[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone a fan of these little guys or can't stand them? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: mini shells.jpg (28KB, 677x443px) Image search: [Google]
mini shells.jpg
28KB, 677x443px
anyone a fan of these little guys or can't stand them? I had a shitload of trouble with these in a 590 and ended up selling the rest. Flipping over and not loading correctly.

I'd like to use them if I happened to have a shotgun that would cycle them reliably but I get a lot of mixed info on that. They seem nifty for saving space if you wanted to go rodenting and not haul 100 rounds of full size ammo, or whatever.
>>
>>30744175
Mini-Shells are designed to be used in break-open shotguns, not the repeating type.
>>
>>30744205
Then why would the manufacturer say something silly like this:

MINISHELL MEETS MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE
Our 1 ¾” Minishell nearly doubles the capacity of shotguns. We are the only manufacturer offering the Minishell buckshot for hunting or defense purposes.

So do you think they meant you could double the capacity of a break barrel shotgun? interedasting
>>
apparently the 1300 is best choice, or mods.

>Notes from Aguila on Shotgun Modifications to use Minishells:
First of all, any SAAMI/CIP approved 12ga shotgun may fire Minishells, be it side-by-side, over-and-under or pump action; however, the latter type will not cycle them flawlessly. The out-of-the-box shotgun that we have tested cycling Minishells very well, is the Winchester M1300 18" Defender. Winchesters 1897 seems to like the shorter rounds, however not as much as the Winchester 1300. We still have to test the Winchester 1887.

>MOSSBERGS 500/590s will cycle Minishells pretty well once the shooter acquires a "feeling" as to how to pump the action; however, this will not prevent the occasional jam. To further solve the problem, we have lengthened and widened the little short metal bar (shell elevator), which catches the round to be subsequently fed to the ramp and chamber. This modification will not prevent you from firing regular size shot shells. The other modification that would decisively help in the proper cycling, would be to install the ejector in a more forward position to catch the spent shorter shell and eject it, before it may flip and cause jams. However, we DO NOT recommend you to do this, because you will most likely no longer be able to fire regular size shells.

>Any competent gunsmith should be able to perform the modification to the elevator described above.

>REMINGTONS 870s seem to require a more involved modification, which we have never attempted. We have received calls from clients stating that they have tried our Minishells in their 870s with excellent results, and that they did not understand why we have always mentioned the potential cycling problems. To this, we would like to state once more that Minishells will not cycle flawlessly in regular pump action shotguns, no matter how well some customers are able to cycle them. Again, the Winchester 1300 Defender would seem to be the one cycling Minishells best.
>>
if you really want mini shotshells, anon, Herters has some that are 2 1/4" and work just fine in pump guns
>>
>>30744175
I've never seen them but I'd be interested if they were actually any cheaper.
>>
I liked the concept of the mini 12ga shells but they didn't work out as well as hoped.

As already mentioned above, they only seem to cycle halfway decent in certain models of pump shotguns, and even then you need to learn how to finesse the pump when you rack it so it works just right.

I only bought some just in case I ever bought a pistol sized double barrel 12ga AOW so I'd have something easier for my wife and kids to handle if they ever shot it. It's been 20 years and I STILL haven't ever bought that AOW.
>>
Someone needs to custom build a pump shotgun to feed these and make it small as possible and make a little itty bitty saiga to feed them too, I would get a aow stamp all day for that
>>
>>30744205
>I'm retarded and my opinion or information on the subject shouldn't be listened to
Okay
>>
>>30744878
There is one. Or WAS one.

I'm not 100% sure but I think these shells came out back around the mid 90s. Or at least my Aguila rep told me they were a new item back when we first ordered and started carrying them at that time. As soon as we got the first batch we tried them in some of our own shotguns on the range and discovered the quirks of getting them to feed.

I don't remember the year but it I'd guess it was within 3-5 years after we first got the shells that we saw an imported shotgun made specifically for these shorty shells.

I apologize, but at the moment I can't remember which manufacturer it was that Aguila conned into making a gun with such limited commercial demand. I don't remember for sure if they were made ONLY for these shells, or if they also worked with regular shells. I think they worked with regular 12ga ammo, but it's just been too long and my memory isn't what it used to be. I just remember how surprised I was when I saw a shotgun being marketed specifically for this ammo, particularly when it's not an ammo you see around much.
>>
>>30744175
I've never had a problem with my KSG using them.
>>
>>30745520
jog your memory dude, now i'm interested
>>
>>30744326
WELL FUCK I'VE GOT A 1300

Time to get some minishells and a third barrel. I have a bird barrel, a rifled slug barrel and now just need a 18" self defense barrel.
>>
>>30746697

My uncle has one, I'll have to talk to him next time I see him, maybe I'll get to see it and get some pictures. But apparently it is actually semi common in europe as a womans shotgun since it is shorter.
>>
My benelli supernova eats these like candy. Effectively doubled my carrying capacity, cuts recoil in half, and they're still lethal in home defense scenarios.
>>
>>30744264
I think it's aimed at pumps not breaks
>>
>>30747824
cool beanos, time to try some in my Vinci then. i'm getting a 9 shot extended mag for it anyway, if it feeds reliably then i will have a whole lot of babby shells loaded up.
>>
>>30747863
Plus they don't wreck steel targets so you can blast away at the range. Good luck!
>>
I guess it makes sense? When you pump the shotgun, the shell basically slides/flies/jumps/hops to the elevator and something mini like that would tumble or spin if you do things too rough?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.