[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you really beat an American carrier strike force with a bunch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: millenium challenge 2002.webm (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
millenium challenge 2002.webm
2MB, 320x240px
Can you really beat an American carrier strike force with a bunch of swarming PT boats just like in the Millennium Challenge wargame?
>>
>>30758626
No.
>>
>>30758626
>>30758708
the Iranians sure seem to think so
>>
>>30758725
Oh fuck, I didn't realize the country that is practically first name in military technology and world power projection had already assessed the situation let me change my answer to a resounding YES!
>>
>>30758626

Can you beat an American carrier strike force with a massive barrage of missiles?

Sure. If you can find it. Which I guess is near the coast for some reason since you are close enough with your swarm of non-blue water vessels. Then have enough missiles in the first place to get some hits through the defense screen.

As far as the Millennium Challenge war game goes there are a ton of relevant critique of Van Riper's fantasy. You can read up on them online, but things like his messenger based intelligence system sent messages instantly, etc.

Threat of missile swarm i[spoiler][/spoiler]s a real thing. In terms of small non-sea worthy PT boats not so much practicality.
>>
>>30758626

no because PT boats can't teleport unlike Millennium Challenge.

Nor can 10 ton fishing boats carry 5 ton missiles.
>>
>>30758626
Sure, if the carrier group can't use their weapons against the boats, the boats ignore air assets, the enemy is able to accurately detect, track, and target the carrier group with their radar off, coordinate their military through the usage of LoS communication and messengers only, and launch missiles from boats that have neither the space for missiles nor the equipment needed to guide the missiles.
>>
depends on how many swarming PT boats
once we get into 5, 6 figures they got a real shot
>>
File: vwhrIPn[1].jpg (58KB, 750x460px) Image search: [Google]
vwhrIPn[1].jpg
58KB, 750x460px
What if they were Shinyo kamikaze boats?
>>
Yey, the weekly Millennium Challenge tread <3
>>
you can but a swarms of supersonic cruise missiles from tu-22s and tu-160s would be more of a safe bet
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.