[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are 68w's (combat medics) and marine corpsman considered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3008x1960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3008x1960px
Are 68w's (combat medics) and marine corpsman considered POGs? What type of combat do these guys usually see and partake in?

Or do they just stay back and only go in when there is a wounded soldier?
>>
>>30739894
for corpsman i know it depends on whether or not you go green side or blue side. if you go green side you will be with marines but it depends on what unit you get sent to. if your with grunts or arty then yea your going to go on patrols.
>>
>>30739894
Depends greatly on placement of said medic. I was with tanks and was a loader/radio operator while we rode in the tanks, and a medic when we were out. I stayed near the PL and PSG while we did dismounted patrols.

Later I was a an infantry medic where they went, I went, what they did, I did.

But you are still a POG, technically, even tankers are POGs, because what does POG mean, kid? Person Other than Grunt. So unless you got that neat blue cord, you are a pog.

Although, any infantryman dumb enough to say that to their doc in ill humor is a moron. I got called a pog once by one of my guys and when he needed an IV he found 1000ml of saline getting pumped up his ass.

Later I moved to an AVN unit where I just filed medical forms and organized/tracked the units medical readiness, and did various training for the unit. So in that case, I was in every sense of the word, a POG.

>TL;DR Some medics do cool shit, some don't. All are POGs, but typically aren't reminded of it if they are on the line.

>source combat medic for 8 yrs.
>>
Id say no, not a POG. The combat medics attached to our unit did all the same shit infantry shit we did. Everyone respected the Docs.
>>
>>30739894
I served two four year tours in the Infantry. I did two tours of combat. Got a CIB out of it.

I decided to get a job as a paramedic but got sucked back into the service. I was an ambulance platoon sergeant. Didn't do a fucking thing other than watch out for boo-boos on rifle ranges.

If you sign up as a 68 whiskey, you're probably going to hold hands and patch scrapes.
>>
>>30740013
Cool. You guys have the option to become rangers as well correct?
>>
Isn't 68W overstrenght right now?
>>
>>30739894
fun fact, Corpsmen who have been green side with Infantry units are not permitted to train new recruits at Great Lakes. They have too much of a Marine mentality
>>
>>30740013
>1000ml of saline
>getting pumped up his ass
Hot damn, you still lurk here. Good to see you.
>>
>>30740201
Wait. Great Lakes is still open?
>>
>>30740201
Yeah, well once you start smoking pole, there's no coming back.
>>
Currently in AIT for 68w on ft. Sam. All of our platoon sergeants claim to have never been in clinics, always been line medics. They told us that it is extremely rare to be in a clinic and you have extreme luck if you do. I guess the fact that they're sending a few of us to RASP and the another 20 to airborne backs up the fact
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.