[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the kind of snap caps do you all use for dry-fire/failure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: snap-caps[1].jpg (16KB, 365x240px) Image search: [Google]
snap-caps[1].jpg
16KB, 365x240px
What the kind of snap caps do you all use for dry-fire/failure drills?

>A-zoom caps: leave red flakes everywhere
>Tiptop: leave white flakes everywhere (and I expect these will melt in place if I'm doing failure drills)
>KP tactical: looks too much like live ammo; get gouged on mag feeder lips and get nicked and deformed when ejected.
Ultimate arms: no quality control, inconsistent sizes
B-Unique: even worse
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (18KB, 400x383px) Image search: [Google]
s-l400.jpg
18KB, 400x383px
/bread
>>
File: IMG_0765.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0765.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
>>30773411
I use brass reloads, no powder, hot glue in the primer cavity so there's something for the firing pin to hit. I tarnish them halfway with ammonia so I can always identify them. Cheap as shit, work fine for dry fire and flinch tests.
>>
>>30773411
tipton

And why the fuck are you using snapcaps for dry fire? Are you fucking gay?
>>
>>30773461
Thank you but these seem to be just dummy rounds with no firing pin cushioning. They won't help pistols with breech block roll pins.
>>
>>30773462
I like this idea especially the half tarnish.
Nicely done.
>>
>>30773462

Neat.
It seems the glue would get dented after the first hit though? Does the brass hold up alright on feed lips and so on?
>>
>>30773462
Did something similar
Don't have a picture but I get a piece of brass, remove the prime shave a chunk of rubber off a tire in the back yard, form it to fit in the pocket, get a bullet and paint it black and seat it
Why would anyone wastell money in snap caps
>>
>>30773553
Its just reloaded brass, so it holds up as well as regular brass. Only difference is no powder and an inert primer.
A friend of mine drilled holes in his so he could identify them, I like the half tarnish.
He did the reloads for me, I do'nt reload. crimped the bullets in nice and tight.
Hot glue is plastic, so its resilient. Holds up OK, but they're centerfire so you can dry fire all you want.
>>
>>30773526
I don't want to fall prey to fuddlor, but in that case of a USPc, there are many results complaining for a google search of 'dry fire and "roll pins"' which suggest that the design is vulnerable. Further results call it a "known issue"
>>
>>30773411
I don't buy guns that need snap caps to dry fire.
>>
>>30773598
>>30773588
I use them when I dry fire, but the main reason I have them is for flinch drills. I mix them in with regular rounds when I take my kids shooting.
>>
>>30773621
I don't have kids and I've been shooting long enough to clear malfunctions without snap cap autism.
>>
>>30773642
Then why are you here?
This is like going shopping and looking at clothes that don't fit.
>>
>>30773642
>>30773768
He isn't OP
>>
>>30773784
ya, but why come into a thread about what kind of snap cap to use to say 'I don't use snap caps'.
>>
>>30773411
Yellow wall anchors for .22lr

Spent cases for centerfire
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.