[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any RSOs here, theres a job opening at a nearby range (20 miles)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

Any RSOs here, theres a job opening at a nearby range (20 miles) at a small indoor range

whats the pay like?

Describe youre day clock in to clock out

Pros and cons

Also range storys from RSOs and shooters
>>
File: 1468887157605.png (586KB, 443x672px) Image search: [Google]
1468887157605.png
586KB, 443x672px
Bump
>>
File: 1469419772638.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1469419772638.png
1MB, 852x854px
Anyone?
>>
>range is a club
>qualified members take turn as ROs
>plinking at 25m with my CZ452
>standing offhand
>relax my position to cycle the bolt
>do this several times
>RO and another guy having a conversation behind me
>hear RO say to the other guy "watch his muzzle...see! there, pointed at the grass"
>muzzle is a few degrees off my target and below the line of the back, bullet would have impaced the ground right in front of backstop
>areyouforfuckingreal.jpg
>RO thinks I can't hear him or doesn't care
>mfw I pay money for this shit and there's no other option
>such is life in England

Felt like sperging out about the valid reasons that I wasn't doing anything wrong and was a more experience shooter and more used to being aware of gun safety than the old range queen idiot was. Kept my mouth shut because the club is a 'social community' and it might have turned into people acting like bored housewives bitching and gossiping. Biggest flaw with shooting in the UK, you have to be one of the fortunate few wit appropriate land to be able to go shoot by yourself or just with bros away from this sort of club bureaucracy shit.

That's my boring RO story.
>>
>>30752425
>youre day
Well, first you finish primary education and learn to spell
>>
>>30752425
i've got my RSO certification, but i have never actually used it. why? the pay is shit. a lot of guys actually volunteer. some gun clubs require you to do it as part of their service hours.
>>
>>30752517
Damn, i was thinking abouy this, coworkers being hardasses, i dont even go to the range, i have plenty of back roads to choose from and bump fire into the dirt at will
>>
>>30752539
Is the pay atleast above 8, like in your expierience

>>30752537
Shut youre mouth
>>
>>30752425
>be me
>be inna range
>get kicked out for fucking picking up my own fucking brass

MY FUCKING BRASS, MINE

FUCK RSOs AND FUCK PUBLIC RANGES
>>
>>30752559
Lel OP from what backwood sister fuck hillbilly forest are you coming from? 8 fucking dollars. You goddamn low fruit picking nigger
>>
>>30752599
No not really, im just a glass half empty kinda guy, if the pay is higher then great, but right now i just need money and expierience
>>
>>30752570

Nigga, why? It's your fucking brass. You literally paid for it and it is your property. Elaborate with greentext.
>>
File: 6470-1-1450576042 (1).jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6470-1-1450576042 (1).jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
>>30752425
I was an RSO for about a year before the range I was working for had to close down. So far it's been the best job I've ever had and I miss it everyday.

I worked about 8.5 hours per day and then about 10 hours during in the winter.

Got to see so and shoot so many different firearms....everything from cool fudd guns, Nazi lugers, and stuff with supressors to getting to shoot peoples machine guns.

Now, obviously there will be some idiots and you really need to keep an eye on them because they will either put a round through you or property of the range or another customer if you're not on top of them.

But there will also be people you will love talking to and enjoy working with.

If you get to work at a nice range with good management, then it's a 10/10 job

Go for it OP
>>
>>30752425
In Michigan, the RSOs are lazy fuck about to retire Department of Natural Resources officers. They get paid their regular salaries.

No one respects them and they drive away business. Michiganders end up going to state land where there are no safety officers and shoot away.
>>
File: doggo.jpg (61KB, 381x379px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
61KB, 381x379px
>>30752517
>double up on earpro
>disregard faggots

life is good
>>
did you ever work as a camp counselor in your youth?

it's a lot like that. you basically babysit people on the firing line. your job satisfaction will depend somewhat on the range clientele. you'll meet a lot of dumbasses working at the range, but most of them are just there to have fun and aren't deliberately retarded.

if the range is also a gun store, sometimes you'll rotate into the retail room which i think is generally more entertaining because you get to fondle guns and give short lectures to customers

>>30752645
i would wager that he crossed the firing line to go pick it up when the range was still hot

even if he only had to walk a few feet and wasn't crossing anybody's path, some rsos are cunts and will try to get you btfo on technicalities.
>>
>>30752645
Not much to greentext but ok

>shootan
>go thru 50 rounds of .45 long colt i reloaded,
>some fell so i pick em up from the floor and put em with the rest
>ground shakes as rso draws near
>hey all dat brass gotta stay er, range rulez
>what? there was no sign, besides this is my brass, i reload
>RANGE RULES!
>get pissed, take my shells and stuff a few stray shotgun shells into my pocket too
>dats range property, wuts your name?!
>ignore,leave, never return

I have no idea what the fuck he wanted my name for. Probably to ban me or some shit
>>
>>30752540
I wish I had that, I wouldn't ever bother with a range again. To me shooting was meant to be done on open land, that's how I had the great fortune to start and ranges have always been a step backwards since.
>>
File: reloading.jpg (49KB, 350x360px) Image search: [Google]
reloading.jpg
49KB, 350x360px
>>30752789
You did good though. Never give up good brass.
>>
>>30752812
Do you not have backroads where you are? Or is it one of those deals where your gun stays locked up at the range?

>>30752690
Ive worked on the retail side of firearms before, it was ok, not something i wanna do full time everyday, but eh, i can deal with it,

>>30752648
90% sure im going to apply, sounds bretty gud so far
>>
>>30752789
>THATS MY BRASS
>I DONT KNOW YOU
>>
>>30752789
What's their number and info

Let's prank call them and order pizzas they didn't want
>>
The problem with most RO's is that they take their job, being an asshole about safety (good), but then decide that means they should just generally be assholes about everything (not good).
>>
>>30752910
>Do you not have backroads where you are?
In my part of the country everything in ploughed and planted arable land, and very flat too. In other parts you can, in rare cases, shoot on land kind of like you do in America but on a smaller, quite scale if you have the land owner's permission. You can't shoot on public land or just go anywhere quiet and safe to shoot.

I had a friend who lived in a hilly part of the country, very rural, mostly livestock farms. We had the ability to go out and shoot informally, at melons, shoe boxes, whatever we wanted on suitable parts of that land. All of this has to be ok with the landowner (farmers for the most part) and there's some kind of process with the police so that they're aware you shoot there. But that's quite rare in the UK. Most people have to settle exclusively for range shooting, which is the position I'm in now. You can also hunt small game and deer on land like this, which is actually easier to do and more common than just going out, putting up targets and having fun.
>>
>>30752425

I volunteer RSO for local shooting school. They asked a few of the regulars to take the class and maybe help out for CWP classes.

I've only been doing it for a bit, but I've already seen a few fun things.

>cwp class
>one of the students is 9/10 blonde
>tight black jeans, sheer black lace shirt
>Gets sent there by bf with a Ruger Mrk 2, a zip lock bag of ammo, and a airsoft tier shoulder holster
>Instructor puts her on the far left (no sweeping), and asks me to watch her.
>she has no idea about anything
>crosses thumbs, blocks the bolt thing, tried loading ammo in backwards
>at one point she holsters pistol, and sweeps herself. I try and show her safer way.
>moments later, she twists around to listen to instructor, pistol falls out.
>I tell her to stop, and run to the ranges "holster box". Find a 1911 paddle that is good enough.

Instructor pulls her aside and tells her that he has to remove her.

Watching that pistol fall was terrifying. I cannot stress enough that people raise their standards for support gear like holsters, belts, etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>307528612
>mfw I have about 50 pounds of mixed once fired 9mm,45,10mm,38,40, and 357 brass (Fired by me) saved up in a huge bucket.
>>
Sometimes I get annoyed at the RSOs. I dont like them breathing down my neck orgetting out of shaoe about niggling things.

But sometimes I look around the range and see the inevitable party of retards doing retard shit, and I get it.

I just wish I had woods I could go inna.
>>
>>30753280

Other things I see as an RSO (for CWP classes, nothing fancy) that surprise me

>hooking left index finger around trigger guard
>insanely bad grips abundant
>Ruger SR9 series more popular than I would have thought
>waaaaaay more 40 than I would have ever expected.
>Serpa, serpa everywhere
>Fobus in 2nd place
>the terror at drawing and shooting from concealment (while timed). Adrenaline shakes are super common.
>that dude with the Taurus snubbie who leaves one ragged hole in the target (exaggerated, but you get the idea).

It's like people buy their guns and gear on Friday night, and come to class Saturday morning.
>>
>>30753440
anytime you see somebody show up with no wear on their holster/slide you know theyre going to have a shit draw.

takes about 5000 draws before it's second nature.

some of mine:

>limp wristing and blaming the gun
>chick lean
>telling dudes they're doing chick lean and they don't believe me
>people taking off their earpro to talk to their friends and then not putting it back on (this can be good for a lol. the nice one's i'll remind before they start shooting again)
>fucking NYLON airsoft holsters
>always one dude with a foreign old-world compact pistol that thinks he's james bond. sometimes he can shoot it sometimes not.
>always a few people who just come in, go straight to the farthest lane, shoot like 250 rounds and then go home without saying anything. these ppl usually come in every other day/3 times per week
>that one cunt that shoots a high powered rifle (this is a 25m indoor range)
>>
>>30752789
You should have chunked your brass at him.
>>
>>30752789
Honestly, their range their rules, even if it's just small print. Of course, it is indeed bullshit, and I wouldn't shoot there, and I actually don't shoot at places where they don't allow it anyway. Even the place which allows it, but requires you to mark your brass first, I don't go to unless I have to.

Of course, going to places that allows you to take your brass you have to contend with people trying to steal your brass. I hardly run into these people, but I have had some of my cheaper brass which I don't pick up right away taken from me before. Anything I value, I pick up after a magazine or eject into a catcher.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.