[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm afraid to try and go buy a gun. I have no felonies,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I'm afraid to try and go buy a gun. I have no felonies, just a misdemeanor, but 7 years ago I was admitted to a phychiatric hospital for a few days against my will. Will that bar me from the check? In VA if it matters, halp, pic unrelated my house.
>>
>>30766255
>I'm afraid to try and go buy a gun
See! Gun control works!
>>
>>30766255
>against my will
Yes
>>
>>30766255
You very likely won't be able to pass the background check. However, you could always go to a gun show and get one there
>>
>>30766255
>I'm afraid to try and go buy a gun
Nigga, they're not gonna put you in jail for trying to legal buy a gun, worst thing that's gonna happen is the salesman will say "sorry, can't sell you this gun" after the background check and that's it.
>>
File: 1469388784459.gif (496KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1469388784459.gif
496KB, 500x281px
>>30766255
You have a pretty house, just go to a gunshow bruh.
No harm no foul.
>>
>>30766328
This

>>30766255
If it was against your will you probably got TDO'd which means you won't be able to buy firearms op

Not legally anyway.
>>
File: 13241234312431.jpg (1MB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
13241234312431.jpg
1MB, 1500x2000px
>>30766331
Hard to appreciate it when it's on it's side but holy shit, this is a super comfy house.
>>
Got bullied too hard in middle school and got sent to alternative for half a year for a terroristic threat. Am I fucked?
>>
>>30766373
Yes anon, you're never getting a gun from an official dealer
>>
>>30766370
Fuck anon. How much did the house cost you?
>>
>>30766373
failed background checks don't "count against you" like failed credit checks do. If anything, they give you an idea of where you stand and if you need to take any future action or if the problems were all in your head.
>>
>>30766387
I live in Texas and this was when I was 13. Surely I can't be barred from owning a gun.
>>
>>30766391
Looks like a relatives, but still.
Probably one of the most /k/ or /out/ houses I've ever seen.
>>
>>30766406
Nigga, shit like that stays with you forever, I mean you can go ahead and try, maybe I'm wrong, but don't be surprised when the dealer says he can't sell to you.
>>
>>30766406
I live in Texas. HPD pulled up my files once and it listed me as having been part of a local violent asian gang in High School.

I still buy guns from Academy with no problems.
>>
>>30766255
Also in VA I'm fairly certain my neighbor isn't supposed to have guns and he has an AR 15 and a pistol of some kind.

He has explosive anger disorder and is a high functioning autist.

Just don't brag about it online avoid taking pictures with it, make sure you always use gloves when handling it and use it only where you know it's a safe space.
>>
>>30766370
I don't know man... I can picture a bear going straight through those windows for you.
>>
>>30766370
nice diggs
>>
>>30766304
Liberal detected
>>
>>30766438
Guess I could be good. I remember the campus cop there and she investigated into it and never put nothing in according to my principle when they let me out.

Funny part of that while situation is they finally recognized me as one of the smart kids and threw me into advance classes after I taught myself algebra and proved I knew it.
>>
>>30766455
Bear's usually only attack if starving or protecting their cubs, I can't really see any situation where a bear would try to smash it's way straight through glass (and it's probably that sandwiched glass with the polymer or whatever shit in the middle, I don't think anyone uses single sheet glass anymore)
>>
OP, I believe the statute is that 5 years need to have passes since any incident. If you were a minor, there's even less to worry about. Go buy a gun.
>>
>>30766373
Terroristic threats are a misdemeanor if you were ever charged at all. Especially as a minor. At least in my state
>>
>>30766387
Even if he got charged it's not a felony (Unless it caused evacuation of somewhere) and it's not domestic violence. He should be fine on a 4473 since he's not a felon
>>
>>30766373
same thing happened to me. I am even autistic. I have bought several guns from dealers. you should be fine
>>
>>30766255

>against your will

sorry op but that is an immediate NO GO for a 4473. HOWEVER I do believe you can get your rights restored by being re-evaluated by a psych esp if this was a long time ago and you were a minor.

in the meantime: black powder.
>>
OP here, I built it for 90k, 2 bedrooms, very nice
>>
>>30766255
It only matters if it was a court ordered admittance.
>>
>>30766282
>>30766255
Probably, you can always go and fill out the forms for a status check. What was the reason you were admitted? And was it by court order?
>>
and also op here, that's our vacation house, me and a few buddies built it in 3 weeks. our main home is much nicer. And we own a lot of firearms, and by that I mean my wife. she owns about 15 I've researched for her. She shoots daily, and I watch, atf.
>>
File: 20160726_163647.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160726_163647.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
here's a pic of our upstairs bedroom
>>
it wasn't by court order. I was found unresponsive after taking 800mg of oxycodine 2 hours after I took em, and woke up in the retard hospital. had to resuscitate me 3 times, and deemed it suicide attempt
>>
what constitutes court ordered? I never went to court and it doesn't show on my police record
>>
>>30767027
>>30767064
If you didn't go before a court, you should check by filling out an NCIC form at your LGS if you've really been pining for a weapon.
>>
>>30766255
Exactly what happened? If it's just a case of the cops throwing you in there for an evaluation, then you are probably still legal to buy a gun. You would have to have been committed by a court order to be ineligible to buy a gun.
>>
>>30766370
Goddam deer hunter in this motherfucker
>>
Answer some questions for me, OP.

1. Did you go before a judge?
>>
>>30766331
Sauce on cute girl doing cute thing
>>
>>30766255
See if you can get a psych doc to reevaluate you, send it to the state, and have your rights restored.

Though, also depending on the state, if you go so many years without being readmitted, it's autogranted, I think. Had a sister that tried to commit suicide, was admitted by psych treatment involuntarily, and was allowed to get guns ~5 years afterwards. Forgot if it involved getting a reevaluation, however.
>>
>>30766255
>>30771918
Also, really nice home and really nice looking property from what I can see from your windows
>>
>>30766255

> Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that you are a danger to yourself or to others or are incompetent to manage your own affairs) OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution? (See Instructions for Question 11.f.)

>EXCEPTION to 11. f. NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007: A person who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution is not prohibited if: (1) the person was adjudicated or committed by a department or agency of the Federal Government, such as the United States Department of Veteran’s Affairs (“VA”) (as opposed to a State court, State board, or other lawful State authority); and (2) either: (a) the person’s adjudication or commitment for mental incompetency was set-aside or expunged by the adjudicating/committing agency; (b) the person has been fully released or discharged from all mandatory treatment, supervision, or monitoring by the agency; or (c) the person was found by the agency to no longer suffer from the mental health condition that served as the basis of the initial adjudication. Persons who fit this exception should answer “no” to Item 11.f. This exception does not apply to any person who was adjudicated to be not guilty by reason of insanity, or based on lack of mental responsibility, or found incompe- tent to stand trial, in any criminal case or under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

TL;DR RTFM
>>
>>30773149
>(b) the person has been fully released or discharged from all mandatory treatment, supervision, or monitoring by the agency;
>>
>>30773149
>Persons who fit this exception should answer “no” to Item 11.f
>>
>>30766370
>Hard to appreciate it when it's on it's side but holy shit, this is a super comfy house.
It does have an upgraded-log-cabin kind of feel to it.

yfw those trees conceal a fence and it's a block from a highway in downtown wherever.

Those slope outside would make mowing a bitch. I'd probably just keep a sheep or something.
>>
>>30766470
how the fuck is that liberal? god damn half/k/ is retarded as shit
>>
>>30766373
Uh... what are you planning to do with your gun when you buy it?
>>
File: 300.nielsen.cm.112810.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300.nielsen.cm.112810.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>30766406
I don't know, but don't call me Shirley.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.