[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/. Just kinda looking for someone to comfort me, I guess.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (53KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 800x522px
Hey /k/. Just kinda looking for someone to comfort me, I guess. Bad shit just happened.

I'm visiting my parents for the week, and my mom just sat me down in her room and bawled her eyes out and pleaded me to sell all my guns. She told me that she didn't like me owning them, and she cried for over an hour, babbling on about how I'm going to get shot for owning them and whatnot. I was completely at a loss for what to say, so I just kinda up and left. I'm parked in a dark parking lot like a mile away from the house and I don't know how to handle this.

Guns are the only thing that really make me happy, and most of my money has gone into my guns. My mom has always been anti-gun, and if I don't sell my guns my relationship with my mother is basically over.

I didn't really know where to put this, so I'm writing it here. Sage it if it doesn't fit. Whatever.
>>
>>30674919
Suppose you could just ignore the rambling of a woman and keep ya funs.
>>
>>30674919
Just let her get over it and play the emotions game yourself too.

Ask her why she thinks all gun owners are homicidal maniacs who die when YOU are the very example of responsible gun ownership (as far as she knows).

And if it don't work, just tell her that politics should never get in the way of family, and that she should contact you only when she realizes that and respects your interests.

Because once they start getting grey hairs or become grandmas, thata when they get desperate for human contact and we'll see who acts like some morally superior saint then.
>>
>>30674919
Tell her you sold your guns
Don't sell your guns

Alternatively; tell her she's acting ridiculous and out of proportion and carry on with your day like you normally would
Next time you visit her and if she asks if you sold your guns, just say No and leave it at that
>>
>>30674919
You don't live with your parents, yet your mother wants to dictate how you spend your money?

Like any good relationship with family, I don't tell my parents how much money I actually spend on things.

If she's just irrationally anti-gun, there's nothing you can do about that aside from going on a week-long boating trip with your guns.
>>
File: image.jpg (408KB, 1080x1059px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
408KB, 1080x1059px
>>30674919
This is not that bad of a scenario. It could be worse. Just tell your Mom to stop being a leftist pansy and if she wants to end your relationship with her over some guns then let it end. You are a grown man and she can't control you. The alternative is selling your guns and being much less safe because of it.
>>
>>30674919
Just tell her that you have put so much time and money into guns and it has become sort of a hobby. Assure her that you know only to use them for self defense and that you are careful around guns and such. Im sure she is just worried for your well being and the safety of people around you
>>
>>30674974
First two sentences
>>
Heh, you have the right to do whatever the fuck you want with your money. If you know you are responsible with your weapons then fuck her.

Also if she's seriously throwing this large of a fit about you owning guns, you should hold on to them as tightly as possible.
>>
>>30674919
Be wary when she comes to visit you, she may take matters into her own hands if that's what she thinks need to be done to 'protect' you.
>>
>>30674919
she will always see you as her "baby" no matter how old you are, its just the nature of parents.

you have to tell her your a grown adult now. and that you are responsible enough to handle and manage such things, no different then driving a car (which has far higher casualty rates) or operating heavy equipment or power tools, without danger to self. reassure her you are responsible and safe.

but further than that I dont know how to help you anon, my folks have been either pro gun or indifferent
>>
>>30675101

HAHAHA watch her call the cops on anon

Seriously, what kind of mother is this manipulative?
>>
>>30674919
Just don't and say you did, OP.
You don't live with mommy and daddy so you can just not worry about it.
>>
As long as she knows you own guns, she can't consider all gun owners to be racist rednecks. You're causing her cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>30674919

Tell her you understand where she's coming from, in light of all the media attention on guns and the acts being perpetrated with them. Basically parrot her own stuff back to her but in your own words so she knows you get why she's concerned for you.

Tell her there are millions and millions of gun owners in the US who are responsible, and peaceful, and keep it to themselves. That those are the ones you never hear about. And that's the kind of person you are.

Tell her you love her and you don't want your relationship with her to be over, but this is something you enjoy as a hobby, and something you believe in as principle, and you're not going to change it. It's something that makes your life enjoyable. And remind her that no harm is going to come to you because of it.

She obviously cares about you so she might get mad at you for it, and yeah you might want to reschedule your visit for another time until she's had some time to process it. But I doubt she will cut you off from her life completely since she cares so much. Just don't be a dick about it and don't bring it up in the future.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 1200x960px
>>30674919
Get a nice safe and explain to her that you take gun safety seriously. Unneeded weapons are unloaded and secured, blah blah blah. That way she won't be able to use the crying mother tactic. Bet she gets pissed off when she realizes her big act didn't work.

In the unlikely event that she was sincere, then this plan still works, as it shows that you do respect her views/feels.

Source: have manipulative family.
>>
>>30674919
>mother threatens to break ties with you if you don't sell your guns
That just shows how little your relationship meant to her in the first place.
>>
>>30675154
It happens all the time. We've had mothers/auents/parents/wives destroy multi-thousand dollar collections out of spite and/or gun hatred.
>>
>>30674919
>mom just sat me down in her room and bawled her eyes out and pleaded me to sell all my guns.
>I was completely at a loss for what to say
Jesus christ OP, how dumb are you? Cry and agree with her. When she asks you why you are crying too say that you are sad because you can see your imminent rape and death at the hands of a nig-nog due to being defenseless

Let it get awkward and silent for a second

Then flip moods to assertive/dominant and remind her that her time for making decisions about your life has ended.
>>
>>30674919
What the fuck kind of beta cuck momma' boy are you? Just laugh and say no and get on with the evening. How old are you? Why would you give a flying fuck?
>>
>>30675150
>she will always see you as her "baby" no matter how old you are, its just the nature of parents.
As much as children need to be broken of their dependence on their parents, sometimes a child needs to break the attachment their parents have towards them. If you are grown up, moved out and they still see you as their "baby" you need to put your foot down. If they are treating you this way it points to submissive, childish behavior on your part.

More than anything, more than you being their baby, a parent really wants to see their kid able to stand on his/hers own two legs and hold their own.
>>
>>30674919
I'm lucky that my parents are pretty indifferent to my ownership of firearms. Unless you live with your parents or are dependent on them, this should be a non-issue.
>>
>>30675615
I'm 23. Always had trouble with this kinda shit.
>>
>>30674964
>>30674964
>>30674964

>>30674919

Hate to meme you OP, but first post best post.
>>
>>30675101
>>30675154

Yeah, I'd be weary anon. Buy a safe and make sure you don't tell anyone the combination or have a friend hold on to them for you. You may come home to find your mom scavenging through your house trying to find your funs to give away/sell. It's not like this is a arbitrary fear: anons have had SO's, family that have completely fucked them over
>>
>>30674919
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwXH4hNfgPg

watch this video, i know you probably wont but you should. maybe even show it to her.

it has nothing to do with guns, everything to do with what she's doing to you.
>>
>>30674919

Tell her if she is going to be the one that despite all evidence, chooses an irrational fear over a relationship with something that she pushed through her urethra, that she is the one who needs to now grow up.

Then ignore it altogether unless she is willing to at very least hear you out fully.
>>
File: ApSSg.jpg (31KB, 345x499px) Image search: [Google]
ApSSg.jpg
31KB, 345x499px
>>30675486

this
>>
>>30675664
Next time you want to let your parents cuck you, rack yourself in the dick. Seriously, just flat out sock yourself in the genitals.

Words will will not be able to convey the disgust you will feel for towards yourself when you reach your late 20s.

What you are doing needs to stop tonight. Now.
>>
>>30674964
damn thats a good idea
>>
File: 1462576299638.png (889KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1462576299638.png
889KB, 1001x1001px
>>30674919

Anon, here's the approach I've used on several very anti-guns family members (gf and mom, mainly). Don't lie, if you give a shit about them. At all cost, avoid anything political - gun laws, talking points, legislation, etc. "I understand how you feel about that. I feel really strongly about it too. Maybe we can discuss that after we address what's bothering you about my situation."

Start off simply:
>Okay, I'm willing to listen to whatever you have to say. Why do you feel the way you feel about guns?

Keep quiet for a bit, even when it seems like she's done. Try to be understanding. If you can't be genuinely, just fake it. Anti-guns usually know fuck all about guns, so if you take the time to listen to the ways in which they are misinformed, you can help target the areas she's lacking in. Really let her tire herself out. Once she's gone on for however long it is, restate what it is she said in a few words:
>So you're worried that I might accidentally shoot someone, or go crazy and kill a bunch of kids?

Don't mock her at this point, not worth the screaming. Try to state what she meant factually and plainly. If it still sounds ridiculous, it's because she's being fucking ridiculous.

If she rejects what you said, ask her to explain it some more so you can understand better. She probably doesn't know why she's upset - find a reason.

After she agrees with whatever statement you made, follow it up quickly by asking leading or open-ended questions:

>So why do you think that?
>Is it the news?
>Do I seem like a violent person? You know I would never harm, you right?
>When I handle guns, does it seem like I"m being unsafe?

If she starts to wain a bit, you've got her. Follow it up with reassurances:

>Well, if you'd like, I can walk you through some of the steps I take to ensure I'm safe around my guns.
>If you feel like I've been acting strangely, maybe we should see a therapist together and talk about it.
>>
>>30674919
No. It's a basic right to own them. Is she threatening to end her relationship with her son over something as small as this? I think she just doesn't want her son to be a gun owner. Tell her you are an adult and can make your own dicisions
>>
>>30676268
>Justifying freedom
>Getting into a long-winded gun control discuss with mom

You can go any way you want but ultimately leads back to
>B-b-b-bbbut think of the children!!!
Don't visit for a while buy a safe for your guns so you never find that your mother pawned all your shit a way
>>
>>30676721
No, you're using their feelings against them.
Logic and rationale are not the appropriate tools when dealing with someone who is too emotionally invested in a particular position.
>>
There's something else going on that you're probably not telling. I have the most liberal of liberal parents and they'd never 'break down crying, telling me to get rid of my guns'. Find out what it is in a respectful manner, and try to fix it if appropriate, or help fix it. In the mean time, avoid the topic all together and keep your shit locked up.
>>
File: 4.jpg (18KB, 320x176px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
18KB, 320x176px
>>30675720
>"watch this video, anon"
>*hover over "embed"*
>old man with animal hand puppets
>>
>>30677550
i know, but information is information. video changed my life desu.

it's up to you of course
>>
>>30677567
>PHD
>1 minute in and he's singing and playing guitar
>>
OP, fuck your mom. You can take that however you want, either way problem solved.
>>
Tell her you need guns for self defense after the MS13 raided your indoor marijuana plantation. Then shout Allah Akbar and leave.
>>
File: 1468355043626.jpg (66KB, 576x507px) Image search: [Google]
1468355043626.jpg
66KB, 576x507px
>2016
>Speaking to your mother after you move out

Get like me, OP. I haven't spoken to my mother in 3 years.
>>
>>30677592
yea, the same exact reaction i had. i'm glad i stuck it through though. i listen to the video up to a few times a month now. really good stuff

yfw you realize all anyone is ever saying is 'please' or 'thank you'

it will change your life
>>
>>30674919
this is one of the most basic manipulation techniques that women use

if you give in, it won't be the last time she does this. date the wrong girl and you'll get to see a replay.
>>
>>30674919

Don't fall for the mom meme

Did you have an active voice in your conception? Did you beg for her to shit you out of her cunt?

You don't owe her shit. Any attachment she feels for you, or vice versa. Is nothing but an evolutionary holdover. "Love" is electrical signals in brain goop. Congratulations, you're free to do whatever the fuck you want. Go wild.
>>
>>30677766
>all anyone is ever saying is 'please' or 'thank you'
Not even that. It's all "please". Profit is the only reason anyone does anything. "Thank you" is just planning for a future "please".
>>
>>30677777
Testing.
>>
>>30674919
DO. NOT. GIVE. IN.
>>
>>30675720
MCFUCKING KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>30677775
this.
>>
>>30675486
THIS
>>
>>30677834
what's wrong with wanting to give someone something they want if you are able to and or want to? that's the point of the video. please and thank you
>>
>>30674919
Just move on anon. I still live with my parents (not for much longer thank fuck), and was forced to sell my tokarev that way.
>>
>>30674964
First post...
>>
>>30674964
This
Remember, Hillary is a woman too anon.
>>
>>30677955
Who said anything about "wrong"?
>>
>>30674919
Ignore her feels and keep em. She literally has no fucking argument other than her hoplofobia.
>>
>>30677707
You know who else hasn't spoken to their mother since they moved out? That's right, the catfucker.
>>
>>30674919
Call her a cuck
>>
>>30674919
Do you still live at home? If not just lie. Tell her you sold them, if you still live there, just tell her the truth.
>>
>>30674919
>if I don't sell my guns my relationship with my mother is basically over.

It will blow over unless she is insane. No decent mother would end their relationship with their child over a simple disagreement like that.
>>
>>30674919
Ignore her, she's obviously emotionally unstable, and she'll realize it when you don't get mugged because you can defend yourself.
>>
>>30677967
did they make you sell it because "you live under MY roof"
>>
>>30674919
Guns make you happy.
Your mother makes you cry.
I think the choice is clear.
>>
do it billy. shoot your mom
>>
>>30677707
Dude. Call your mom.
>>
>>30674919
Your relationship with your mother won't die if you keep your gun's, she's genuinely concerned for your safety, either make her understand that your in no danger, lie to her and say you gave them away or give up and let your mother treat you like a child, you shouldn't let other people mold and change you by they're own will, be strong and keep your foot down.
>>
>>30676268
>So you're worried that I might accidentally shoot someone, or go crazy and kill a bunch of kids?
Nigger wath?
>>
>>30674919
That is... a tough call OP. I know my mom would never end our relationship just because i owned firearms. I gotta say though, your mother sounds like a libtard uneducated on firearms. If this is true, i would just ask her how she can be so against she knows nothing about. That would usually work out well in my family, as logic rules above all else.

Me personally, from where i come from, i know all too well that men and women died so that I could have these freedoms we all enjoy in America. To relinquish my belongings because someone someone wants me to (For stupid reasons especially) would just mean, to me at least, their deaths are in vain. So, if i was in your position, OP, I wouldn't hesitate to tell my mom to enjoy not seeing her son because i own an object. Id try to explain to her the benefits of owning them, blah blah etc. But if she still seriously was willing to cut our bonds because of that? I'd just leave her in her selfishness and stupidity.

TL;DR
See ya, uneducated idiot.
>>
>>30678708
Didn't keep it there because I wouldn't trust mom around it. Was more intense guilt tripping and crying until I caved.
>>
There's one factor no one seems to have considered. OP's mom may not be a crazy lib, it may be that OP had become so obsessed with firearms that his behavior seems bipolar to her and in fact might to many of us even.
You know, like the guy who collects snakes, but then gets into rattlesnakes and cobras and is always talking about playing with them and kissing them and letting them curl up in bed with him.
Just an alternate consideration, none of us know OP or his mom and he might be sending out a whole lot of legit unstable vibes. If it were my own brother, I'd worry if he seemed to be going down the path of some mentally questionable behavior in regards to his firearms.
>>
>>30675589
>THREAD
>>
>>30678859
>OP's mom found his Upotte doujins
>Notices he spoons a 70 year old rifle complete with bayonet when he sleeps
>Only ever refers to it as his "raifu"
>He says that it's only a prank and that his friends on "Kay" understand him

It's starting to make sense.
>>
>>30675720
>3+ hours long
tldw
>>
>>30679905
>Upotte doujinshi
Fucking kek
>>
i cant imagine having anti-fun parents. my first gun was actually a gift from my mom when i was a kid that she got from her dad when he passed. its just a cheap H&R 922 but i love that gun more than any in my collection
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 750x745px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 750x745px
>>30674919
Well, while she is your mother, sometimes you gotta do shit they don't like.

But.
BUT.
Here's an idea.
Try and convert her. Brig her out with a .22 and plink at some tin cans or something and see how she likes it.

Do a history of some of your surplus rifles (that helped with mine)

And also, last but not least, point out that marksmanship is kinda like golf but less expensive and obnoxious.

And if all else fails, fuck that.
Your mother raised you and if she doesn't like what you are, well, she had a chance to make you different but didn't so fuck her.
>>
Serious question: Is she menopausal? This would explain a lot.
>>
>>30674967
Spbp
>>
The ride won't end if you get rid of your guns. Give a camel a leg in the tent and eventually you will be outside sleeping in the sand.
>>
>>30680371
sand nigger confirmed
>>
>>30674919
Just pretend that they're all sold and hide them

problem solved
>>
>>30674919
She's just falling into (((their))) ploy to use pathos to convince you to give up your arms, don't give an inch, exert tour dominance. You are a grown responsible fun owner and have no reason to get rid of them.
>>
>>30674967
This
>>
>>30674919
Tell her if she wants to disown you over an inanimate object, then you are going accept that because you can't allow yourself to be burdened with someone who would do something like that.
Or tell her that if she really thinks that little of you, you cant ignore that.Then never talk to her again.Ever.
>>
>>30674919
>babbling on about how I'm going to get shot for owning them and whatnot
Well I'm sure your mother is a nice lady, but she's fucking retarded.

Actually, your mother is a shitty person, because good mothers teach their kids not to lie for money. Fuck off, shill.
>>
Tell her you sold your fun

Don't sell your fun

/thread
>>
>>30674919
your mother is menstruating.

she may despise the fact that you won guns, but she'll be fine in about a week.
note the date and mark your calendar. avoid visiting your parents when your mother's cunt is bleeding.
>>
>>30674919
You don't actually have to pay attention to womens' feelings OP, just tune the babbling out and go about your day. Female tears mean nothing, they just want to see if you're dumb enough to fall for it and they soon stop when they realise you ain't.
>>
>>30674919
just take your mom shooting and turn the anti into a pro
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 990x714px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 990x714px
>>30680515
This nigga knows.
>>
Ask if you can use your good boy points for guns instead of chicken tendies.
>>
>>30675664
Just give your mom the dicking she's been implying she wants from you. You gotta fuck your way out of this.
>>
>>30680397
>(((their)))
please die.
>>
>>30678823
*tips fedora*
>>
>>30680295
/thread
>>
OP a shit, no mother would sever contact with her own child over something so trivial as a disagreement over gun ownership.
>>
>>30674919
you're mom sounds like a whiny bitch.

reason with her

if not, just lie that you did
>>
>>30674919

Mom: It's me or the guns.

Me: So it's treason then...
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.