[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*Sniff* Why don't you like me, /k/-senpai??? Is it because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: Ruger_9E.jpg (791KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger_9E.jpg
791KB, 1280x1280px
*Sniff* Why don't you like me, /k/-senpai??? Is it because of my family? I swear I'm not like them ;~;
>>
Because you're fucking ugly
>>
>>30762970
I think you're beautiful.

Look at my ting ting.
>>
>>30762970
I test fired you.
You felt like shit to shoot.
>>
>>30763008
Actually, never mind that was the American.
>>
>>30762970
>striker fired
>manual safety
>>
>>30763018
fns and m&p have one too. it's removable
>>
>>30763016
>ruger American was shit to shoot
Amen brother it weighs less than a Cz, but still feels heavier
>>
>>30762990
Black & tan is sexy
>>
>>30762970
Not sure why these were never popular they are actually really good.
>>
I like the hammer on my P95DC, sorry
>>
>>30763482
They're big volume sellers but that doesn't mean people savy with firearms like them.
>>
>>30763482
>Not sure why these were never popular they are actually really good.
If they had a better thumb safety(think M&P) and ditched that retarded LCI on the standard models I'd be interested. I will say they're some of the nicest looking plastic striker pistols out there, which is funny considering what people always say about Ruger - and particularly their handguns.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1533x1117px)
image.jpg
2MB, 1533x1117px
My SR9 is okay.

LCI is annoying, and I'm just not that good with pistols so I don't really enjoy shooting it.
>>
>>30762970
It's a comfy gun, good shooter.

The LCI is whatever to me, the safety is annoying as fuck and pinches my hand unless I'm careful when doing an overhand slide rack.

Also the plate thing you have to remove to do a field strip is retarded AF.

If they modified the SR9 a little, fixing these complaints and putting a real pic rail instead of starting from scratch with the American they'd have a fantastic weapon. Why they didn't do that I don't know...
>>
>>30765229
>retarded LCI on the standard models
The 9e is basically the same gun, but without the LCI.
>>
I'd love the shit out of the 9E if they got rid of the manual safety and magazine disconnect. Sadly, instead of that, Ruger gave us the pile of shit that is the "American". Hands down their dumbest move since Bill was still alive.

>>30763219
It's an option on the M&P and FNS, and most are sold without them. ALL SR pistols have a manual safety which cannot be removed.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>30762970
I'm already dating you older sister
>>
>>30765656
>manual safety
It's kind of out of the way, easy to ignore.
>magazine disconnect
takes about 5 seconds to remove.
>>
>>30765679
>having a switch on your gun that disables it and not using it

If you have a manual safety, you should use it, or else you may not notice when it accidentally engages. I've had it happen in various guns, other people have too, it can happen to you too.
>>
I have only handled an SR9 and never fired one, but the safety on these thungs are just terrible. I like striker fired huns with manual safeties, but atleast do it right like the M&P's.

I also dont get why Ruger even bothered with the American when they already have a striker fired gun available.
>>
File: 1468149607741.png (330KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468149607741.png
330KB, 640x480px
>>30762970
>manual safety
>glock retard trigger safety
>lousy striker fire trigger
>ruger
>>
>>30765758
I really wondered that when they released it as well. I mean they both essentially fill the same niche, yet they're continuing to produce the SR
>>
>>30765656
Just pop out the magazine disconnect.

1.field strip
2.pull striker out of channel (keep your thumb on it so it doesn't shoot out)
3.pop out the disconmect now there is no striker pressure

That's all brotha.

>>30765612
>>30763239
>>30763016
Why was the American even made senpai? It's -
Heavier by 4-5 ounces
Doesn't come in .40
Thicker
Less ergonomic (sure has backstraps but the top of the grip by the weird angular beaver tail bites your hand every shot)
More expensive
Still only holds ten rounds in the .45
Uses the same magazines but with a different notch so they are not interchangeable.

All in all it seems like a slap in the face to all the sr9/9e people because there will be no more developments with that platform. No long slide/match variant, a variant with no manual safety, shrinking sights and parts market, and no high cap mags.
>>
>>30765779
Sr series triggers are nicer than most striker fired guns, and the blade trigger was added after the first gen to make it more drop safe

>t. Ruger apologist
>>
File: obj34geo32pg1p5.jpg (19KB, 352x265px) Image search: [Google]
obj34geo32pg1p5.jpg
19KB, 352x265px
>>30765828
The disconnect is easy to remove, no problems there. You're stuck with the manual safety. Best I've seen someone do is fabricate a larger, actually usable safety.
>>
>>30765844
Don't reply to people who bitch about the "glock retard trigger safety". These are the people who think it's intended to protect against unintended trigger pulls or something. They don't realize it's a drop safety.
>>
>>30765828
Ruger has confused me so much with this move
The American is in the same category as the SR-series, and does not seem to improve on it in any really tangible way (aside from making a much uglier gun, if you'd call that improvement)
So what are they hoping to achieve with it?
>>
>>30765853
>and does not seem to improve on it in any really tangible way

>larger
>heavier
>thicker
>worse trigger
>worse ergonomics
>more recoil
>more expensive

Come on bro, what ISN'T improved?
>>
I like the 9e, especially on sale. I have seen them for 300 bucks. But there's a lot of competition.
>>
>>30765845
That's what I mean man. There's no parts options by ruger for extended length safety or no safety or anything, they released the 9e and then abandoned the platform four month later.

>>30765887
Kek

>>30765916
I got mine for $310 at rural king with three mags, I love these sales mang.
>>
>>30765916
What competition is there in the $300 striker-fired pistol market?
>>
>>30766116
I think the S&W Sigmas and Caniks and such are around that
>>
>>30766197
Sigmas are no longer made, they were replaced with the SD series. They aren't bad, but aren't as nice as the 9E.

I forgot about the kebabshit though. The TP9SF is good for the money if you don't mind throwing money at Turkey.
>>
>>30766267
I meant the SD series yeah, I was under the impression they were based closely on the old Sigma, with the name change being one of the only significant differences
>>
>>30766292
They're more "M&P lite" than new Sigma. The trigger is a hell of a lot better than that 12# monstrosity the Sigma had.
>>
>>30765817
My only thought us they want tge SR9 to become the budget modrk like tge SD9 VE.

I think that fails though becuase the M&P is an improvement to the SDV 9VE. The Ruger American isnt an improvement
>>
>>30762970
>semi Ruger chambered in anything other than .22
>not shit

This is bait.
>>
>>30766533
This is bait. Ruger LC9 has a good reputation.

Try harder
>>
>>30767233
>LC9
>good reputation

Eehhhhhhhh it had a reputation for being cheap and reliable. I think everyone's glad they replaced it with the LC9S and LC9S Pro.
>>
>>30768191
The trigger, mag disconnect and manual safety were the main complaints of the gun

The LC9s Pro fixes all of that, and is a damn good carry gun
>>
>>30768238
I agree. He said LC9 though. The LC9 was not particularly well-liked, which is why it was promptly replaced.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.