[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's the best place to buy an AR-15 lower? Obviously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 11860876853_a88e9874c8_z.jpg (269KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
11860876853_a88e9874c8_z.jpg
269KB, 640x480px
Where's the best place to buy an AR-15 lower? Obviously there is online but spending $30 for a transfer fee and possibly $20 for shipping on something that is $70-100 doesnt make much sense to me. Should I just look around in local gun stores, and what lowers should I look for and which should I avoid when looking?
pic unrelated obviously
>>
File: ORD_M4_Carbine_SOPMOD_lg.jpg (64KB, 625x448px) Image search: [Google]
ORD_M4_Carbine_SOPMOD_lg.jpg
64KB, 625x448px
Just shop around your local gun stores. You can generally find Anderson Manufacturing or Aero Precision at most places. They generally go from $89 and up. I heard that earlier generation Anderson lowers were slightly out of spec but the new lowers at good to go now. There's also plenty of other companies that make lowers like spikes tactical, bcm, and everybody else with a manufacturers license seems make ar15 lowers now. Generally there is no problems, just do your homework before you sink any money into a purchase. It just comes down to how much you want to spend, and what you want the roll mark and markings to look like.

Aero lowers are popular with most people I talk with if that helps your decision any.
>>
>>30736900
I bought 6 Anderson lowers from aim surplus for $45 a piece after shipping and ffl fees.
>>
>>30736900
Check out Quantico Tactical if there's one near you. I bought two Anderson lowers for $40 a piece- not including taxes- just a couple of weeks ago.

I'm still wondering if I should've bought more, but I don't even have plans for my current lowers.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 800x520px
I caught a sale on an Anderson lower for $40, $7 shipping to Texas, and got a waive from my FFL because reasons. You could always buy a BCM or Spikes tacticool for around $80-$90 but don't plan on using it for home defense if it's got some goofy art on it.
>>
If you live in a pro fun state and find one for $70 or less in a gun shop get it, otherwise polymer lowers can be found for $50 online, with $10-$20 shipping and you'll have to find the lowest transfer fee near you. Unless you plan on shooting over 5k rounds out of your AR in a year, I doubt the lower will fail you. And if you are, the brass from those 5k rounds is worth enough for another lower.
Just search find a ffl OR go to gunbroker.com and use their find an ffl tool.
You can usually find one for around $20 if not under.
>>
Do you have to be 21 to buy a stripped lower through a FFL? Most websites have rifle and pistol stripped lowers as seem peerage things
>>
>>30739868
I meant separate
>>
>Anderson lower for $40
i heard the new ones are of lower quality than the previous ones

>>30736900
1. go to lgs
2. show me them ar lowers
3. ???
4. profit
>>
>>30736900
Nice NFA violation you got there.
>>
File: IMAG0388.jpg (3MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0388.jpg
3MB, 2688x1520px
Order bulk. I got 6 Anderson lowers from classic arms for $40 apiece. After shipping ($20) and transfer ($70) I was at like $57 a lower.
>>
>>30740344
When was this? 6+ months ago?
>>
>>30740344
many gun stores sell anderson lowers for less than $50 each
>>
>>30740226
I believe it's built off of a charger pistol, and made to look like a sawed off 10/22
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.