[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this video was released some time ago, but I've only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
I know this video was released some time ago, but I've only just now started watcing it all the way through.

My question for /k/ tacticians is why would IS
make this particular attack? I'm not an expert but taking open-top light skinned vehicles and driving straight at what looked like a hill held by Peshmerga seems like a bad idea, especially with what seems like an infinite supply of ATGM's floating around the middle east
>>
>>30733082
It's part stupidity, part martyrdom-seeking.
>>
>>30733082

Allah will guide their bullets.
>>
>>30733113
>>30733114
I thought IS were moderately successful though? How is that possible if they've been running shit like this?
>>
>>30733145
There are very few forces in play that aren't as dumb or dumber, Peshmerga being one of them.
>>
>>30733082

>dat backblast tho
>>
>>30733170
So I'm right in noticing that what they're doing was stupid right?
>>
>>30733206
Quite. Though that isn't saying much, those vehicles are death traps without being driving them straight into the teeth of the enemy.
>>
>>30733145

Their opponents in Iraq were corrupt and incompetent and/or were sold out/abandoned by their leadership. ISIL got as far as they did mostly on their balls and organization.
>>
>>30733252
just wanted to make sure there wasn;t any high level strategy that was simply going over my head

>>30733258
Are they still winning more or less?
>>
>>30733114
Allah and captagon is all daesh needs.
>>
MFW I will never get to operate with Abu Hajaar. He did nothing wrong!
>>
>>30733269

They are heavily entrenched in their seized territories. They are being rooted out, but it is taking time. Ultimately their dream of a state is doomed, but their audacity and propaganda will live on to inspire the next generation.
>>
>>30733341
I would love to watch an actual first world fighting force take them on

has that happened yet?
>>
>>30733351
There is no way Syria would be down for anyone not named Russia, Iran, or Lebanon putting troops on their soil. Iran and Lebanon aren't exactly first world, it's too politically sensitive for the USA, and too expensive and risky for Russia.
>>
Can you link the video that's being discussed here? There are a lot of Vice ISIS specials.
>>
File: #StopBullyingAbuHajaar.png (166KB, 618x600px) Image search: [Google]
#StopBullyingAbuHajaar.png
166KB, 618x600px
Leave him alone
>>
File: 1469258118703 (1).png (825KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
1469258118703 (1).png
825KB, 800x585px
>>30733669
>>
>>30733566

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM3ElTvF52I
>>
WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU ABU HAJAAR
>>
>>30733082
They needed to break through the fortified kurdish line, so the plan was to drive suicide trucks into the line, then drive APC's through the openings. This failed because the suicide trucks did not hit the targets and the hill was even more heavily fortified as the surprise was down from those suicide trucks.
>>
>>30733206
Yes the attack itself and the tactics employed were stupid. Obviously they have no one who LAV tactics.

But their ignorance is what sustains them. They seem to have a good supply of vehicles and people around to weld random plate to them. They also have plenty of people ignorant enough to drive them into hopeless situations with shit plans to carry their bumbling companions into a battle they can't possibly win.

I expect either the leadership is equally ignorant and believe these kinds of attacks will eventually win the war, or they know well the shit is useless but they have believe they have an endless supply of cannon fodder they might as well put to use.
>>
Is rolling away SOP for retreat in the desert or is it just ISIS being stone-aged retards?
>>
File: 1461895135823.jpg (77KB, 960x535px) Image search: [Google]
1461895135823.jpg
77KB, 960x535px
>>30733082
I want a movie about Abu Hajaar, cam guy and the bully.
Like they roll back to base and get sent on a repentance mission to Germany, but due to their incompetence hilarious hijinks ensue as they fuck a series of events up.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.