[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /k/, having a bit of an issue here I go to school in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: Satan.jpg (89KB, 1190x800px) Image search: [Google]
Satan.jpg
89KB, 1190x800px
Alright /k/, having a bit of an issue here

I go to school in DE but am a permanent MA resident.

In DE I rent a house and have a 12 month lease

While trying to buy my first AR (legal under DE law and illegal under MA law), I was denied the sale when I presented my MA ID, the seller told me that based on ATF regulations that MA law still applied to me and that based on the recent ban of all ARs in MA that he couldn't sell me the rifle.

Is this bullshit, am I misinterpreting the law or should I just apply to be a permanent DE citizen as I never plan to return to MA after college.

TL;DR Am I still held to MA gun law buying a gun in another state

Thanks
>>
Just get a license within the state you are renting, use that address as your place of residence.
>>
>>30777101
Private sale. Gun legislature is unconstitutional, so fucking ignore it. Just don't get caught.
>>
File: Delaware State Constitution meme.jpg (750KB, 1300x771px) Image search: [Google]
Delaware State Constitution meme.jpg
750KB, 1300x771px
>>30777154

Yep.

Easy as fuck to do in DE. Then buy all the god damn ARs you want to man.

Just no silencers :(
>>
>>30777609
That pic is fantastic

Applying for license now
>>
File: Wew.jpg (48KB, 471x500px) Image search: [Google]
Wew.jpg
48KB, 471x500px
>>30777858

It's a spicy meme i made. Feel free to save it to your computer, friend. XDDD

>Applying for license now
Good shit, man. AR prices havent gone apeshit around here yet so it's a good time to grab one. Check if there is a delay between changing your residence and being eligible to purchase a gun. I'm not sure if there is any delay, but it would at least save you the trouble of going through another denial.
>>
>>30777939
Have you ever bought from Branchys in Laurel DE?

Good/bad experience?
>>
>>30778128
I have not. The only gun stores i've purchased from are in middle/upper DE (shooter's choice, starquest survival, and Cabela's).

I've bought a good amount of guns online and the websites just ship to a local FFL who charges 25 bux for the background check when i come pick it up.

Good way to find something that your store might not have, and usually for a lower price.
>>
>>30777609
I had to look up that requirement to publish your intent to get a CCW in the paper on your own dime. Not that I disbelieved your meme, I just had to see it for myself. Holy freakin' Jesus. Also, that total cost to apply, poll taxes all up in here.
>>
File: CantStandYa.webm (506KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
CantStandYa.webm
506KB, 704x528px
>>30778406

Yeah it's fucking ludicrous man. My biggest issue is that I don't want to ask 5 fucking non-family peers if they'll sign off on my having a gun. At least with the newspaper there is a high chance that no one will see it.

I don't want any of my acquaintances to know i'm carrying a gun concealed god dammit. Unless i choose to disclose that on my own terms.

At least it is "shall issue" in practice (once you do your little dance for the legislature, you get a permit), but still. Shit is unreasonable imo.
>>
>>30778456
>wow guys this is such bullshit

>im not gonna move away or protest or anything though, im just gonna take it like the cuck I am

americans
>>
>>30778575
Delaware is a pretty sweet state because property is cheap, there's no sales tax, there's shore, it's in the mid-lantic but close enough to a major airport in Philly and a short drive to DC but retains a very conservative atmosphere, especially in Kent and Sussex county.

A lot of reasons to stay, and you can get a concealed carry permit, it's just a pain in the ass
>>
>>30778575

>baiting in a Delaware thread

Surely there are more popular threads right now for you to shitpost in, my friend
>>
File: GIT GUD.png (227KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
GIT GUD.png
227KB, 534x486px
>>30778639
Speaking of Delaware, are there any good rifle ranges with 100+ yard outdoor rifle ranges besides JD Defense in Georgetown?
>>
>>30778664

Not that I know of. There'a 50 yard indoor/outdoor range in New Castle called the Ommelanden Hunter Education Training Center which is nice because it only costs $3 to shoot there.

They also do skeet shooting and archery and all kinds of other shit, really. But the rifle/pistol range is only 50 yards and is semi encased in concrete.

My 7.62x39 AK is fucking LOUD in that place.
>>
>>30778694
>$3
Hot diggity damn, I know where I'm shooting handguns from now on

Is it crazy busy?
>>
>>30778715
It can be busy, usually when they first open. They are open Wed, Sat, and Sun i think.

But there are a lot of lanes and the place usually clears out after the initial rush.

It's 3 dollars for 30 minutes, which doesn't sound like a lot, but is actually pretty decent, especially because unless there is a line waiting for lanes to open up, the RO's don't seem to watch the clock.

The only thing that annoys me is having to pack up, and walk/drive back to the front desk every time you want to go for another 30 minutes session. They're two separate buildings.

They also don't rent out ear/eyepro or targets, but they do sell them. Tape is sometimes hard to find, so bring your own if you want to.
>>
Seriously, regardless of the state you live in, it's almost our gun-owner duty to convert 3 or 4 of the gun-neutrals each. The libtards may be a lost cause, but they rely on gun-neutrals who don't really care and wouldn't stand up against them.
Take a friend to the range. Let them smell the gunpowder and feel the recoil. Make it an enjoyable day and show them safe and responsible gun ownership.
>>
>>30778769
Sounds decent.
Despite being in the most liberal part of the state, I'm really coming around to loving Delaware, me and some friends shoot and fish and the state parks/water/quiet is really nice. I'll look out for an anon shooting 7.62x39 indoors once I can get my rifle.
>>30778775
I agree, back home I've gotten a bunch of people to go to my local range, and, prior to the recent healy-pocalypse had a few considering purchasing ARs, a few even were at the state house the other day protesting.
MA seems more and more like a lost cause though, going the way of CA
>>
>>30778775
>Take a friend to the range. Let them smell the gunpowder and feel the recoil.

This is one of the most fun parts of gun ownership, introducing people to the sport of shooting.

I recently met up with an australian /k/ommando who was visiting the US, and i brought him and a bunch of my guns to the range. According to him, he had never fired a gun before. It was a ton of fun. Real cool dude too, i could tell he enjoyed the range a lot. I of course really enjoyed talking about guns and shooting in general with someone who was new to the activity.

I think showing other people the ropes also makes you a better shooter/owner/gun handler as well. It helps to go over the basics every now and then.
>>
>>30778664
There's one with up to 1000yds in the Seaford area. Not sure of the name though.
>>
>>30778820
>Despite being in the most liberal part of the state

Which area? I'm in north wilmington/claymont area. I go to ommelanden and targetmaster a few times a month at least.
>>
>>30778858
That's awesome
>1hr 44m drive
Could be good for weekends
>>
>>30778870
Newark, near the University, so naturally it's more liberal in "feel"
>>
>>30777101
He doesn't know what he's talking about. Find a gun dealer who isn't a wannabe lawyer.
>>
>>30778878

Oh right on man that's a cool area over there. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you ever want to go shooting or some shit. I always need excuses to go shoot more often.
>>
>>30778898
I'm totally down to buy ammo and go shoot sometime, thanks mayne
>>
>>30778884
If he doesn't have a DE id and residence, he's not getting an ar because of the laws in his home state. I can't buy one there with my nj id unless its nj compliant.
>>
>>30778919

Awesome, sounds good man.
>>
>>30778930
I wasn't aware NJ had annexed Deleware.
>>
>>30778930
>nj

I am so sorry anon.

My gf still has a NJ id (she lives with me in DE now) and I just recently got her into shooting funs.

She wants to buy a gun of her own and she says to me the other day, "all my life i was told what a great state NJ was, but the gun laws are pretty shit aren't they?"

Yes. Yes they are.
>>
>>30778930
>I can't buy one there with my nj id unless its nj compliant.
That's not the way it works. Do you think residents if residents of Oklahoma go to another state it is illegal for them to buy liquor on Sunday there?

You can buy whatever the fuck you want in Delaware. Transporting it back to NJ is what would be the problem.
>>
>>30778981
That's my hangup, if I buy the gun in DE, keep it in DE, store/use it in DE, am I as a MA resident allowed to make that purchase while in DE if I have no intention of bringing it back to/using/storing/selling the rifle in MA
>>
>>30779011
MA laws do not apply outside of MA. Unless Delaware has some law saying you can't then yes you can.
>>
>>30777101

Just get a new i.d. nigger. Not that hard.
>>
I have CO residency and a CO licence but bought an M1 carbine with a magazine of more than the CO 10 round limit with no issues. This likely isn't relevant but I thought I'd throw it out there
>>
>>30779313
Bought it in WA.
>>
>>30778981
Sale of liqour is banned on Sundays, not purchase or possession of liqour. Sale, purchase, and possession of non compliant weapons is banned in NJ.
>>
>>30779364
"in NJ" being the key phrase. If you aren't going to sell, purchase, or possess the weapon IN NJ then their laws do not apply.

For a better analogy, sale of weed is a felony and possession of any amount a misdemeanor in Kansas, but Kansas residents can go to Colorado and buy and possess freely.
>>
>>30779447

I think handguns are required by federal law to be eventually 4473'd in your home state, regardless of where you purchased.

Not sure about long guns, nor do I know if DE has some strange law about this.
>>
>>30779556
Yes, that is true. Apologies if I gave a different impression (which is possible re-reading my posts). Handguns must be FFL transferred back to your home state by federal law.

Gun stores can also simply decide not to sell long guns to people from a different (or particular) state regardless of whether it is legal or not.
>>
Generally, a person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State. Exceptions include the acquisition pursuant to a lawful bequest, or an over–the–counter acquisition of a rifle or shotgun from a licensee where the transaction is allowed by the purchaser’s State of residence and the licensee’s State of business. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C 922(a)(3); 27 CFR 478.29]

Must be lawful in purchasers state of residence.
>>
File: atf8021.png (82KB, 646x433px) Image search: [Google]
atf8021.png
82KB, 646x433px
>>30777101
Let me clue you in on a little detail to getting around these matters. It is great that you are going to school, because this addresses exactly your predicament. Have a look at ATF Ruling 80-21, which is pic related. If someone in DE tries to deny you based on your permanent residence n MA, bring up ATF Ruling 80-21. According to the ATF, for purposes of acquiring firearms, you are a resident of the state you are living in. Then, on your 4473 utilize item 20b to prove that you are living in/resident of DE; in other words bring a document, preferably a 1098-T or similar.

Cheers m8.
>>
>>30779011
Most dealers are going to cover their ass when it comes to selling guns to someone with an ID from a prohibitive state.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.