[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on homegrown militias? Military dropouts who wanna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: militia-group.jpg (59KB, 520x300px) Image search: [Google]
militia-group.jpg
59KB, 520x300px
Thoughts on homegrown militias?

Military dropouts who wanna play army?

Domestic terrorist?

A essential deterrent to domestic threats?
>>
>>30738665
I served in the 82nd Airborne as an Airborne Infantryman. Now I'm out and I would aligned myself with a local militia. Absolutely. I expect to encounter other veterans.
>>
challenging to make an effective unit larger than four or five people

not enough resources or cooperative volunteers to train an effective force. very hard to find people willing to be grunts when they're not getting paid or recognized for their contribution. unless theyre ex military, hard to train combat discipline on a weekend-warrior type basis (and these groups usually meet maybe once/month)

youre better off just having a few friends that you shoot with and who you would crew with if shit ever went down. like an eric/chad/barry type setup.
>>
bunch of manchildren who dress up and want to play army.

complete fucking faggots
>>
>>30738732
Found the bootlicker
>>
>>30738732
Except you are incorrect.
>>
>>30738744
>>30738740
Its time to grow up. You cant play pretend army anymore
>>
>>30738665
>military dropouts who wana play army

>>30738697

A waste of time but basically harmless. The army fucking sucks, and it's hard to play army outside the, uh, army. Militias offer an alternative, but it'll only ever be playtime for them. Kind of weird and cringy.
>>
>>30738732
Basically yeah
>>
>>30738665
We had this thread three days ago but no one went over logistics

How much time to train?

What civilian courses can be taken to assume a leadership role in communities?

How to go about recruiting?

Does one have to have his/her own range or would they go to a range to train?

Would /k/ like to make its own cross national militia with a yearly meetup?

None of these questions where answered.
>>
Constitutional right.
>>
>>30738752
>Its time to grow up. You cant play pretend army anymore
There is a billion dollar industry on video games, the vast majority geared towards adult men.

You could spend your time on a couch pretending to be an army man.

Or you could go outside and get fit while pretending to be an army man.
>>
>>30738740
>bootlicker
>implying
Let's see what the great founding father Washington thought of militias, shall we?
>To place any dependence upon militia, is, assuredly, resting upon a broken staff
>Men just dragged from the tender scenes of domestic life - unaccustomed to the din of arms - totally unacquainted with every kind of military skill, which being followed by a want of confidence in themselves when opposed to troops regularly trained, disciplined, and appointed, superior in knowledge, and superior in arms, makes them timid and ready to fly from their own shadows.
>>
>>30738781
Washington is confusing militias with conscripts and rebels. Actual militias are trained and have some small measure of discipline, as well as leadership. No, I'm not trying to blow militias, I know they can't compare to a standing army, but they can be and were very effective.
>>
>>30738774
>Constitutional right.
Yet somehow Militias are illegal in my state, go figure.
>>
>>30738860
Commiefornia? Jew York? Massafaggots?
>>
>>30738868
Was just about to ask that. The entire Constitution is pretty much illegal in those states. Disgusting.
>>
>>30738665
I'm not sure if you'd call it homegrown, but lots of states have militias that are distinct from the National Guard. Georgia and Virginia mainly use them for humanitarian type stuff, but they are maintained so they in theory have their own defensive power that is not at all under the control of the federal government.
>>
>>30738868
>>30738874
Minnesota actually... https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=624.61
>>
>>30738665
I'd like to join one if it didn't mean hanging out with ATF/FBI agents all the time.
>>
https://libertyfight.wordpress.com/2009/07/28/laws_regarding_private_militias/

I'm a California resident. Apparently it's a grey area, but as long as you aren't trying to appear as a subversive organization you should be ok. You need a pretty Damn coherent vaguely pro-California politics mission statement to be safe though. Make sure everyone is vetted and not a nutjob, and make it a marksmanship and patriotism themed group and you should be fine...
>>
File: 1466753885743.png (591KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466753885743.png
591KB, 540x720px
Its your god given right to form one.
>>
And then when tryanny happens, or creeps forward relentlessly like now, these militias will do nothing or just comply.

If an AWB happens I wonder how many will forcefully resist? Isn't that what they're for?
>>
>>30738939
Isn't the American way to just say "hey, we're actually doing all this so if you and your government friends ever overstep the bounds we can shoot you and restore freedom."?
>>
>>30738781
So a trained militia is better than a conscripted one. Sounds like forming a militia to train is a proper civic duty.
>>
>>30738665
25% local retards, 75% undercover feds.
>>
>>30738848
True they're not supposed to be able to stand toe to toe with a regular army. It's more of a harassment force to drain resources from an occupying force until a friendly force can show up and liberate the area. The militia is going to be made up of whomever is local and willing so you're going to get all kinds of people showing up. Having a cellular structure is preferable so if you get cut off from a central authority you can still operate
>>
>>30738899
You can spot them out and turn em in

>>30739291
Depends on the size of the militia

>>30739339
It is but you need funding better to make an NGO that's a militia.

>>30739341
I'm not a fed and I want to form a militia
>>
>>30739359
Then I guess you know what part of the distribution that puts you in, friendo :^)
>>
>>30739359
>I'm not a fed and I want to form a militia
Ergo, you're a local retard.
>>
>>30739359
>I'm not a fed and I want to form a militia
Others may beg to disagree...
>>
File: 2d7.gif (496KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
2d7.gif
496KB, 500x385px
Don't call it a militia, call it a "Shooting and Disaster Preparedness Club".
>>
>>30739346
What an inverse cell structure? That is, everyone in the militia trains with everyone and ranks only exists for logistics handlers while performing direct duty of running the training outfit; after that a team leaders gathers volunteers out of the unit to perform an op, multiple teams band together and elect ad hoc leadership out of themselves to tackle larger ops.
>>
>>30738665

When I got out of the service I met up with some militia types. It sounded fun, so I started going innawoods with them. Mostly it was just camping in surplus gear. There was a lot of ego and very little discipline, and most were so out of shape a short jog or a decently paced ruck march would have killed them. As individual shooters they were good, but they were nowhere near capable of acting as a unit.

Their lack of physical fitness combined with their bizarre assumptions about their own profiency levels made the idea of operating with them laughable, but camping with them was fun.
>>
"Fantasy disaster preparedness club" isis would eat these pussies alive, then rape their imaginary girlfriends
>>
File: 1463770248257.jpg (25KB, 404x303px) Image search: [Google]
1463770248257.jpg
25KB, 404x303px
>>30739059
God wants me to Form 1 my SKS?
Thanks god!
>>
>>30739525
No, one person is responsible for communicating with a central command and maybe a second who the first has known and trusts for a very long time. Everyone else is basically left in the dark going as far as to truck grunt level members to remote training locations in blacked out vans. This keeps infiltrators from getting too far into the group. Someone posted a link to some books on the matter. Militias don't pull "large" ops almost by definition
>>
File: FB_IMG_1445184652192.jpg (20KB, 320x317px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1445184652192.jpg
20KB, 320x317px
>>30739359
>I'm not a fed...
Haji please.
>... I want to form a militia.
I'm sure you do. Pic related.
>>
>>30739593

I totally would get into a blacked out van with you. It sounds like completely legit fun and not crazy at all.
>>
>>30739593
I'd rather keep their trust spent on semi-live fire exercises and tolerating field discipline while being able to walk out at any moment. Besides, the way we're set up the feds are literally an active cleaning mechanism for fudds who can't bide their time or control their mouth.
>>
>>30739651
There's candy and ammo for everyone who wouldn't want to get into my party van
>>
>>30739530
so you went to a /k/ meetup?
>>
>>30739059
I am the local contact. Believe it or not.
>>
>Thoughts on homegrown militias?
They are practically useless in a first world, peacetime country. Not because the government will wipe them out in a pitched battle, because the members lack the real conviction to be effective. There's no incentive, no environment to create it. You might be able to play around in the woods for a bit but at the end of the day, you have a mortgage and a bank account and a mobile phone and the kids are in school and ultimately it's a fantasy.

>Military dropouts who wanna play army?
All sorts. I suppose the one thing they have in common is that they feel the need to do something, which can be a good thing.

Put it this way, even the most driven and committed terrorist groups and movements in the world have informers, liabilities and saboteurs. A militia in the USA, for instance, will have even more.
>>
>>30740447
michigander here, how do you get involved?
what do you people do?
>>
>>30740551
>michigander here, how do you get involved?
Join the FBI or State Police
>>
>>30738665
Pretty much like the "civilian operator" thread we had a couple days ago
They're just larpers
They probably have no intention of actually fighting anything unless they have literally no choice but to
>>
>>30740447
She looks like a product of incest
>>
File: dFMquxU.png (741KB, 1688x518px) Image search: [Google]
dFMquxU.png
741KB, 1688x518px
>be me
>be infantry
>4 years of not being deployed
>just train with buddies
>OMG HERO THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

>be me now
>be in militia
>train with buddies
>LOL WANNABE MILITARY STOLEN VALOR MAN CHILD GROW UP THE GOVERNMENT WILL DESTROY YOU HOW DARE YOU? FALL BACK IN LINE PEASANT
>>
>>30738665
Red Dawn LARPers. Kind of silly but there are worse ways to spend an afternoon then running around the woods with guns. A lot of the militias in my area are too religious for my liking. I just want the government to keep their hands offa my dick and outta my pocket.
>>
>>30740682
If every single patriotic/constitutional American male of military age joined a militia the Government would be more inclined to listen to us.
>>
>>30740664
Pretty much this. Half /k/ is full of bootlicker faggots now.

In my opinion the contacts and frienships you make from your militia are just as important, if not moreso, than the training. SHTF can be more than a tyrannical government, and having friends with supplies and guns can be invaluable. Plus most of my normal friends just want to drink and shit on the weekends but there's always a militia type who's down to go out innawoods on the weekend.
>>
>>30740698
If every adult American actually paid attention to lawmakers and policy and then voted based on those things the government would be more inclined to listen to us. It'd be a lot more effective then camping in milsurp.
>>
>>30739304
Sure it is.

But it's the California and liberal way to SWAT those individuals, or lie about them, call them right wing terrorists, make everyone terrified of them, and then have them all arrested for doing nothing wrong.

Liberals know that they should (mostly) be getting strung up right about now, at least in states like California where they have been actively shitting on constitutional rights for decades. But no one is doing shit to the liberal politicians, so they keep getting away with it.

I say we revoke all special police and three letter protection from these politicians. Servants of the people don't need any special protection that the people themselves do not receive, after all.
>>
>>30740822
If only they lost their special snowflake status. Liberal politicians are akin to that asshole in school who was either a bully or obnoxious, but was deemed "special" for one reason or another. Take away their protection they vehemently claim the people have no right to, and watch how quick they cower and slink behind the rocks like the snakes they are.
>>
File: transmetpreznits.jpg (78KB, 450x487px) Image search: [Google]
transmetpreznits.jpg
78KB, 450x487px
>>30740807
More ignorant people are listening to politicians than ever before; be careful for what you wish for.
>>
Most "liberals" today are actually totalitarian cunts with a dim grasp on reality.

Honestly if any grassroots militia is to succeed against our UN subservient federal govt we'll need a solar flare or an EMP blast to fry their coms and drone control stations before we can slaughter them all the way back to DC
>>
>>30738665
necessary to the security of a free state
>>
File: ianangry.jpg (245KB, 570x845px) Image search: [Google]
ianangry.jpg
245KB, 570x845px
>>30738886
Theres no fucking way that is legal
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.