[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so, I was recently at my LGS and was talking to them about picking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: utg scope.png (80KB, 792x393px) Image search: [Google]
utg scope.png
80KB, 792x393px
so, I was recently at my LGS and was talking to them about picking up a new scope for my rifle. Well, turns out they're a Leapers UTG distributor and they were telling me about one of they're scopes(pic related). they were telling me about the some of the shit they've put the scopes through and what not.

Does anyone have any experience with these? I told the dudes at the LGS that my rifle is extremely notorious for destroying optics form just firing them. they said they mounted said optic on a 338 and it did just fine. Also said they had a lifetime warranty.
>>
Don't buy UTG or Leapers. Trust me, I'm a scientist.
>>
>>30743363
This guy knows his shit op, listen to him. Plus, he's a scientist.
>>
>>30743363
you're not a scientist. know how I know? because you're on /k/

how's Osprey global for scopes?
>>
>>30743636

Realistically speaking they are the lowest tier of Chinese junk scopes and are really not reliable. That said some decent cheap scopes are coming out of China nowadays, and some great ones out of the Phillipines (much of vortex's).

Do you have a budget that we can make a recommendation on? Leapers, UTG, Osprey, sight mark, ncstar, and Barska are brands to actively avoid.
>>
>>30743853
trying to stay under $300
>>
>>30744220
Try primary arms or burris
>>
>>30744220

Get a vortex, then. Great values on everything from $100 red dots to $2400 high end scopes.

You might be able to find a strike eagle in that range.
>>
>>30744220
bruh

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-16x-scope-with-patented-acss-556-545-308-reticle-advanced-combined-sighting-system-paps16x-eta-late-aprilmay-2016/p/paps1-6x/
>>
>>30744236

Burris is also good. Nikon, lower end leupolds, konus are others to consider.
>>
>>30743340
>my rifle is extremely notorious for destroying optics form just firing them

What the fuck kind of shitty cheap optics have you been using?
>>
>>30743363
UTG Pro is ok though.
>>
>>30744248
>>30744265
Vortex.
>>
>>30743340
>buying a variable glass from UTG

Absolute madman.

>Also said they had a lifetime warranty.

Yeah, "lifetime", i.e. "you have warranty until it dies on the second range trip," kek.
>>
>>30743363
Your not bill nye are you?
>>
>>30745210

I feel like Bill Nye would probably fall under the "libtard" category.

I base that on nothing, just a suspicion I have.
>>
>>30745265
That would be accurate, he's a huge mainstream corporate shill
>>
>>30745265

> All of his campaign contributions–totaling $4,300–have all gone to Democrats, with the largest chunk going to Barack Obama.

> Nye’s left-leaning tendencies are further expressed in his dedication to environmental causes. He is, apparently, in an ongoing contest with actor Ed Begley, to see who can have the smallest carbon footprint

> Furthermore, in 2012, Nye officially endorsed the president for re-election

Bill nye confirmed scum
>>
File: my raifu.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
my raifu.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>30744340
3rd for vortex

I doubt it's still on going but, at primary arms I got this crossfire II with a free PEPR mount.

Looking to upgrade to the strike eagle and putting my crossfire on a different build.

>pic related, couldn't be happier with it
>>
>>30745349
you don't understand. that's what I WAS using. used a strike fire and it broke on the first outing. kinda pissed me off. I'm using a truglo now and it lasted 1200 rnds before it started giving me issues
>>
>>30745392
Ahh, bummer man. Was it just recoil that killed your optic?

I haven't had any problems with mine yet, but of course I don't really do any operating with it.

Also what broke on it?
>>
>>30745430
pretty sure it was the recoil that did it. the electronics crapped out and now act as if possessed by demons.
>>
Doesn't UTG make airshit accessories?
>>
>>30745392

Just so you know, Vortex has an absurdly good lifetime warranty. Send that strikefire in, if it's defective they will replace it and if you don't want it you can hock it on barfcom for 20 bucks under normal price.
>>
>>30746141
that's what i keep hearing. this is the first gen strike fire though. so, i dont think there is much of a resale value for it,
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.