[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't make up my mind. Have $750 saved up so far. I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Can't make up my mind. Have $750 saved up so far. I really want this springfield 1911 for about $900 but idk if I should just stick with a $500-$600 polymer pistol like the Sig sp2022. California so my options are limited. Any suggestions?
>>
>>30762206
get the 1911 you want and not a shitty Sig
>>
If you are going to spend $900-1000 on a 1911, get the real thing, get a Colt, not some Brazilian made rip off.
>>
>>30762300
California gun laws make that difficult. Also, gun prices are significantly higher in CA. If that is the gun I think it is, it costs 700 MSRP in free states, but much higher in CA.
>>
>>30762206
Go for the Springfield, all the way, especially with Cali's gay mag limits.

If you take care of it, it will last you a lifetime and be a pleasure to shoot. Any polymer wonder will bore you after a few months and you will probably sell it in a year.

Buy once, cry once. That has been my experience in gun ownership. If you compromise, you will always regret it.
>>
>>30762206
Not OP, might as well make this a Cali thread. I wear a suit to work every day so I wanted to carry a very nice little Conceal piece, I was looking into the Sig p238 or the Kahr P380, the Sig feels better generally overall but the even smaller Kahr draws my attention for the conceal aspect of it. Except even these $500 guns are running for like almost $800 out the door here. Fuck Cali man.

And I'm gonna have to put that off because I saw this beautiful 800 dollar steal (another gun) which I wont say which, in case any of you fuckers by the LA area get any ideas and get it before I do just to spite me.
>>
>>30762319
Never mind. That actually isn't the Mil-Spec. It is a more expensive gun. The OP should check with his local gun store on pricing. I see Mil-Spec's for like 800, and they are less expensive.
>>
>>30762300
Colt is overpriced though.

Like, it's not Kimber bad, where you pay a lot and get a piece of shit (the Colt works fine), but I can't really justify Colt's prices today.
>>
>>30762346
you could get the same 1911 that's a RIA for $500-$600 in cali I'm looking at getting one for a carry gun due to me being broke and liking 1911s
>>
>>30762206
I hope you've at least shot the SP2022, I didn't like it compared to other Sigs, the trigger guard is too big and you can't get as good of a grip.

Why not a USP for 700?
>>
>>30762406
>Colt is overpriced though.
I just picked up a Series 70 for $800

The forged frame/slide, American made, and Colt resellability are worth the few hundred bucks more than a RIA. Also a much better fit, finish, and less mim parts than a RIA.

There really isn't a reason to buy springfields now days unless you just like the name. But know they arent the same springfield that made ww2 garand and such.
>>
>>30762931
>USP
the shittiest spongiest trigger i've ever used. Someone who is looking for a crisp 1911 trigger will hate a USP.
>>
get the 1911, it is worth it

plastic is for toys
>>
File: M16A1 a.jpg (824KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
M16A1 a.jpg
824KB, 2000x1333px
>>30764391
Plastic is great though, when used right.
>>
>>30762206
Don't buy a double action pistol. They're nothing more than overpriced toys. Single action pistols are the real weapons.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.