[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, my great grandfather is giving me his 101st airborne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Hey /k/, my great grandfather is giving me his 101st airborne jacket from ww2(similar to pic releated). Is it disrespectful to wear his jacket with the patch and all if I'm not currently a member of airborne? I have jump school in may but that's not for 10 months.
>>
>>30734823
I would avoid wearing it at all. It's a piece of history. I'd have it encased inside some display, occasionally taking it out to put on and trudge around the house, while shooting imaginary enemies.

But it's yours, so do as you please.
>>
>>30734823
buy a reproduction you shithead those are rare and you might just fuck it up.

I get that its cool but damn.
>>
>>30734823
You're a fucking dumbass or troll if you are saying you want to wear a 70 year old war relic outside for funsies.
>>
Don't wear it because it should be preserved.

Regarding the patch, do you realize that almost nobody in the 101st has been to jump school? You say you have a jump contract, but you don't know that already? Weird...
>>
>>30734901
if a reproduction includes the insignia is it ok? I just dont want to look like a tool and piss off actual servicemen or vets since I haven't even made it into airborne yet.
>>
>>30734930
i dont have a contract yet but will do everything possible to get into the program that is in 10 months
>>
>>30734823
Don't wear his legacy, preserve it and make your own.
>>
>>30734929
i meant just like around the house sometime im not that dumb mane
>>
>Hey /k/, can I wear a piece of history and stain it with shit like its some basic piece of clothing?
>>
>>30734942
>I have jump school in May
>I don't have a contract

Fucking leave, faggot.
>>
>>30734823
sell it for sweet monies and use the money to travel and hookers. it's better than having a stupid jacket in the closet.
>>
It's weird to wear shit that you weren't involved in. I'll wear an O+ patch or maybe an American flag. But wearing a patch of a group that you were never a part of or one that doesn't even exist like video game armies is fucking retarded
>>
>>30734823

Put it in a garment bag, and write a note about its history to put in one of its pockets so maybe whomever buys it from the used clothing store after you die and your kids throw out all your shit will appreciate its history.

Also, as a former 101st soldier, I think the idea of someone who never served "honoring" those who did by wearing their old shit is strange. Just admit you like to play dress up, but don't pretend it's for anybody elses benefit but your own.
>>
Paratrooper jackets are pretty cool. Keep the original and buy a reproduction if you want to wear one

No WWII veterans are young enough to make a fuss about it, it's not a big deal anyway as long as you don't look like a douche
>>
>>30734823
You're a douchebag for even asking this.

>I have jump school in may

Jump school doesn't make you "airborne" just like ranger school doesn't make you part of battalion. I'm assuming you're an ROTC faggot so it's not your fault that you're so retarded. Once you are a five jump chump next may you'll still be a giant fuckstick if you wear that jacket.

Shadow-box it and let your poor grandfather rip in peace.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.