[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, lets say that one, hypothetically, happens to live in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1466350130906.jpg (61KB, 630x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466350130906.jpg
61KB, 630x960px
Hey /k/, lets say that one, hypothetically, happens to live in commiefornia. And hypothetically, one wishes to acquire a medical marijuana reccomendation. What are the chances that the reccomendation would be connected to the background check done when purchasing a gun? Assuming one hypothetically indicated on their form 4473 otherwise.
>>
File: eric-holder-ag.jpg (487KB, 3891x2589px) Image search: [Google]
eric-holder-ag.jpg
487KB, 3891x2589px
>>30773988
hmmmm nothing should happen anon
>>
>>30773988
No idea. My best honest guess is that the fascist fucking bastards would love to but they don't have the money or resources to create their own all-seeing all-connected seamless panopticon of a database yet. Sauce: I worked tech pubs in IT organizations for 15+ years and I have seen what a clusterfuck it is when you try and integrate data and databases even within the same division of the same company. Holy fucking fantastic shitballs.
>>
>>30773988
I know you technically can't get a CCW in California if you already have a 215 card, and that may extend to buying guns as well but I'm not 100% sure.
>>
>>30773988
Sorry senpai, can't legally combine guns and weed.

Same deal with federal jobs like the Big Guys, even if it's legal at the state level, it can disqualify you for Federal employment
>>
FFLfag here.
Here in the great dirt state of enchantment, I've had customers that have had all forms of their medical marihuana cards.

I.E. Personal, Personal production license, caretaker's license, and commercial production licenses.

I too have had a license (4 years ago when I was 18)

I, nor them, have ever been denied a transfer.
>>
>>30773988
You can't buy a gun if you have a pot card, per ATF regulation. It's still federally illegal.
>>
>>30774100
P.S. I no longer have a license, I no longe smok'a'da herb.
>>
>>30774100
p.s.s. That particular customer also had a state-legal CCW permit.
>>
>>30774111
But Califailia has its own special snowflake background check system and registry. The sole redeeming feature of which is, from OP's point of view, unless he commits a FEDERAL FELONY, the Feds are out of the loop and do not know. It's not like he's going to be in legal jeopardy if he tries. He'll merely be denied.
>>
File: 20140808_181430.jpg (3MB, 5259x2959px) Image search: [Google]
20140808_181430.jpg
3MB, 5259x2959px
>>30773988
>What are the chances that the reccomendation would be connected to the background check done when purchasing a gun?

Abso-fuckin-lutely none.
>source: pic related

The 4473 also says, "unlawful user." Take that as you will.
>>
>>30774085
source that shit, bitch. I've toked with my manager n he has his CCW. I've even referred him to dispensaries.
>>
>>30774054
A couple years back I worked for my state's open data agency.

It's a real clusterfuck out there when it comes to government and data. Maybe they can set up a database to hold one type of data, but no way they'd ever be able to join two systems. If they did do that it'd be a huge fucking thing and a lot of people would know about it. It'd be big enough that it'd have to come down from really high level people and it'd mostly likely come as a result of legislation forcing implementation because nobody wants to start a project like that unprompted. Then even if you did join the systems you have to then implement check in the existing system which requires training and documentation and automation.

No way a project like this is in-house either, there'd be a RFP and public meetings (not sure about CA law but in my state there'd be a Board of Public Works meeting) and contractors and this wouldn't be a secret.
>>
>>30773988
I need some of those safety cards printed up.
>>
>>30774085
Yea Imma need source for that. How would they know?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.