[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was being an irresponsible faggot and blew up some meme tier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

I was being an irresponsible faggot and blew up some meme tier CDs with a Makarov.
>>
>>30758469
Jesus that's just pretty shitty luck there. Also I'd call that accidental discharge rather than negligent, it's not like you pulled the trigger or anything
>>
>>30758469
Was hunting with an 1897, and was attempting to de-cock the hammer. But it slipped through my glove and fired harmlessly into the bushes.
>>
I have Never ND'd but last week a retard in my platoon ND'd an M320.

It was loaded with a nonlethal buckshot round (40 caliber rubber balls if I remember correctly), which ricocheted off the floor, into his face, as well as down the tower, and into the cook's face.

First he blamed it on it dropping, then he blamed it on him trying to catch it as it fell - when it was a 12lb trigger pull. So basically he lied a shitload and got slammed with a fucking meaty Article 15.
>>
>>30758469

That's an accidental discharge

An ND is when your dumbass pulls the trigger

I've been carrying for four years and have never had either.
>>
>>30758612
This
>gun failed to properly operate
>gun has catastrophic failure
And the way you say it the failure was technically out off battery so yea, ad not nd
>>
>>30758469
>be on the range
>demonstrate to friends how dual wielding is impractical hollywood tier bullshit
>right gun has a stovepipe
>instinctively reach with left hand to clear it, pulling the trigger on the other gun

The shot went in a safe direction, but I made a point out of telling them what a dumb shit I was and urging them to avoid ever becoming overconfident dumb fucks who think their own rules don't apply to them.
>>
>be eric
>be an army pog
>purposely ND a 240 into an H barrier to prove a point to NCO
>>
>>30758815
Yea that is stupid, but at least you own up to it and use it to teach what you did wrong.
>>
I haven't had an ND yet. Newbie owner here however, since middle september '15
>>
>>30758469

That's not a negligent discharge. There's nothing negligent about the slide somehow crushing the cartridge. It's a mechanical failure.
>>
>>30758469
What did you blow up?
>>
>be me
>need to go to grocery store
>throw on sweatpants, put px4 subcompact and car keys both in my right pocket
>walking out to car in driveway
>fishing for keys
>BANG
>9mm fmj round goes right through my right thigh and exits out through the back of my leg right above my knee cap
>fun times
>>
I have never had an ND, been shooting since I was 8. That makes 17 years and counting without one.

Just follow the rules (booger hook off bang switch unless you want it to go boom) and you won't have an ND. It's that simple.
>>
>>30759000

Oh and to be fair I carry Israeli style (hammer back, no round chambered) so that is probably a big factor in why I haven't ND'd as well.
>>
File: 74765891.jpg (1MB, 2010x1501px) Image search: [Google]
74765891.jpg
1MB, 2010x1501px
>>30758469
I've never had a ND in the 12? years and tens of thousands of rounds since I bought my first rifle, a 10/22. I've only had one Accidental Discharge that I can think of and it scared the everloving shit out of me.

We were laying prone shooting 500 yds at a local range. I was shooting my heavy barrel 308 remington 700. It's got a Timney trigger installed and adjusted to a short pull of about 3lbs.
I closed the bolt, got my sight picture, breathed, and pulled the trigger but it didn't fire. It felt like the trigger moved a little but not the full range of motion.
I dropped the rifle all the way down so it was just sitting on the ground and bipod, and sat up perplexed because this had never happened.
I grabbed the bolt handle and went to open it and the rifle went off launching a 175 grain Sierra Matchking off into who knows where.
After I was through shitting myself I packed the 308 up and shot the AR the rest of the day.

I chalked it up to dirt and shit inside the trigger from laying prone. I blasted the trigger out and started doing so occasionally and have never had a similar problem.

pic is the rifle
>>
>>30758469
damn that video
>no stop pointing it at your hand
>whew
>no why is he pointing it at his hand again
>hes moving his hand maybe it'll
>why am I laughing I didn't want to see that happen

My rifle went off one time when I was on the range, luckily I was aimed at a target. POP POP, no idea how the second one went off after the first there was no delay whatsoever but it scared the living shit out of me because I wasn't expecting it. Started looking around to see if anyone noticed.
>>
>>30758828

I've seen this story a few times now. Did it actually happen?
>>
File: 133.jpg (226KB, 1232x816px) Image search: [Google]
133.jpg
226KB, 1232x816px
>>30758866
This, that's a KB

My only ND was while I was walking around my field with a good friend. I had my pre-64 model 94 and had just shot a milk jug we had out there. I racked the lever and went to put the hammer on half cock when my thumb slipped and the hammer fell, sending a round about 5 feet in front of my buddy.

I've also had a KB shooting questionable ammo that were most likely reloads out of another friend's P7M8. Thankfully the P7 was unharmed, although it did split his Nill grips that I replaced a few years later.
>>
>Be me
>Attempting to find a way to cushion the hammer strike on a cowboy pistol so I can dry fire
>Always keep 5 cylinders loaded
>Always unload when fucking with guns
>Stick paper towel between frame and hammer
>Cock, pull trigger
>Again
>Again
>Again
>MFW I didn't unload
>MFW I should have NDed 3 times

Luckily none went off. Now I make DAMN sure the first thing I do is unload any gun I
m messing with.
>>
>>30758866
I agree with this guy OP.

Consult a lawyer or just call them and tell them what happened. You should at least get a free gun or your money back for that.
>>
>>30759010
17 years? step up your game boy.
>>
>>30758972
full fucking retard to the point that I dont believe you
>>
>>30759015
prolly had somethiing to o with that shifter-knob you have for a bolt....
>>
>>30759084

Started shooting at 8, haven't ND'd in the 17 years since... I'm not underageb&, but I could see how it can be read wrong.
>>
>>30758469
I have not had a ND yet, but I came pretty damn close to one (with hot as snot .357 indoors too, could have been bad). Was playing with my new revolver, pulled the hammer back, and was about to pull the trigger. I knew it wasn't loaded, but I knew to stay in the habit of checking anyways for the times Shit was loaded. Didn't ND that day. Boring story, but it highlights how the one time you ND (or almost ND) is when you will presume your gun is unloaded.
>>
>>30759110
The extra bolt length is very welcome with a heavy firing pin spring.
>>
>>30758469
>Normalizing NDs
>>
>Was at the range
>First time using double action
>Dinged the holder
>Dropped the target
>Left out of embarrassment

That's about it.
>>
Be New Years Day
Be watching Farscape
Have CZ 83 on bed
Swear I cleared it when I got home like usual
Scorpius comes on screen
Point gun at his head pull trigger
BAM
Scorpius has hole in head and the DELL monitor is still chugging
DELL STRONK

After I realized what happened I unpluged the monitor it wasn't even penetrated 380 A SHIT thank fuck I had a spare monitor

I now know that older dell LCD pannels can proboboly replace maybe level 1 or 2 armor
>>
>>30759107
im at work now but when i get home ill post a pic of the scar.

yes it was retarded and yes i cried like a bitch when it happened but ive never done it again
>>
>>30758469

Why the fuck is he pointing the gun at his hand
>>
>>30758469
>Be 18 in US Army basic
>On final field exercise
>Gave me this heavy ass M249 to lug around
>Never trained on it.jpg
>Never had any gun training prior to basic
>Standing around while waiting for the next time to get yelled at
>Playing with the gun trying to learn how it do
>Finger always on trigger because that's how you oper8
>Flip safety off and shoot blank into ground
>"WHO THE FUCK DID THAT?"
>I point at the damn near special needs kid that was in our platoon because it was 2005 and they took literally anyone
>The whole squad got smoked to death, but IDC that glorious potato head didn't know any better than to deny it
>That combined with multiple other deficiencies got him held back while I went on to AIT
>Would lack integrity again 10/10
>>
>>30761702
>tfw some dumbass accidentally started a fucking firefight between our platoon and absolutely nothing because he fell asleep on firewatch during the final FTX and accidentally let off a burst on the 249

took the DS's like 5 minutes to get everyone to stop fucking shooting into the dark. I hear this isn't an isolated incident, either. We got absolutely skull fucked by our DS's
>>
>Bragging about ND's
>>
>>30762367
I don't know how your basic whet, but my ND was in the middle of the day. We were practicing convoy operations. The thing where you look under the truck with mirror sticks, and sometimes they surprise you with an ambush. It was after one had been done and we were waiting for the other to set up.
>>
>>30761702
I don't believe you, I was in the Muhreenes so maybe we have a higher level of proffesionalism AT LEAST in bootcamp, but if what you said happened actually happened then holy shit Army basic is... well... basic.
>>
>>30762386
Feel superior, NS's are pretty much a matter of time. Hopefully yours goes into you face.
>>
>>30758469
why its not airsoft and the guy in the left let it happen
>>
>>30762367
>nothing because he fell asleep on firewatch during the final FTX and accidentally let off a burst on the 249
I saw a guy do the same, but he had the presence of mind to yell out a bogus target indication.
>>
>>30762409
>It happened to me, it MUST happen to everyone else
>I have to drag everyone to my level in order to lessen the hurt on my ego
>>
>>30762393
This happened when we had to do the FTX where you go out into the middle of nowhere and defend a FOB for like a week, and you rotate being attackers/defenders with the other platoons.
After the kid accidentally ripped off a few shots, apparently the guy near him started shooting wildly in some random-ass direction, and then it all spiraled out of control from there. We wasted so many blanks in a span of like 5 minutes, it was hilarious
>>
>>30762408
I call BS on you because I have OORAH friends and heard plenty of fucked up stories. Maybe your cohort was uneventful. The stereotype is somewhat true intelligence is USMC<Army<Navy<USAF, and I'd seen enough to think it's a stereotype for a reason being stationed on joint bases like Huachuca..
>>
>>30762422
That's why all the highly trained instructors have had them. And also the youtube reviewers. Some let them show as a lesson, some get leaked, and I'm sure the others hide it to save their ass.
>>
I ND'ed my Glock 43 out of pure retardation. The chamber was empty but there was a loaded magazine in it, and I forgot to drop the mag and check the chamber before trying to remove the slide. Obviously, the slide was stuck, and rather than trying to understand why, I pulled it back and pulled the trigger to check if everything was working. It did, completely deafened me on the moment, made me feel like underwater for hours and ringed for days, worsened my already bad hearing and tinnitus. Fortunately, the bullet was stopped by a concrete wall, although it did graze my arms, didn't realize it right away, until I saw the hole and blood on my sleeve. Nothing serious though, I stopped the bleeding with tissues, cleaned the wound and went to bed.
My wife was super scared, although she thought at first I fell or something, didn't realize the sound was a gun shot from the other side of the house.
>>
>>30758469
Not an ND but i did something similar to OP's pic.

>attarange shootan
>laser on shield 9
>shoot one mag
>drop mag, load new one
>point fun
>404 green dot
>put off hand in front of laser to see if dot
>realize wtf i just did

Finger not on trigger but fuck man. Never again.
>>
>>30758828
if its on purpose is it really an nd?
>>
>>30762578
>negligent discharge

Shooting inside a FOB over trying to prove a point is definitely negligent. It would be like shooting a stop sign because you got into an argument with your neighbor and couldn't contain your reeeeee
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.