[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How effective would Green Berets be at training the general American

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Airborne.png (404KB, 2000x3034px) Image search: [Google]
Airborne.png
404KB, 2000x3034px
How effective would Green Berets be at training the general American populace if a foreign power managed to invade?
>>
>>30775492
Probably a thousand times better than training some half dead goat herders in the mountains.
>>
>>30775492
Very. No language barrier and many already know how to shoot decently.
>>
The biggest problem would be that 70 percent of Americans are overweight or obese. I would put good money on less than ten percent of Americans being able to run one mile without stopping.

>>30775707
You can teach someone to shoot all you like, but if they're too fat to walk up stairs they aren't going to be doing anything useful.
>>
>>30775492
There are way better training options in the US. Remember top tier spec ops get training from civillians.
>>
>>30775733
So we'd just have a 35 million man army?
I'd think it'll be enough
>>
>>30775753
In an insurrection situation, a good part of the trained military will side with the people. If the generals defect the men will follow. Look at rhe number of confederate officers that were trained at West Point.
>>
>>30775753
>counting people over 40 and under 18
>counting all the mexicans, blacks, leftists and other people that couldn't give a shit
>implying the green berets wouldn't just go do their own thing if this happened
>>
>>30775492
It would be useless. Most Americans already think they are operators.lol.
>>
are GBs the most overrated SOF type?

>glorified cadre instructors who never do anything

Even seals are more hardcore, let alone rangers.
>>
>>30776440

>even seals

because seals are giant pussies?

>let alone rangers

because rangers aren't glorified regular infantry?
>>
>>30775509
Lol!!!

>>30776713
Why would special forces need to train anyway? Why not regular military personnel?
>>
>>30776713
>glorified

Son rangers are the unit with the most experience in direct action in the last 10 years in the entire world. And this comes from a slav.
>>
>>30775733
I'm overweight but I can run over a mile without stopping, do 50 pushups, situps for days, and 5 pull ups. I'm just overwieght, I have a 22 bmi. It doesn't mean I'm physically shit.
>>
File: 1A-New-e1404238410833.jpg (85KB, 1181x509px) Image search: [Google]
1A-New-e1404238410833.jpg
85KB, 1181x509px
>>30776440
>Never do anything
Lel. Meanwhile, the majority of people who end up in Delta come from a SF background. But keep memeing.
>>
File: image.jpg (245KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245KB, 640x360px
>>30775765
Hey dipshit, pic related are the officers currently training at and graduating from West Point.
>>
>>30775733
Thats a load of shit if I've ever heard it.

Fat people are common but not that common what kind of shutin are you have you ever been around people?

MOST people (men) 18-30ish could run a mile no problem within 10min. Ive seen 200lb landwhales run 5k's before. Not fast but it is done.
>>
>>30777128
they will have their careers black listed
>>
>>30777148
You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/10/us/west-point-cadets-photo/

t. former ranger
>>
>>30777052
>they never do anything, which is true
>B-BUT THEY WILL DO SOMETHING IN THE FUTURE!!!!111111

Nigger 1 out of 1000 passes the Delta selection. And even if they all did, its still a thing to fucking come. That's like saying your average civilian is operator because he can opt out to go SF route.
>>
>>30776440
Dad was an SF guy. You are retarded.

> insane physical condition
> REQUIRED language training, most know Arabic/whatever country they're operating in's language
> most are 25+, many have college experience or degrees
> airborne qualified, scuba qualified if they feel like it
> some are former rangers/prior service
> capable of training indigenous forces autonomously for years undetected
> capable of HVT direct action
> intense, prolonged training in their MOS (engineering, medical, explosives, comms)
> conventional warfare? No problem, we'll just go innawoods 80 miles behind enemy lines and sabotage shit
> SERE school
> high washout rate that removes anyone who isn't 110% fucking serious
> even if you are serious, you will be dropped for not being a good team player

Dad was in 5th group, retired in 2004.
He knew Tony Pryor, who was also in 5th group.
https://youtu.be/HUmpl4JnDdA

I have some stories aswell. They are not overrated.
>>
>>30777274
I have never disputed them being qualified as fuck. They just do fuck all.

It's basically a Delta pre-school.
>>
File: the quiet professional.jpg (49KB, 432x459px) Image search: [Google]
the quiet professional.jpg
49KB, 432x459px
>>30777352
> They just do fuck all.
> It's basically a Delta pre-school.
>>
being controleld by onigga and clinton means you aren't protecting america, don't join the military thinking its a noble cause, their is no honor in defending a regime controlled by democrats
>>
>>30777262
>Nigger 1 out of 1000 passes the Delta selection
retard alert. I think you mean 1 in 10. Think about it before you reply like an idiot.
>>30777352
Serious cringe, you just dont hear about it cause they keep there mouth shut and dont brag and write books like the seal boys every couple weeks.
>>30777274
>>30777408
These niggas get it
>>
>>30775733
Citation for the 70 percent please.
Also most of our over weight people are Mexicans (Mexico being number one fattest country).
>>
Bunch of fudds arguing with the Green Berets about how you dont need more than 2 rounds of .30-06 to bring down anything, a .45 can cripple a tank, and a bunch of mall ninjas with their budget ARs with UTG optics talking about where on the MOLLE to strap on their throwing knives
>>
>>30775492

Very well and the 7th Special Forces group is specifically tasked with the North American area of operation.
>>
>>30775733
>70 percent of Americans are overweight or obese
kinda high don't ya think? it would be a handicap, but one that could be overcome...ya don't need to run a mile to kill a motherfucker.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.