[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are nuclear primaries still being improved in design behind the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: Mark_5_warhead.png (1MB, 609x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Mark_5_warhead.png
1MB, 609x1365px
are nuclear primaries still being improved in design behind the scenes in burgerland?

like what if some world war happens and it's revealed we had a shitload of multi gigaton bombs in the woodworks?
>>
>>30776217
>multi gigaton bombs
Fucking why, like glassing the earth is mostly a meme but at the point of gigatons you might actually do it. Go look up the Tsar Bomb and remember that it's just 50 megatons. Now remember that a gigaton is 20 times that.
>>
There's not really a lot of point in making more nukes. You can guarantee other stuff is being played with, but nukes? Nah.
>>
The only things being developed in regards to nukes are delivery systems and countermeasures.
>>
>>30776235
people probably said that about tons of stuff like ball and powder rifles and tanks. would you want to not have tanks? not even communists are that evil.

>>30776261
but why? it's almost like people care about collatoral damage more so than actual damage. it's unamerican.
>>
>>30776280
>people probably said that about tons of stuff like ball and powder rifles and tanks.
No they didn't. Muskets and tanks both had obvious advantages over what was the norm at the time. Making super nukes is just pissing into the wind and risking a new arms race, which flies in the face of MAD doctrine and the policy of nonproliferation..
>>
>>30776280
Dude no. This a lot more like super tanks. It's too big to be practical. Two 1Gt bombs would annihilate Colorado. Five would destroy the eastern seaboard. We're not talking taking a city or two, we're talking destroying entire states or countries in one bomb.
>>
>>30776341
can't ICBMs already destroy countries with multiple warheads?
>>
A bit of work is being done. We keep giving them money for a bunch of cryptic-sounding projects.
There's no point in increasing yield though. There are good reasons why we backed off from the 5+ MT bombs of the 50's.
Once you get to Tsar Bomba territory, you're bleeding most of that energy into fuckin' space
>>
>>30776353
Depends on the size of the country. Most of those warheads are usually tactical sized. Just big enough to take out a city.
>>
File: image.gif (541KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
541KB, 300x168px
>>30776341
>We're not talking taking a city or two, we're talking destroying entire states or countries in one bomb.
GLASSING OF THE MIDDLE EAST WHEN!? FUCKING WHEN!?
>>
>>30776353
>>30776382
Just looked it up. Minuteman ICBMs carry three warheads with a normal max of 300kt each. Back to the Colorado comparison, it would take all three just to properly level Colorado Springs.
>>
There's no such things as Nukes

If there were America and Israel would have used them 50 times by now...
>>
>>30776434
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapons_tests
>>
>>30776434
/pol/ please leave.
>>
File: 234234232.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
234234232.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>>30776434
>>
>>30776341
So we should make a hundred of them and daisy chain them from Morocco to Beijing.
>>
>>30776217
that looks like a huge dildo.
>>
>>30776217

you know you've been here too long when you think op's pic was some sort of dragon dildo scrolling past.

But we're on to cooler stuff now like lasers and rail guns now.
>>
>>30776217
>still being improved in design

Yes and no. Some maintenance and upgrading is being done. But anything major could put the reliability and actual operation of the weapon at risk. And without testing, there's no way to tell for sure.

Simulation can only go so far, so other than minor changes, proven weapons designs are pretty much left alone.
>>
>>30776217
With as many super computers at Los Alamos, yes, they are most likely designing newer warheads of various types, you can only get so far with computer models though.

>gigaton

lel

no.

there's already virtually no targets that are worth 10MT devices, why go larger?
>>
>>30776341
>>30776235

Nuke yield doesn't work like that.
With a 1 GT bomb you wouldn't fuck up 1000 times the area as with a 1 MT bomb, it would be probably more like 10-50 times the area, which means you're wasting an enormous amount of fissile material and D/T on fucking up a single place too thoroughly for anyone to even know the difference. It's like shooting a guy five hundred times, there's just no use.
This is because the landscape and atmosphere simply don't allow the effects like shockwave and thermal radiation to scale indefinitely (unless you reach cataclysmic yields). This is one of the reasons we moved on to MIRV warheads, multiple overlapping small yield nukes are much more devastating than a single large yield one.
>>
>>30776217

Is it weird that I was briefly concerned that I was looking at a /b/ dick thread with an uncircumcised weiner? fucking 4chan has ruined my life.
>>
>>30777096
>it would be probably more like 10-50 times the area,
Anon, I can tell you're really into this topic and that's great. But you need to sit down and shut the fuck up because the blast radii I said are barely three times what the Tsar bomb is capable of, not 20 times. I said five for the Eastern Seaboard but I meant more the parts that count. It would be more like 8-9 for the entirety of it.
>>
>>30776217
I doubt it.

Between how heavily regulated fissile material is and how much everyone is looking over one another's shoulder, you'd be hard pressed to have something like that out of public knowledge.
>>
>>30777162
same :/

it's like walking through a minefield, only with dicks
>>
>>30776217
Imagine how glorious that would feel jammed in your ass
>>
>>30776217
Fuck you, until we deploy a Casaba-Howitzer warhead, we don't need to develop anything new.
>>
>>30776217
>are nuclear primaries still being improved in design behind the scenes in burgerland?
>like what if some world war happens and it's revealed we had a shitload of multi gigaton bombs in the woodworks?
Definitely being improved, there's always going to be a few guys sitting there trying to shave a few grams of primer off the required charge or to squeeze a few more tnt tonnes out of a warhead.

But nothing major is going to go past a certain stage of development because testing is out. It's not like WWII where you could use a war as an excuse to test a few new bombs either, the war would be over in the first wave and everyone lost and your new designs haven't left the machine shop because it's not like they're going to sit around with fissionable material in an unproven bomb.
>>
Development of smaller nukes is still a thing. Suitcase, baseball and breast implant nukes are all continuing avenues of research.

I hope we get nuclear frags and RPGs one day.
>>
>>30776217
ha ha benis :-D
>>
>>30776217
>multi gigaton bombs

They want smaller ones desu ... bigger isn't that hard. Huge nukes were only useful to offset the low accuracy of long-range missiles
>>
>>30777406
>I hope we get nuclear frags and RPGs one day.
Development is currently 5 years behind our genetically modified insect research program.
>>
>>30776434
What's with this rash of people being completely wrong? Over the past week it's claimed lampreys chew on submarines, ACOGs don't use tritium and the word meme is just a synonym for Shit?
>>
>>30777489
It's summer. I'm only here because I'm cataclysmally bored. I'm not sure why people even bother with 4chan during the summer. You can see the improvement on the first day of school.
>>
>>30777475
and that program is still hopelessly behind the Japs and their tentacle monster research. Word is they're already in trials phase
>>
>>30777527
I'm at work waiting for shit to load and/or print. /k/ is good for laughs & up to the minute gun news.
>>
>>30776235
We have to kill the aliens.

Xray fucking shits.
>>
>>30776386
Whenever you want to remove 70% of the earth's oil you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>30777489
>lamprey's chew on submarines

thats not completely wrong, cookiecutter sharks caused some problems by chewing on submarines and they are kinda lamprey-ish
>>
>>30776235
What about maybe to launch them into space, would that be enough force for a comet or ayy lmao?
>>
>>30776217
No one needs atomic butt devices.
>>
>>30776386
I'd hit that button.

>>30777788
With the Derkaderkas out of the way and no gay little Christfag/Jew city to continue causing political strife, I see this as a good thing.

Its not as if we would just stop having transportation. Humans are best when they're being pushed to survive. Nuking the remainder of earths oil reserves could be the push to really get clean(er) energy into motion.

Plus its not like we'd be dropping bunker-busters on oil fields, we just won't have anyone to stop us from turning it into a big glass oil farm, and imagine the jobs it would create (real jobs with hazard pay and cheap fuel for the whole Western world)
>>
>>30777845
That's what the conversation was about. I said certain sharks chewed on subs back in the cold war before getting protective coverings, then some asshole says nope, it was lampreys.
>>
File: idliketoknowmore.jpg (113KB, 1312x880px) Image search: [Google]
idliketoknowmore.jpg
113KB, 1312x880px
>>30777536
I guess the joke was lost on you.
>>
What about miniaturization? If you can make the warhead smaller the more efficient the delivery system can be.
>>
How has no one made a reference to the snuke yet?
>>
>>30777406
>breast implant nukes

I'm so ready for this
>>
>>30778165

It's the hottest titfuck you'll ever recieve...

.... because at the end you turn into superheated anon-chunks
>>
>>30776453

>a list is evidence

he's a list of people who are faggots

>(you)
>>
>>30778202

Wew, thanks for explaining the joke, I might have missed the point otherwise. Very helpful.
>>
>>30778235

wew gg u got me kiddo well meeem'd
>>
>>30776217
I believe America honors the non-proliferation treaty that binds it and Russia/others. But it can repurpose the warheads into more effective ICBMs. BAE is making the next gen of ICBMs for the USAF right now, they'll be rolling out in like 15 years.
>>
>>30776217

At first Itime looked like a uncut dick.
>>
File: kringeeeeee.jpg (234KB, 900x1327px) Image search: [Google]
kringeeeeee.jpg
234KB, 900x1327px
>>30777167
>I said
>but I meant

Sounds like you're the idiot that needs to sit down and stfu. You're clearly out of your realm of expertise, assuming you even have one.
>>
>>30780197
>HUUUUURRRRR
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.