[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think the US could conquer Russia the way Hitler wanted?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: 1468657602441.jpg (89KB, 950x571px) Image search: [Google]
1468657602441.jpg
89KB, 950x571px
Do you think the US could conquer Russia the way Hitler wanted?

I'm talking in the modern day with no nukes or allies involved just conventional war.

How would they do it? How long would it take? USAs goal is to annex everything west of the Urals.
>>
File: monkey (1).jpg (221KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
monkey (1).jpg
221KB, 1024x768px
this.
>>
>>30750299
It depends really. If it were a full on full millitary power vs full millitary power, the US wins no problem. With losses, obviously.
>>
File: yawn1.jpg (17KB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
yawn1.jpg
17KB, 320x214px
What in the fuck is in Russia that anyone would want, Vatnik?

Your shithole is a wasteland.
You are an oil state. That's literally all you have and every other oil state out-classes you.
>>
Nuke Russia.

Occupying Russia is like occupying a Wal-Mart parking lot. You'd be occupying worthless real estate.
>>
File: 1465722067523.jpg (97KB, 450x701px)
1465722067523.jpg
97KB, 450x701px
>>30750299
Your scenario is completely unrealistic though. By assuming that a nuclear exchange will not occur, you might as well be assuming that the Russians are using invisible bear cavalry ridden by terminators. That is how unrealistic it is.

Though, in proxy wars, US equipment has almost always outclassed its Ruskie counterparts, so yeah. With no nukes it would be possible. There would still be casualties so massive on both sides that it wouldn't be worth it. Russia would have to fuck up something fierce to get into a total war with the US.
>>
Not American.

The Germans wanted Russian land and resources for understandable reasons. Small country, no access to overseas colonies without direct confrontation with England. 80 million men women and children living on a small piece of land. Little wonder why War in the East was so sought after.

The Americans have all the land they will ever need and ignoring the fact they are friends with everyone; even if they one day just said "Fuck every other country" and close their borders, they could still be self sufficient.

Russians, there is literally no reason for America to invade you, unless you dun fucked up and proved a response. And if they had to, aerial power alone would fuck you up because you're a conventional enemy, and they have been training to fight a conventional enemy since forever.
>>
>>30751426
the only enemy americans are trained to fight are poor sandpeople stuck somewehre between 1950s and stone age. they stand absolutely no chance in a continental war against industrial nations state, much less one with nuclear capacity. which is why such a war is unlikely to occur
>>
>>30751479

Yeah, because that's why the United States is doing so well with asymetrical warfare, right?

The top brass are still trained to engage the Russians and other conventional military force.If things reverted to a hot war between Cold War enemies, you can bet the training will kick in.
>>
>>30751426
I heard somewhere the German push was supposed to head toward India. Possibly link up with the Japanese army who where in Burma. Stalingrad is a bit south of Moscow. If the Germans where actually trying to push Russia`s shit in they should have blitzkreig'ed to Moscow.

As an American I would invade eastern Siberia. I doubt Russia would bother mobilizing that far east. and America is much closer and has infrastructure from Alaska to actually utilize that land.
>>
>>30750299
>I'm talking in the modern day with no nukes
Nukes aren't the only WMD available to the Russians. Push them far enough and they would go all up Dr. Thrax on this bitch.
>>
>>30751549
>As an American I would invade eastern Siberia.
Where would you land your forces? There are only a couple of ports in the Far Eastern Russia proper and the ones capable of supporting an invasion are heavily defended and would be demolished if they are on the brink anyways.

>I doubt Russia would bother mobilizing that far east.
The largest wargame of theirs was held in the Far East if I recall.

>America is much closer and has infrastructure from Alaska to actually utilize that land.
No you don't. a) the bering strait bridge doesn't exist and b) there is literal thousands of miles of unexplored wilderness and wasteland in that part of the world. Even worse it has some huge ass mountain ranges and there is a huge lack of ports in the outlying shores.
>>
>tfw Dempsey always looked like my grandpa

based grandpa
>>
>>30751511
the bald guy in the op is raymond odierno, do some basic research about u.s. top brass before spouting bullshit how they are eager to fight conventional war. american combat readiness right now is at its lowest since ww2, they have less than 200k trained shooters in the army, they're ordering drones and mraps, and deny requests for new tanks because 'lol, tanks are obsolete'

conventional war my ass. it's a bunch of double digit troglodytes who think they're hot shits because they can steamroll through arab villagers
>>
>>30750299
History has shown no one can conquer Russia but Russians themselves.
>>
File: 1339 Serious-Games.png (2MB, 1434x901px) Image search: [Google]
1339 Serious-Games.png
2MB, 1434x901px
>>30751614
>combat readiness right now is at its lowest since ww2,

The largest reasons for lack of combat readiness in individual soldiers:
Lack of current dental exam
Lack of current flu shot
Lack of annual mandatory briefing
Incomplete mandatory online courses (ssd, cyber awareness, isoprep)

You guys would laugh your ass off if you could see all the things that are considered in a soldiers "readiness"
>>
>>30750299
Let me allow you this much, one day coming from a hard day at work.
I learned a post are greentext.beme

This.
>>
>>30750394
You should get off the Internet for a while, your stupidity is showing.
>>
>>30751733
I could place my money on
>Lack of Anti-Rape Classes
>>
>>30751615
This. I was just reviewing small unit actions reports on the germans side. Fighting zergrush tactics 24/7 is hard to comprehend, and now i know why we developed an atomic artillery piece.
>>
>>30751599
I would mobilize in little Diomede, then storm whatever they got on Big Diomede after warning those 3 guys to surrender. I'd feel really bad about killing them and make them POW's. Then I would boat over to Lorino and take it uncontested. The Eskimos and 12 descendants of gulag prisoners wouldn't give up a fight. Then I'd call putin and be all "your move Russia" and Putin be all too far "we have enough cold territories"
>>
>>30751947
In Russia they just have PowerPoint presentations on rape, and beat practices for it.
>>
>>30751599
I'm not that anon but mobilizing a large army to defend a shithole wouldn't be a smart move for Russia. Such a large country requires massively stretched logistics, so that army would be relatively easy to cut off I suppose, because the logistics would only have a few routes.
>>
>>30750299
Why would anyone even want Russian clay? When you destroy their government and army, you have to deal with living and working with Russians.
>>
>These fags.
If anything, we should figure out how to settle east of the Urals. Now THAT should have some neat stuff there reguarding minerals. But everyone is right to a degree, west of Urals is just shit that's already been exploited.
>>
File: backupPreview.png (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
backupPreview.png
2MB, 1280x800px
I belive war is for squealers.
Do i look like a squealers.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.