.
>>
>>30778869
what sling
>>
>>30777646
>triangular barrel mounted front site
holy fuck dude

>>30777696
>>30777749

You're asking for help picking the most basic parts you could hope to ask for

Why are you trying to build something from scratch when you could buy it already built for the same cost? You build an AR when nothing else on the market suits your needs/desires but you literally want the most basic and well established build available.

You also seem way more concerned with how your rifle is going to look rather than what functionality you're actually shopping for. In that case you're better off throwing your money buying a pair of sick yeezys

So let's recap

You admit to being a shit shot, but understand you have to practice. Good.
You think "sight" is spelled "site." Bad.
You think quad rails are an upgrade. Bad.
You're ignoring that the money you're going to spend buying parts and shipping them individually, buying the tools you'll need, time spent either setting up a workbench with a vice or finding someone who does that'll let you use theirs or rent their time, instead of spending the same dollar amount or less in 10 minutes or however long your background takes at your lgs. Bad.

tl;dr

You're currently being a faggot but don't lose hope, there's a very clear and easy way to unfagify yourself and it's called buying the exact rifle premade to your exact, half-assed requirements.

Buy any ar15a4 like your pic related. Don't fuck with rails ever. Once you get used to the rifle, get a magpul moe or slim handguard for it. Drops right in and you'll be able to experiment with attaching lights and other shit to it without constantly having to carry the weight of full rails and metal guards.

I know I'm a cunt but I truly am trying to keep you from being retarded
>>
>>30779065
>triangular barrel mounted front site
whats wrong with that
>>
>>30779061
specter 3 point
>>
>>30779100
Nothing, just the way you said it.

You're asking for things so basic that we don't understand why you don't just go to a gunstore and buy one.

If you want to build, which I'd still recommend, look at a BCM A4 upper on a literally anything lower.
>>
>>30777646
Just go on Palmetto State Armory's website, find what you want, and buy a cheap 20" upper when it comes in stock.
I don't think you will benefit from spending more on anything nicer. Once you get more involved in shooting and get some experience, you'll realize a 20" rifle is a toy and you want something higher quality and shorter. I say this as someone who just nostalgia built a 20" service rifle upper, and carried an A4 all around Afghanistan.
>>
>>30779434
All that shits out of stock anon.

>>30779686
>nail on head
>>
>>30778869
Tell me more!
>>
>>30779686
>20" rifle
>toy

What did he mean by this
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.