[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /k/, I've really been wanting to buy an AK lately. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Century-Arms-C39_AK_F.jpg (918KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
Century-Arms-C39_AK_F.jpg
918KB, 1000x665px
Hi /k/,

I've really been wanting to buy an AK lately. I want to buy the C39v2 from century arms. The gun store down the street has one for $650. Does anyone have experience with it?
>>
I dont Know Men zorry :c
>>
usually you will hear that theyre crap
as well as the RAS47
also get a new WASR
or save a little more and get something from arsenal

otherwise I have no personal experience with the c39, but it does have some decent reviews.
>>
I was going to get one of those about two weeks back but k told me not to, to go with an npap or wasr, then it turned into a wasr vs npap shit flinging thread and I bought an npap, I fucking love it.
But it's my first ak and I've never shot a wasr before so don't take my word for it, I just know I love my npap
>>
>>30661217
I've heard a lot of great things about the WASR as well, but apparently some people receive them with the sights bent to all hell, and other general fuckery.

My budget is about $750 and I've been reading that the c39 is a very solid budget ak
>>
>>30661263
The current production WASRs are a higher value option, and I would prefer them and their milled receiver over the C39's milled one.
>>
Should I get an under folder N PAP or a fixed stock. I prefer the idea of the under folder, but don't know about the execution.
>>
Just save up a little more for a DDI.
There are plenty of fine wasrs and century builds out there but you'll be much better off with the QC of DDI.
I'm not a fan boy just trying to keep you from getting burned by buying a wasr like I did that's now just a brick that sits in your safe.
>>
>>30661272
You're actually not the first to recommend the WASR to me, especially for my budget. I'm just in love with the idea of having an all polymer AK that's very reliable since I also want to keep it for SHTF scenarios.

Cheaperthandirt?
>>
>>30661313
Bro you can replace the furniture on a WASR
you don't need to buy it that way
>>
>>30661272
WASRs are not milled you fucking retard
>>
>>30661354
Meant to say stamped. I feel like the context of my post should have lead you to that conclusion.
>>
File: IMG_20160708_211909.jpg (3MB, 2260x4969px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160708_211909.jpg
3MB, 2260x4969px
>>30661183
AMD
M
D
>>
>>30661400
Why didn't they ever put an upper handguard on? It couldn't have been a matter of expense, could it?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Get a wasr and learn how to inspect it for issues before accepting the transfer.
>pic related
>>
>>30661183
LGS had one, they forgot to mill the notch into the rear sight. I'm not shitting you.
>>
>>30661414
You don't need an it with a fore grip. It also makes the rifle the lightest AK variant.(AMD-65)
>>
>>30661400
Where can you even get those anymore?
>>
>>30661414
Why are you of need upper handguard when have perfect good broomstick? Are you of want add capitalist peq16, maybe want add heavy flashlight.

HET
E
T
>>
I think I might just go with the WASR since I'm willing to spend some money down the line in order to temper it to my will.

>>30661452
I need to. I'm sort of a newfag when it comes to this. I'm accepting all legitimate advice at this point.
>>
>>30661363
Should, but the words of your sentence did not.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 351x597px)
image.jpg
56KB, 351x597px
>>30661494
Honestly if you want to get a ak lurk Akg for a couple of threads or check the archive all the info you need gets posted there.
>also there are a few videos on YouTube too
>>
>>30661472
Classic's got them for $540
>>
>>30661528
Does that have the chromed lined barrel or US one ?
>>
>>30661183
I don't know much about the C39v2, but the original C39s were shit
>>
File: IMG_20160717_202217.jpg (3MB, 4102x2952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160717_202217.jpg
3MB, 4102x2952px
>>30661559
Some chromemoly made in USA concoction are the barrels. Personally I have had no problems with mine. Most AR's don't have chromed lined barrels either. They are well built with no loose parts which is a big deal in AKs.
>>
It seems to me that there are 2 choices, either buy a WASR and spend as much as an arsenal, or buy an arsenal 107 series. I don't have the money for the 107 at the moment, but I'm perfectly fine with having to spend money here and there to make it into an AK Stalin would be proud of. Thanks, /k/
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3083x2263px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3083x2263px
>>30661714
I figured because of the longer barrel.
I sure it's fine I'm just autistic when I comes to aks.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.