[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /k/'s opinion on the Auto-5? There's one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: dw570.jpg (288KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dw570.jpg
288KB, 800x600px
What's /k/'s opinion on the Auto-5?

There's one in a shop by me and I kind of want it, but never heard any word about it.
>>
if it was good enough for kurt cobain it should be good enough for you
>>
>>30757918
I made that same joke. Are we brothers in memes now
>>
>>30757897
They are the historic great semiauto shotgun.

They are great. If the price is right jump on it.
>>
>>30757897
Long-recoil makes me smile.
>>
>>30757918
>>30757964
He didn't use an auto five.
>>30757897
I'm not a big shotgun fan but I seriously want one because they look cool as fuck.
>>
>>30757897
Cool action I myself have the poor man's a-5 a model 11 and the long recoil action is super fun, mine predates 1928 so it's got the odd trigger safety, it turns off for like no reason but fun overall and hard to fuck up,
>check that the bolt isn't fucked they can chip and Crack and shit homeslice
>>
>>30757897
They are great if you never take them apart.
>>
>>30757897
JMB has never made a bad gun
>>
>>30759055

This.

I have and exploded auto-5 Ive been trying to fix.
Fuck that noise. I might just take it to a gun buyback.
>>
>>30758403

It was a Superposed right?
>>
>>30757897
I bought one for 300 bucks. It's like a 1929 or something like that. Fantastic gun in every regard. Lots of fun to go skeet shooting with. Plus, it's one of JMB's designs. Hard to go wrong with one.
>>
>>30759066
They really aren't that good of a shotgun. I have owned two of them and both had a fair amount of issues. Simply put its an obsolete and week design. Its single biggest flaw is it was never designed to handle high pressure modern loads. Both of my guns were very ammo sensitive. There are many better designs out there but because its a browning design it must be the best right? for the money the Mossberg 930 is an excellent gun. Its more reliable and WAY easier to take apart. I will never own another one that's for sure.
>>
>>30759096
Just don't take it apart.
>>
I've been thinking of one of these or an 1897 at my local GS.

Or I could be a normalfag and get an 870. They're all in the same price range.
>>
>>30759279

I basically agree with older ones. Mines a 1916, obviously built DURING the war, which gives it some stellar historical implications, but its blown totally to shit and honestly I regret buying it.
>>
>>30759326
it happens i own several pieces of a johnson rifle i will never be able to put together.
>>
Actual former owner for an auto-5 here, go look up the recoil rings and the multiple different combinations you need to arrange them in in order to ensure your gun doesn't KB on you while shooting certain loads.

It was great for it's time but it's an obsolete design that gets outshined by even the most bargain basement contemporary auto-scatter gats.

If you want to buy one for the cool factor or because of Bonnie and Clyde go right on ahead, just know that it's a shit design.
>>
>>30759062
came here to basically post this.
>>
>>30759401
well even the Mormon god of guns made a few mistakes. Just accept it. It does not mean he was a bad gun designer.
>>
>>30759386
aye the rings were the exact reason i sold both of my guns.
>>
>>30759386
Another former owner here too, he hit the nail on the head. Make sure you don't shoot high brass without flipping the ring around, and if you don't flip it back, good luck shooting low brass. Gets to be a pain in the ass after a while if you actually want to hunt with it and plink between trips. Cool ass gun, but I gave it to my father after the novelty wore off.
>>
There are many better designs out there but because its a browning design it must be the best right? for the money the Mossberg 930 is an excellent gun. Its more reliable and WAY easier to take apart.
>>
>>30759460
why did you re-post the last part of my statement?
>>
doesn't the auto 5 kick like a bitch?
>>
>>30759548
it supposedly kicks really softly as long as you have the friction rings set right
>>
I bought a 50's Belgian A5 a while back for $400. Only shot it a couple times. Is it supposed to be a pain in the fucking ass to load?
>>
File: 1948 Browning Auto-5.jpg (651KB, 1628x736px) Image search: [Google]
1948 Browning Auto-5.jpg
651KB, 1628x736px
I absolutely love my '48 Auto-5. Every once in a while I'll think about selling it but after holding and playing with it for a few minutes I cannot bring myself to part with it. Sexy machines and they can still be had affordably.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.