[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /k/'s opinion of the RAS47? How about american

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: ras47.png (370KB, 1000x687px) Image search: [Google]
ras47.png
370KB, 1000x687px
What is /k/'s opinion of the RAS47?

How about american made aks, in general?
>>
File: tried.jpg (29KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
tried.jpg
29KB, 550x550px
>american AKs
in time, they might be viable. right now its not a good idea.
>>
>>30745636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs7eK2SmGYM
>>
File: 1468690135724.jpg (27KB, 360x235px) Image search: [Google]
1468690135724.jpg
27KB, 360x235px
Look, look again guys, he did it again. he posted the same troll thread
>>
I've heard ddi isn't complete trash
>>
>>30745661

what specifically is the problem with most of them?
>>
>>30745636
Don't believe ALL the hate OP.
The fixtures are cheap. In a shit hits the fan situation it should last you till full auto guns become easily available.
>>
american ak barrels are usually not cold hammer forged unless you drop a bundle on something like an arsenal. a lot of american ak's also have crooked sights as a result of not being pressed properly, which is just another reason to assemble your own or pay a gunsmith to do it for you.

though it probably won't matter if it ends up being a range toy.
>>
>>30745636

Only American built AK worth your time (that aren't stupid expensive) is DDI.

Be prepared to have to file the Hungarian Mag latch a small bit or you may encounter fitment issues for some magazines.
>>
Just get an N-PAP, Zavasta fucking rocks
>>
>>30747625
This or WASR
>>
>>30745636
The c39 is a decent rifle.
>>
>>30746892
>till full auto guns become easily available
What planet do you live on?
>>
>>30746108
THEY FUCKING BLOW UP.
>>
>>30747625
Serbshit is heavy and out of spec.

If you didn't get a saiga I'm sorry you should have gotten into AKs earlier.

>Be me
>Got an AK when they were $300 and an AR recently when they were $400
>>
>>30745636
They all be shit
>>
>>30746108
Shit parts and qc
>>
Okay, thanks for the info.

About the WASRs: I know that people used to shit on them like an Indian street corner. Have they gotten better as of recently?
>>
>>30747767
Yes, they're pretty much good to go. The go-to entry level AK.
>>
>>30747780

I've looked around for them, but it seems that they're all gone aside from $700/$800 listings on gunbroker. Anywhere else have them?
>>
>>30747822
I'd wait. Importation comes in waves, and only through Century who have been acting highly semitic due to their interest in pushing the RAS and C39 lines.
Soon they'll be back, and you'll be able to buy NiB WASRs for $650- more than they should go for, but that's the state of the market.
>>
>>30747846

Sounds good. Any aftermarket parts you'd recommend?
>>
>>30747865
A sling, some steel surplus mags. Ammo to practice with.
I've never been a fan of optics on an AK. Shoot it a lot, maybe replace the US-made softwood furniture, then decide what you want. imo an AK with a sling is a complete package out of the box.
>>
>>30747882

Cool, yeah I was thinking that I would pick up a 1000rd case of wolf or tula to start out with, no matter the ak I get.

I've also heard a lot about people liking the tapco aftermarket trigger groups: http://tapco.com/products/ak_modern/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=57
>>
>>30747922
A WASR comes with a Tapco G2 out of the box, due to 922(r).
Definitely better than the old commie triggers.
>>
>>30747684
>A planet where I have seen a crate of full auto black market weapons
>>
>>30747952

>tfw not even trump winning will give rise to full auto weapons showing up in bargain bins at your local walmart
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.