[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the process involved in informing the general populace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (39KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
39KB, 384x384px
What is the process involved in informing the general populace of a huge attack like an invasion or nuclear strike? How are we told?

I was just thinking to myself, if im asleep in bed, how am I supposed to know to bug out when we're about to get nuked? Can the government call everyone in the country?
>>
well for a nuclear attack you would hear loud as fuck sirens, also bugging out in a nuclear blast probably isn't gona do much to save you
>>
>>30752697
Well, unless you live next to a base or major population center, chances are you dont have to worry about any blast waves.
>>
>>30752639

The populace wouldn't be informed until after it had happened, same with an asteroid strike, world governments would get comfy in their bunkers whilst we're all incinerate.
>>
My fellow Americans, I have, uh, some shit to tell you...
>>
>>30752747
Not true.

If you look at those "likely nuclear targets" you're fucked if you even live near a moderately large city, anywhere.

I don't even LIVE in Memphis, just the suburbs twenty miles from it, and apparently they warrant a nuke, too.
>>
>>30752639
>not immediately going to /pol/ for HAPPENINGS
you had one job
>>
>>30752639
Emergency Broadcast System.

How don't people know this?
>>
I know someone that was involved with the "process" during the 60-70's.

The process is there isn't one. There is only emergency broadcast notifications. Television and radio cut ins. Thats it.

The USA has not taken steps like the USSR did to physically protect its populations. Where as the USSR took steps to ensure continuity of population and government. USA only focused on continuity of government.

Then again Globus Chaim McShecklestein doesn't care because he is very secure in one of his luxury bunkers on Marthas Vinyard or Nantucket
>>
>>30753016
Somebody listens to a lot of Alex Jones programs.
>>
>>30753016
Honestly? I think HAARP which all the tinfoils are skeered of just melts the fucking thing on it's way over.
>>
>>30752639
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46w1YWTD0DQ
>>
>>30752639

Same way you get instant Amber Alerts, flash flood/tornado warnings, and anything else.

The government has the ability to cut into any radio station, television station, or mobile network in the US. Have you never gotten an EBS text alert?

They have the ability to ping any mobile phones within a certain geographical area as long as they are receiving a mobile signal, this area and the people that receive the message are determined by which cell towers are pinged. Hypothetically they could ping the entire US.

Seriously, have you never woken up to *BEEEEEEEEP, BEEEEEEEEEEP, BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP! vibrate vibrate vibrate BEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEP!* only to look at your possessed phone to see "A Flash Flood Warning was issued by the National Weather Service for your area, please tune in to your local news station for more information"
>>
>>30753016

>FEMA doesn't exist

Tell me more.

>inb4 B-B-BUT FEMA IS EBUL!

Either the government doesn't protect us or their protection is actually meant to enslave us, not both.

And don't you fucking DARE bring up Katrina, pretty much everyone in charge got fired for that, and they're quite a bit less shitty now.
>>
You'll know when the local neckbeard starts frantically yelling about "skyking" on "8992" before getting the hell out of dodge in his hastily-packed car.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.