[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to break into this hobby when I'm surrounded by "nogunz"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 6965.jpg (21KB, 825x159px) Image search: [Google]
6965.jpg
21KB, 825x159px
How do I convince my "nogunz" brother to let me buy a gun. We're in a band together and live together, and he's really freaking out about the idea that I want to buy one. I put nogunz in quotes because ironically he sort of got me into it when he decided to take some pistol classes at a range, I decided to just go there and rent some handguns and start shootin. As of yet I've been shooting quite a few times and have probably fired around 1500 rounds collectively, I've never had any problems with the range people because I follow the 4 basic rules of firearm safety and have them memorized. Yet he has this idea that you need at least 2 years of experience to own a gun, which is retarded because it's really hard to get that experience if you don't own a gun. The main reason I want one is just so I can shoot more often, because I genuinely enjoy it. Not because I think it will make me feel like a badass or because I think I need it for defense. Pic related is what I'm getting. Partially to avoid scaring the shit out of my family and friends (aka It's not an AR15) but partially because I like bolt action rifles and don't like blowing through hundreds of dollars in ammo too quickly.

The other issue is that we are moving to Philly soon. I kind of want to buy one now since I have lots of money, but convincing them to let me travel with it (which mind you is 100% legal as long as you keep it unloaded from pretty much everywhere I've read) is an uphill battle, but I'm afraid if I wait I'll have to deal with the bullshit of having an out of state liscence, which I've heard from some people here can downright cause gun shops to refuse to sell to you. is this true? should I just wait and open up the conversation again after we move? or should I try to convince them now? How do you deal with this type of shit? People scared of pic related, I mean for fucks sake....
>>
>>30772000
Easy. Tell him to stop being a pussy and go buy one. Don't be afraid to tell your brother when he is being a little bitch.
>>
>>30772000
Don't hang out with faggots
Including blood faggots
>>
>>30772000
if you act like a responsible gun owner, he'll never know you have a compact pistol. don't buy something large. you should stay away from rifles, shotgun, and smgs until you have your own place.
>>
Fuck em. Go buy one and shoot it if you live o. Your own.

If you're with your parents respect their wishes you little shit
>>
>>30772000
You're your own man, if your brother says otherwise shoot him.
>>
>>30772000
are you an adult? if so, do whatever the fuck you want and quit being a faggot.
>>
File: mad.jpg (35KB, 450x319px) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
35KB, 450x319px
>Pic related is what I'm getting. Partially to avoid scaring the shit out of my family and friends

I hate that the media has accomplished this agenda so well.

Anon, this is your chance to change their minds on this, all the way to a scary black rifle. Do it for your stars and stripes bro.
>>
File: 1328842930566.jpg (59KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1328842930566.jpg
59KB, 512x512px
I live in fucking Massachusetts and am still into guns despite the fucking state being dickwad commie central.

You can fucking do what you want. Your brother sounds like a bitch. Why do you need his permission again?
>>
>>30772088
yeah but if I have to do it on the DL that will take all the fun out of it, which is the MAIN reason I'm getting one (don't get me wrong the increasing chance of wide spread civil unrest in the US is another reason I want to learn how to shoot)

>>30772107
We rent a house together and his reasoning is that the prescence of a gun is a decision that affects "everyone"

>>30772084
Well I am technically still liberal I guess (I'm getting increasingly tired of their bullshit) so I'm surrounded by them. Also I'm too broke to afford a place on my own right now. However eventually I'm going to find a job out in the middle of nowhere where rent is cheap and I can do whatever I want.
>>
>>30772152
I will eventually. but right now I just want a bolt action.
>>
>>30772252
you will be hiding your handgun in public, might as well hide it from your brother too. the only time you will use it is at a range anyway.
>>
I guess it depends on how anti your brother is. If you just buy one will he just pout for a few days and then accept it or get hysterical and try to kick you out? The best way to change someone's mind on guns is generally exposure to them, but it's hard to know how you can convince them to accept your purchase without knowing them.

Having an out of state license just means that you can't do private sales and have to go through and FFL for everything. This may cause some people looking to do a private sale not wanting to sell to you, but I doubt any gun store is going to care. Maybe if the gun store thought you were trying to buy a gun just to transport it back to your home state where you couldn't get it there might be an issue, but I doubt any would fuss over a bolt action.
>>
>>30772351
He'll flip the fuck out and probably refuse to have it in his car. It's his car we are driving to Philly in. I guess I could mail it to my dad on the east coast (ironically my parents are starting to come around a bit, especially after I took my mom shooting and we had a great time) if worst came to worse. Like I said, I'm somewhat dependent on people who act like massive faggots since I don't have a car. But yeah I guess I can either buy it or wait. I live in Seattle, I can definitley get a bolt action rifle here If I want to. I just have to buy it outside of city limits, and there are gunshops that are an hour busride away.
>>
>>30772421
Unfortunately mailing firearms isn't simple. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe if you ship a gun across state lines for any reason, it has to be done through FFLs.
>>
>>30772493
damn. Guess I have to put up with his faggotry.

I'm going to have a talk with him tommorow. I'll tell him to stop being a little bitch, that he's talking out of his ass and has no idea what he's talking about, and then offer to take him shooting to show him that I understand how to handle a firearm most likely a lot more proficiently than he does. Most likely he still won't let me take a rifle in his car though, even if it's unloaded which is fucking lame, but I guess it's the downside of not being fully independent.
>>
>>30772029
This
Telling your brother he is i little bitch and you will bitch slap him if he dont grow a pair of balls is one of the most basic attitudes you need to be a good brother and not a pussy yourself
>>
>>30772000
That's a handsome little rifle. What is it?
>>
>>30772750
Ruger American in 5.56. If I had more money I'd get an American Gunsight or something with iron sights (I really like the idea of a 'scout rifle') But right now I'm thinking of buying this one and mounting a red dot sight on it, which will look kind of stupid and people will accuse me of being a COD kiddie but for what I need it for, which is all purpose recreational shooting, it will be great.
>>
>>30772000
Fuck him. After you blow your load deep into his ass, whisper him 'you could have stopped be if you had a gun'
>>
>>30772493
Mailing guns is hella easy, just break it down into the individual parts, so it doesn't look like a gun, and if anyone asks it's airsoft parts. Also, go through the usps, they have a list of prohibited items, which is mostly explosives, and as long as you say no when they ask if your mailing any prohibited items, you're good.
>>
>>30772493
You can only legally main a firearm to yourself (or gun manufacturers for things like warranty and repairs) across state lines. So let's say I live in Texas I can mail my gun to my dad in Montana for a hunting trip if the package is addressed from me to me and no one else opens it. This is legal because no one else takes possession of the firearm other than the owner. The issue isn't mailing firearms (most states have no laws against mailing guns from person to person if you both are in the same state because it's just a private transfer) the issue is with transferring possession across state lines which is illegal if you mail, give (even in person), sell or other means of transferring across states.
>>
>>30774423
Ok so that gives me a back up plan. I'll talk with this dude tomorrow. Tell him to stop being a little bitch, tell him that I really want a rifle and I enjoy shooting and am very safe. He's gonna spout some bullshit about how me having a firearm puts everyone in the house in danger or some bullshit like that.
>>
God, you people are so unbelievably cucked it makes me sick. What the fuck.
>>
>>30772000

Are you an adult of a legal age to purchase the kind of weapon you want? Do you pay your end of the rent? If you can answer yes to both of these questions you don't need his permission. Do what you want and tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>30774495
Again I am dependent on him to move my stuff to the other end of the country, and his argument is going to be that me having a gun makes him feel uncomfortable and potentially puts his life in danger.
>>
>>30774455
If he starts spewing bullshit stats like
>HABING A FOREARM IN DA HOUS INCREASE CHNCES OF GETTIN SHOT BY LIEK A BILLION PERCNT
stay calm, dont react emotionally to his emotional reaction, and tell him you're a grown man. Remember almost all anti-gun sentiment is emotional and not logical.
>>
Untuck your dick op and be your own man.

Do you pay rent? Then who gives a shit what he thinks.

Get a lock box and screw that thing to a dresser draw. Cause your bro sounds like a bitch. Hell probably do something stupid if he gets his hands on your gun.
>>
>>30772000
Why do you live with your brother you fucking loser?

>g-guys how do i do a thing against the explicit wishes of people im living with
How about you don't, you rude shitter? Go to ranges and rent until you get a real job, you beta bitch baby.
>>
>>30774590
Tell him that being a faggot significantly increases the chances of dying from AIDS.
>>
>>30774590
How about you respect his wishes instead of being such a cuck baby that you need to "CC" a full-length rifle to protect you from Obama?
>>
File: 85435 85434 85433 85446.jpg (679KB, 1000x226px) Image search: [Google]
85435 85434 85433 85446.jpg
679KB, 1000x226px
Dicks Sporting Goods has some good deals on Bolt Action Rifles/ Shotguns at the moment.

> Ruger American
> Remington 700 ADL Long Range
> Savage Axis
> Etc

Torn between the Ruger American and the Savage Axis... help me /k you are my only hope. (also what caliber)

pic related, Remington 700 ADL
>>
http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/169719/916m/hi-point-c9-9mm-with-hundred-dollar-bill-finish

Buy this
>>
File: 0204c--11.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (368KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
0204c--11.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
368KB, 900x506px
>>30772000
My advice? Buy a pistol (Glawk, CZ, Walther, HK, whatever) and then buy either a 10/22 takedown, Keltec Sub2000 or a Kel-Tec SU-16. Those are all small enough to stuff into a duffel with your brother none the wiser.

Seriously though "Affects everyone in the house" is complete horseshit. He can only refuse to have it in his car if he knows it's there, and if he is searching your luggage.. you need to GTFO before you can own any guns.

>>30772493
I believe you can mail firearms to yourself- as long as it's addressed to yourself you can mail it; so it would be
111 Faggot lane
To: OP
Care of: OP's Faggot-ass Brother

Field strip the gun, label as "machined parts" (I mean.. they are..) and move on. Research all that before doing so though.

Since you're the recipient (and opening other's mail is a felony doncha know) the gun never changed hands, legally speaking. Just make sure that shit's insured before mailing it off.

Shit, why don't I just research it.
Boom.
"6. May I lawfully ship a firearm to myself in a different State?
Any person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in the care of another person in the State where
he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to
the owner “in the care of” the out-of-State resident. Upon reaching its destination, persons other than
the owner must not open the package or take possession of the firearm."
Saucey sauce; https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/0501-firearms-top-10-qaspdf/download

>>30774648
Mailing it between FFL's wouldn't be the end of the world, but I doubt he would even know it's in the car to begin with. If you want to be "respectful" of his paranoia, don't have any ammunition in the car with you during the trip. If he does find out, tell him it's not physically possible for him to be in danger. If he still pitches a damn fit, have him pull over, get out, and ship it the rest of the way via UPS or USPS.
>>
>>30774590
It's a fucking gun not a rabid grizzly bear. It won't jump up and kill anyone on its own. Holy shit your brother is a pussy numale faggot.
>>
File: 1410435602104.jpg (846KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1410435602104.jpg
846KB, 1632x1224px
>>30774700
Why doesn't OP respect his decision?
https://youtu.be/mOEr7kiysrE?t=3s

While listening to Obama speak does carry risk of brain death, I think BLM is more of a threat in urban areas.
>>
Not op, what does /k/ think of the remy 770. The wally mart by me has one on sale for $250. Is it worth it?
>>
>>30772291
You sound like a fucking pussy.

Fuck your gay brother, and tell him to man up.

Buy an AR. I love bolt actions too, but for the sake of the ease of use, and the fact you are a nogunz, you might get more out of the semi-auto.

Bolt actions take time to appreciate if you ask me, easy for a new shooter to get bored with. At least with an AR platform you can literally cover any base you want (plinking, medium-long range shooting, hunting, 3 gun, etc.) and have an extremely competent set up if you just do your research and buy smart.

Not sure what type of guy you are when it comes to tinkering, but I'd suggest building your own with parts kits. It's cheaper, you always find deals, and you get the rifle you wanted.

Just my two cents
>>
>>30772000
Step 1: Buy a gun anyway
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit! (or at least have fun shooting it)
>>
Do this. Tell him you're getting a ruger 10/22 tell him it couldn't kill a person but it can kill squirrels (bullshit but it is a low power round)
See if he gives to that
>>
Buy an AR. Fuck your brother. He is a goddamn faggot. You are a pussy, and sicken me to my core.
>>
get new people
>>
>>30772000
Tell him you can do what the fuck you want, buy one and lock it up so he can't get it.You both sound like high schooler's though.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.