[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any cryptid hunters on here? If so anyone willing to share their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 42

File: goose_on_fire.jpg (82KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
goose_on_fire.jpg
82KB, 900x675px
Any cryptid hunters on here? If so anyone willing to share their experiences? I'd like to meet up and go searching if anyone is in North Carolina.
>>
File: Beast of Bladenboro.jpg (40KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Beast of Bladenboro.jpg
40KB, 620x400px
>>30661107
Check out the Beast of Bladenboro since you're in NC or the Devil's Stomping ground.
>>
>>30661120
I'm from Bladen County and I've never heard of this beast of bladenboro.
>>
>>30661120
Cool, thanks for the leads.
>>
While we're on it, what's in Tennessee?
>>
File: kudzu1.jpg (42KB, 410x257px) Image search: [Google]
kudzu1.jpg
42KB, 410x257px
>>30661257
Kudzu
>>
>>30661312
That looks cool. Wish I were closer. Currently researching haunted spots near me in NC.
>>
>>30661331
Kudzu is intense. I guess I'll take to Google, too, then.
>>
>>30661355
Not much other than ghosts unfortunately. I was hoping to look for fleshgaits
>>
File: Bladenboro.jpg (232KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Bladenboro.jpg
232KB, 1920x2560px
>>30661129
>>30661190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmNc0bJ4fGI

I went out there innawoods about 3 years ago when I was still stationed in North Carolina. Didn't find much but it was still fun looking.
>>
>>30661549
Yeah. I was thinking about hunting for "gorps" but I dunno where their range is. I guess some urban exploring would be fun.
>>
>>30661572
Same, stationed at bragg currently. Everything of interest is an hour or more away unfortunately
>>
>>30661107
I pretty skeptical when it comes to this kind of shit, and by "pretty" I mean I basically don't believe in it. But that hasn't stopped me from having fun once in awhile.

I've done two cryptid "hunts" if you will.
One took place in Black Star Canyon in California. Me and some buddies went there in the dead of night and hiked some trails. We didn't see to much as we hiked into the canyon. We heard strange noises, sure, but that's to be expected. After hiking the trail and rummaging through some old abandoned shacks, we turned back. After a while, we noticed a single coyote was following us far back. We joked about skinwalkers and such, but he kept on following us until we were nearly back to our car. When we reached the gate that led back out to the "parking lot" we saw there was a single black SUV parked next to our car. We were a little weirded out since we hadn't encountered anyone else in the canyon, but we started walking toward our vehicle. About 10 feet away from the cars, the SUV fired up and sped of, kicking up rocks and gravel at us. We still aren't sure what the fuck that was all about. Maybe Wildlife and Fisheries ?

The other case was a local one. We had heard some accounts of people having run-ins with the "Mothman". Turns out, one of the witnesses was a friend of my mom's. We went to talk to her and found out that she and some guy had driven out into the country to do some undisclosed things in the backseat of his car. You know how it is. Anyways, that had basically just pulled over when a "creature that was easily 7 feet tall peered into the window. It had huge red eyes and was covered in fur." Apparently they both screamed bloody murder and sped off back to town. We investigated the area they claimed to have been in, but we never turned up anything.

Boring stories, maybe. But at least their true.
>>
>>30661653

Gorps hang out near bulk food markets. They are most often found sheltering in plastic bags and will sneak right into your pack if you're not careful. Since the advent of mylar packaging, gorps have preferred to live in them instead of other things (like their historically preferred plastic bags).

It's now common to find colonies of gorps living in mylar bags near gas stations and truck stops. They don't seem to mind the large amount of traffic.
>>
>>30661698
Haven't you talked about the first story in a thread where the OP called skinwalkers skiwalkers?
>>
>>30661735
What the he'll is a glorp?
>>30661698
Weird stuff happens in the desert man, same thing in the woods in WA where I'm from. Spooky shit goes down deep in the forest..
>>
>>30661748
I don't recall. Was it recent? Because I haven't posted in one of these threads for a really long time.

>>30661759
Indeed.
>>
>>30661735
We may be talking about different gorps.
>>
>>30661792
it was definitely before the summer, and if it was you, i think you were talking to someone else about black star canyon, and I remember you (maybe you) saying that story, but you actually seemed to be more spooked by it than you are now. That thread was the first one where I found out about skinwalkers, and I kind of remember the thread. I remember you mentioning the van and the lone coyote.
>>
>>30661107
GA is having a meetup in Helen, GA this coming weekend.... skinwalkers will be hunted
>>
>>30661748

No that wasn't me with the skinwalkers.

Those are really common around Black's Beach in the San Diego area. Frankly they're terrifying. People think one thing when they hear "skinwalker" but when you see them, it's COMPLETELY different. Most folks are not prepared when they see the skinwalkers around Black's Beach. Running screaming while vomiting is a pretty common response.
>>
>>30661849
Could have been. I post in so many 4chan threads that it's easy to lose track. I may have been dramatizing the spookiness for the thread back then, who knows.
>>
>>30661898
Dang, that's like a 6 hr drive :[ don't think I can make it
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 845x495px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 845x495px
WENDIGOS
E
N
D
I
O
S
>>
>>30661917
If I used a .45-70 400 grain lever action rifle with ash tipped bullets, woud that be an effective cryptid hunting gun?
>>
Not a cryptid hunter, but I experienced some shit on a deer hunt last fall that I can't explain

>Rural Canada
>Multiday solo hunt in mountain valley
>Above a creek walking a very old decommissioned logging road
>Totally overgrown and grassy, nobody comes here but me, perfect place for animals to feed
>My secret mule deer location
>Not having any luck for the last couple days
>Decide to hike further up the valley than ever before
>See something dark across the ravine, bear maybe?
>Hike over to investigate
>Turns out to be a cave
>Never knew it was here, cool
>Opening is small, but large enough to possibly squeeze through
>Hunt is going poorly, its already nearly noon...
>Fuck it, might as well do something interesting before heading back to camp
>Decide to check it out
>Pull out flashlight and climb up to entrance
>Can see that the cave opens into a larger chamber after 10 yards
>Start crawling through the hole
>Make it into chamber, stand up
>Splash
>Ankle deep water, frigid cold
>Look around with flashlight, doesn't appear to be anything in here except the puddle I'm standing in
>Lame
>Feel a bit dizzy, decide I'd better climb back out
>Next thing I know, I'm outside and it's dark out
>I'm soaking wet and shivering
>Don't remember crawling through the tunnel or leaving the chamber
>How the fuck did I get so wet? Even my hair was soaked
>Check watch, nearly 7:00PM
>Nearly 8 hours have passed since I entered
>Panic
>Confusion
>Run / hike back to camp as fast as possible while I still have some residual light
>Pack up my truck, drive home
>Couldn't sleep that night
>Felt really rattled all week after that

Can anyone explain what the fuck happened here? I don't know if I passed out or what. I don't know how I got out.

Friend of mine says I found an entrance to the Fae, and they removed me.

I should also mention I was hunting on historic Native land, and the local tribe still does weird "baptisms" in the aforementioned creek (stumbled upon it once; another story).
>>
File: image.png (734KB, 1024x2429px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
734KB, 1024x2429px
>>30661107
Obligatory
Also white ash is either the tree or ash made from burnt bones.
>>
>>30661974
Great story. Tell your other one too please!
>>
>>30661974
You found the Great Fairy Fountain!

Did you feel completely rejuvenated after you woke up?
>>
>>30661735
>>30661759
>>30661815
kek
Good Ol Raisins n Peanuts
Its trail mix you nutters
>>
was
>>30661986
meant for
>>30661952
?
>>
>>30661974
You found a Fae cave. You're lucky to have made it back out.
>>
If you ever go back into Wooly Swamp son you better not go at night
There's things out there in the middle of them woods
That'd make a strong man die from fright
There's things that crawl and things that fly
And things that creep around on the ground
And they say the ghost of Lucias Clay gets up and it walks around

[Chorus:]
But I couldn't believe it, I just had to find out for myself
And I couldn't conceive it, I never would listen to nobody else
No I couldn't believe it, I just had to find out for myself
That there's some things in this world you just can't explain

The old man lived in the Wooly Swamp way back in the gurgling woods
And he never did do a lot of harm in the world
But he never did do no good
People didn't think too much of him
They all thought he acted funny
The old man didn't care about people anyway
All he cared about was his money
He'd stuff it all down in Mason jars and bury it all around
But on certain nights if the moon was right
He'd dig it up out of the ground
He'd pour it all out on the floor of his shack
And run his fingers through it
Old Lucias Clay was a greedy old man
And that's all there ever was to it

[Chorus]

The Crayton boys were white trash they lived over on Parvis Creek
They were a real snake and sneaky as a cat
And belligerent when they'd speak
One night the oldest brother said ya'll meet in the Wooly Swamp later
We'll get old Lucias' money and we'll pitch him to the alligators
They found the old man out in the back with a shovel in his hand
And thirteen rusty Mason jars he just dug up out of the sand
And they all went crazy and they beat the old man
Then they picked him up off the ground
Then they threw him in the swamp and they stood there and laughed
Till the black water sucked him down
>>
>>30662012
The other story is pretty long, and there's a lot more to it than the "baptism" my friends and I witnessed. I've got a lot of the details written out in my hunting journal (pls don't make fun), so maybe I can dig that out and put together a short greentext version...

>>30662026
No, I was terrified and very hungry. As I mentioned I was unable to sleep that night and felt "off" for a number of days afterwards.

I tried to find that cave again earlier this Spring to show it to friends who don't believe my story, but I was unable to. Either the mountain is too overgrown and its lost in the green, or it isn't where I remember it being.
>>
>>30661974

There was little oxygen or some poisonous gas in the cave so you passed out/had a very bad high for a couple hours rolling around in the water.
>>
File: Blue.jpg (3MB, 4984x2328px) Image search: [Google]
Blue.jpg
3MB, 4984x2328px
central arkansas cryptids?
seems like an interesting trip
>>
>>30662109
Not him, but what is a Fae Cave?
>>
>>30662116
That'd be great man! Cool you keep a journal too.
>>
>>30661952

Certainly the random shit that shows up on Black's Beach, yes, the 45-70 would work great. Your challenge is that skinwaklers are a protected species in Cali, and Black's Beach is inside the city limits (discharging a firearm in the city limits is illegal.)
>>
>>30662116
Nothing wrong with a journal man
>>
>>30662053

Oh, FFS. You can't just let it go.
>>
>>30662113

Dude. My cousin and I used to listen to that shit on 8-Track for HOURS while playing Risk,

That and Sultans of Swing. He thought it was a reference to roosters. Don't ask.
>>
Hey Creepfinder, I forgot the site to email you on. Had some questions about Arcadia in August
>>
>>30662176
I'm not the black beach guy, I was just asking in general, since I live in an area with some shit that goes down, not all of which is skinwalker/wendigo, and I was wondering if it was versatile enough to use in multiple situations.
>>
>>30662117
This is kind of how my rational mind has always put it -- lack of oxygen in the cave leading to some serious disorientation. Must have fallen down in the water before dragging myself out and passing out near the entrance. But I don't remember any of that and I don't even know if lack of oxygen does that to you. I just feel very lucky I was able to make it out at all.

Still... what gets me is that I was soaked. Absolutely soaked. I don't even think it's possible to saturate my clothing and hair with that much water in an ankle deep puddle. It wasn't very big. It was literally like a rain puddle on the side of the road.

I dunno man. I might try to find the cave again (with more people) some day when there's less lively green foliage.
>>
How do y'all pronounce "wendigo".

I always said pronounced it with a short "i" sound like "wen-di-go" but I recently started watching Supernatural and they pronounce it like "wen-dee-go".

So which is it?
>>
>>30662121
Wildcat Ridge and The Forks, near Truman.

Crazy shit out there. Some people say devil worshippers.
>>
>>30662137
An entrance to the Fae lands, or a place they frequent, I can't remember which.

The reason it's probably Fae is how time passed so quickly. The Fae lands experience time much slower than we do, hence the sudden night-time upon exiting.
>>
>>30662258

I always heard "WEN-duh-go." There's a variation of wetiko (weh-TEE-koh) that's from another native nation. They seem to be all northern tier states.
>>
>>30662258
"When-dee-go"
>>
>>30662258
I say Wen-dee-go.

Sounds more Indian
>>
>>30662274
Stupid question, but a Fae is...?
>>
>>30661815

His gorp is the one I was talking about. Thought you were sandbagging. Sorry bro.
>>
>>30662311

A fairy, boy. Haven't you ever heard of fairies?
>>
Are there any cryptids in Idaho or Montana? I heard mabye wendigos in Montana but I would like to hunt for them
>>
>>30662221

I was pulling your chain with the skinwalker shit. Black's beach is a clothing-optional beach and it's mostly old fags with saggy shit. Hence running and wretching.

Seriously though, The best thing for skinwalkers is staying the fuck away from where they hang out. They feed on fear, and you hunting them makes them stronger because they feed off your fear. They find you with it too.

Wendigo is something you don't have to look for. It's a spiritual version of the Black Eyed Kids. If you invite it in, it takes root and spreads through you. Kind of a spiritual sickness virus that you catch voluntarily and you have to fight like Hell to get rid of it.
>>
>>30662317
kek
>>
>>30661107
What's in eastern PA?
>>
>>30662318
yes, just not faes.
>>
>>30662376
Yes to Montana. I've hunted around lot of deer I'm those woods and have gotten spooped many times
>>
Anything in Northern Nevada? I've heard of some stuff by Wells but not any specific stories
>>
>>30662408
Fae is the old spelling.
>>
>>30662379
Are you saying that inviting wendigos in will turn you into one, or it will make you spiritually sick?
>>
>>30662410
Thanks boi. Do you have any specific locations?
>>
>>30662376
Montana is pushing it a little for Wendigos. They are usually sighted near the great lakes area or near the northern Atlantic coast. Maybe look into the Shunka Warakin.

>>30662439
Not him, but a wendigo is essentially an evil spirit. If you're hunting wendigos, what you're really hunting is a human being who was possessed by a wendigo spirit and who kills and eats human beings.
>>
Anyone have the skin walker summoning instructions with the string and the candles?
>>
>>30662461
Thanks man
>>
>>30662455
Big Bear Lake near four corners has had the most activity for me personally
>>
>>30662408
The Fae are generally speaking magical creatures of all sorts, not just fairies.

It's more referring to an entire race instead of a particular species.

But poster probably got BTFOed by fairies, from the sounds of it.
>>
File: the-secret-saturdays.jpg (106KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
the-secret-saturdays.jpg
106KB, 540x720px
>>30661107

>cryptid
>>
>>30662498
Dec show, would comf in afternoons again
>>
File: Cryptid Creep Hunting Guide 1.png (2MB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Cryptid Creep Hunting Guide 1.png
2MB, 1275x1650px
Here's some guides that were written up back in 2013.
>>
>>30662498
>>30662515

I liked it, would have been a lot better if Milftastic Drew were the star and not her kid.
>>
File: Cryptid Creep Hunting Guide 2.png (975KB, 1275x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Cryptid Creep Hunting Guide 2.png
975KB, 1275x2100px
>>30662531
>>
Central Florida? We have lots of forest, big one I know of is Ocala national Forest
>>
>>30662404

The Yardley Wolf. There's also been a dogman sighting in Schwenksville recently.
>>
>>30662551
>jackalope
Fuck you those things are like piranha
>>
>>30662592
Skunk Ape is the only one I can think of.
>>
File: RcFeSz1.png (449KB, 1400x2700px) Image search: [Google]
RcFeSz1.png
449KB, 1400x2700px
Here's the guide to summon a skinwalker guys, sorry about the size, best I could do. Just zoom in or use a magnifying glass
>>
File: Cryptid Creep Hunting Guide 3.png (970KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Cryptid Creep Hunting Guide 3.png
970KB, 1275x1650px
>>30662551
>>
>>30662601
A few Dogmen sightings in Texas as well.
>>
>>30662531
>>30662551
>>30662636
Thanks CreepFinder!
>>
File: image.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>30662635
That'll summon a trickster. Not a skinwalker. You do not want to summon a skinwalker. What is wrong with you people?
>>
>>30662721
What's that? Also, it isn't a summon, it's completely dependent on whether or not there is one near you. It helps attract one, but it is not a guaranteed summon.
>>
>>30662026
Zelda/10.
>>
>>30662721
>You do not want to summon a skinwalker. What is wrong with you people?
People whose only knowledge of skinwalkers comes from 4chan greentext probably view it as pulling aggro on a raid boss that has more HP than a normal animal but can still be handled fairly easily.

Those people are wrong.
>>
>>30662696
Anytime, this is what I used to spend most of my time on /k/ and /x/ talking about years ago.

Also, for those wanting a "special" round. Take a hollow point, fill the tip with white ash, seal with either silver or wax, make sure there isn't any left over material that may cause a blockage when fired.

White Ash kills Skin Walkers, Silver kills most "Supernatural entities" and the bullet kills everything else.
>>
>>30662721
>>30662784

Actually, I don't think it's even possible to summon a skinwalker. They're not an unbound spirit. They're still tied to this plane.
>>
>>30662721
I'm a cocksure young guy looking to interact with the paranormal. If I could find something related to werewolves I'd go after that, but that tends to be in Europe. Going after stuff near me instead. Elaborate on the trickster thing too please
>>
>>30662766
That's what a summon is. A calling of something to you. A trickster is basically a spirit/entity that will fuck with you for shits and giggles.
>>30662784
This anon gets it. You don't fight Skinwalkers. You don't summon them. You don't do shit except ward against them.
>>
>>30662825
Not him, but you don't want to fuck with a Trickster.

Imagine a godlike being who can alter reality on a whim. Does that sound like something you can hunt? No. It fucks your life up and carries on its merry way.
>>
>>30662825
You're a fucking idiot is what you are.
>>
>>30662787
I'm not one of the /x/men, but what are the uses of salt, sage, and silver/ what is the significance, and what is sage?
>>
>>30662874
K
>>
>>30662787
>White Ash kills Skin Walkers,
That's unproven. Plus we don't know if white ash refers to the tree or ash made from burnt bones.
>Silver kills most "Supernatural entities"
Not the Fae.
>>30662823
That is true.
>>30662906
Salt perseveres things and can be blessed. It wards off nasty stuff.
White Sage. Not the cooking kind. When burnt creates a negative ion area and/or drives away negatively based entities. You could also use holy water blessed anyone who is skilled enough or look up the guide to make holy water based on the Key of Solomon.
>>
>>30662963
Where would I find non-cooking kind white sage?
>>
>>30662963
>Plus we don't know if white ash refers to the tree or ash made from burnt bones.

Where have you ever read of bone meal being used against Skin Walkers because this is the first time I've ever heard anyone suggest that. I mean, we're debating ways to kill supernatural beings so I'm not contesting to a "right vs wrong" stance here but it's always been referred to White Ash from a wood fire, specifically an Ash Tree if you want to be extra cautious.

>Not the Fae.

Fae don't like Silver or Iron.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>>30663001
Any metaphysical store or hippie type place should sell it in bundles. Pic related.
>>
>>30663093
Heard it from a Navajo last year. Guy was nervous as hell when I brought up Skinwalkers. The gist of his "advice" was to just stay away from them. Plus white ash doesn't grow anywhere near skinwalker territory.
>Fae don't like silver
Never heard of that one before. I've always heard of the iron bane.
>>
>https://youtu.be/YIVn-GJJxYk?t=13m10s

>shot at thing twice with 30-06 ballistic
>only piss it off even more

The guy's hunting buddy also was an asshole, since he wanted the guy to kill it for him since he did something to it to for it to terrorize his family. He later moved and the property placed under a "controlled area."
>>
>>30662217
Sorry didn't notice this comment til now.

You can email me at any of the following.
[email protected] or for Arkadia Ranch

[email protected] or use the contact page on the website www.arkadiaranch.com

>>30663147
>Plus white ash doesn't grow anywhere near skinwalker territory.

Kinda makes sense doesn't it? The tree they hate doesn't grow near them? Who knows, maybe you're right. I don't intend to see one to test the wood white ash theory out but I'll try it if I have to.

Silver is kind of a "catch all" though I guess if you had a choice iron is the preferred go to weapon against fae.
>>
Hoosier here looking for some adventure.

I can offer a .22 survival rifle, a .177 pellet rifle, my virgin asshole, and a knowledge of the land.
>>
>>30663244
That is true in a way, but my point is no one but Navajo have Skinwalkers in their folklore. Either way yeah I'm not testing these theories out in the desert.
>>
>>30663282
>Either way yeah I'm not testing these theories out in the desert.
Why not, anon? What's the worst that can happen?
>>
>>30662787
>>30662963
>>30663093
If I were to make the bone whit ash, would I be able to use chicken bones or use bones in the meat I can buy from a grocery store, or would it somehow be less effective, and if it were, how the hell would I find real human bones?
>>
>>30662635
>Russian Anon fucked a skinwalker

Never gonna forget that shit.
>>
>>30663321
I have no freaking idea what bones to use or what rites just be done to make them "proper". I just know what he told me.
>>
>>30663341
Anyone have that screencap? Need it for my collection of innawoods spoopyness.
>>
>>30663380
This was more for CreepFinder, but I mentioned your post since it talked about white ash.
>>
>>30661107
ive hear of a place i think its called panic point or something like that. never been, no idea if its good or not
>>
>>30663320
Gee I wonder.
>>30663446
And?
>>
>>30663535
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>30663282
Yeah, Skinwalkers are a Navajo lore. I can't find the link but there was a NatGeo show about Tribal Police and a couple Tribal officers stopped by some Navajo dudes' trailer out in the desert of New Mexico on weapons violation charges or something. They asked the dudes why they had the weapons and they said it was for self defense, that Skin Walkers were in the area trying to get inside and shit.

I need to find that episode again.

>>30663320
>Why not, anon? What's the worst that can happen?

I wouldn't worry about it.

>>30663341
>>30663392
Damn, that's the one where the guy loses his grandpa's 1911 right? How did I not save that one.

>>30663321
>>30663380
>>30663446
I would advise against using human remains for any rituals. I'm not a Paranormal Expert but what I've read does not speak highly of the outcomes revolving around using human remains for rituals regardless of the intent. Seems Also, there's the obvious legal issue.
>>
>>30661107
Thought the role-playing threads were confined to /x/
>>
Wash Woods
>>
>>30663620
wuld u liek tew arrrrrrrrpee?
>>
>>30663645
every fucking time.
>>
File: 1345756580455.jpg (9KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1345756580455.jpg
9KB, 320x240px
>>30663620
You never know, /k/omrade.

We can all joke around in these threads, sharing tales of creatures from our wildest dreams. But sometimes....sometimes dreams can become reality.

Better to be a little prepared and have a little confidence than to be completely blindsided, no?
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 750x516px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 750x516px
>>30663586
Yeah Navajo do not fuck around with them. They hear about them in an area and its white folk get out then the big guns come out.
>anon lost gramp's 1911
Is it? I was talking about the skinwalker/goatman rape one.
Have a screen grab from 4+4chan
>>
File: image.png (160KB, 800x1318px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
160KB, 800x1318px
Katyusha
This one creeps me out a bit.
>>
>>30662461
I live in West Canada, and the way the local Indians talk about them is they don't possess you, you let them in like the other anon said. You do so by eating others, and this turns your body and soul into one of them. They apparently hunt in packs, and on nights that they will hunt, they begin calling it out as the sun goes down. These calls sound like shrill blasts from a whistle. And so to avoid them, you whistle whenever you go outside. This tricks them into thinking you too are a wendigo, and so out of respect for your hunting grounds, they'll leave alone. Until you walk into another's hunting grounds
>>
How true to the lore is Supernatural, obviously excluding plot points, such as salt, iron, etc?
>>
File: Army VS Missouri Goat Man ..png (284KB, 1380x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Army VS Missouri Goat Man ..png
284KB, 1380x1366px
>>30663724
Oh yeah, I've got the Missouri Goatman one, well one of the stories. If this is the one you meant.
>>
>>30663817
That's a good explanation. I guess "possession" was just a simplified way of trying to get the point across.

>>30663822
It's actually fairly accurate regarding most things. Obviously some of the stuff has to be toned down for television purposed, but yeah.
>>
File: image.jpg (242KB, 750x1206px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242KB, 750x1206px
>>30663822
Even if you don't believe it. It's the truth.
>>30663825
Pic related
>>
Know of any good Utah stories?
>>
>>30663885
Beware of Mormons.
>>
>>30663894
Well other then them and their magic underwear.
>>
>>30663894
top kek
>>30663885
Um...The usual sasquatch sightings..Bear Lake monster.. and I think Thunderbirds? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>30661107
Where in Best Carolina?
>>
>>30662376
Get out in the Bob or Great Bear Wilderness. Vast expanses untouched by civilization. Who knows what's out there? It's going to be far less tame than a lake near fucking Four Corners >>30662491
>>
>>30663885

Something was chasing a car somewhere on Highway 191, between Monticello and Moab, back in 2010.

The person pulled over on the shoulder for a piss break, and they saw something "hobbling" in the distance towards them. It was approaching fast, so the guy got back in his truck and drove off. The thing matched the speed of the vehicle and was tailing it for a little bit. The guy mentioned it look mangy with dark fur and big black eyes.
>>
>>30663822
It's alright for a TV show. They started with the baseline of Supernatural mythos and lore and in the later seasons twisted things to their needs for the sake of plot and making an entertaining television show.

I thought their use of Salt, Silver, and whatnot was pretty good though some little details bothered but more because I prefer certain versions of lore over ones they used.

Like Vampires being able to break into someones home. A lot of lore claims Vampires need your permission to entire a room that you're in, if not they're either physically prohibited from entering or they start bleeding from every orifice until 1 they die, 2 you give them permission to enter, 3 they leave the room.

Also I thought the concept of a vampire making the victim drink their blood to turn them into a vampire was weird and done partly to set the show's lore a bit from other shows at the time.

>like bullshit where Vampires sparkle in the day light

That's my shitty /tv/ review.
>>
File: okv4dsifsep6lclidcsy.jpg (64KB, 652x456px) Image search: [Google]
okv4dsifsep6lclidcsy.jpg
64KB, 652x456px
>>30661312
>>
>>30664054
>That's my shitty /tv/ review.

That isn't a /tv/ review. A /tv/ review of Supernatural would look something like this:

"No good waifus and Sam isn't enough of a big guy. 0/10"
>>
>>30664054
>lore claims Vampires need your permission to entire a room that you're in
No vampires need permission to enter a house or specifically cross the threshold.
>>
>>30664106
>to enter a house or specifically cross the threshold.

That's what I meant and what I should have stated. Once they're in the same building as you they can enter any room.

Good example is the scene in "Let the Right One In" when the young boy tells the vampire girl to follow him without giving him permission to enter the abandoned building he was in. She starts bleeding from my eyes, ears, nose mouth etc.

>>30664099
Well that's a relief.
>>
>>30663885
Skinwalker Ranch
>>
>>30664386
Info about Skinwalker Ranch. Place is freaky.

There's a book out there too on pirate Bay.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinwalker_Ranch

http://www.skinwalkerranch.org/

http://www.openminds.tv/army-colonel-reveals-amazing-skinwalker-ranch-stories-video/24626
>>
>>30661107
>>>/x/

The only monsters /k/ believes in are skinwalkers. get the fuck out
>>
File: 1458779249138.jpg (76KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458779249138.jpg
76KB, 960x720px
Any /k/ommandos in the 801 area of UT down to go look for spooky shit in the local woods or whatever? Or at the very least any people from UT know of any cool sp00ky places around the 801 area?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Mk7w_c3tI
>>
>>30661974
You inhaled too much Bat shit gas, and passed out.
>>
>>30662635
Thoroughly spooped
>>
>>30661698
>About 10 feet away from the cars, the SUV fired up and sped of, kicking up rocks and gravel at us.
You caught some people fucking. Way to kill the mood.
>>
>>30665149
Anyone that decides to go fuck in their car...in Black Star Canyon...at the dead of night, needs to go get their heads checked. Besides, why would they park right next to us?
>>
>>30665201
Swingers perhaps?
>>
>>30665210
>>30665210
Kek
>>
>>30661107
Sure OP, I'm in NC you got kik or any way to get in touch?
>>
>>30661942
what's the best caliber to stop a wendigo dead on it's tracks? would a .45-70gvt do the trick?
>>
>>30662258
Wen-deeh-go, since I'm mexican I pronounce it the way it's written, also pronouncing it like that sounds more indian to me...

btw if there is any cryptids that scare me shitless, is the wendigo, that shit is bad mojo man
>>
>>30662379
weren't Wendigos originated because some dumb indians resorted to cannibalism during winter and the spirit of the Wendigo has continued to live on but now instead of cannibalism throught some spoopy shit?
>>
>>30663759
Holy shit that Russian fucked up. Goddamn fucking a shapeshifter AND giving your address to it fucking hell...not even i fucked up that badly and I ran into the same one twice.

>>30663885
Typical desert and middle of nowhere bullshit.

Something about empty late night deserts and being in the middle of nowhere does terrible things.
>>
>>30666490
>fucking a shapeshifter
LITERALLY my fetish aside from mind control and breast expansion (but you bet your ass shapeshifting rings that bell too).
>>
I have some spoopy stories from being innawoods in Florida. The first one I was by myself

>hunting deer in the fall
>in a tree stand
>it's starting to get dark out
>suddenly see a light through the trees
>pull up bino's to see wtf it is
>see a small orb of light drifting through the woods
The only way I can describe it was that it was flickering like a torch and was slowly moving as if someone was holding it and walking.
>I can see it moving in front of and behind trees
>can clearly make out the light reflecting off the brush around it
>can't see a person holding it, or any body parts for that matter
>I watch it slowly move from my right to my left and out of sight
Never have seen it again and I've hunted in that same tree stand for the past couple years.
The other story is long and I'm on my phone so I won't green text it.
>>
>>30666615
About 4 years ago when I was 18 I went camping with 2 friends. The campsite is about a 45 minute walk from the spot where the parking area is, but only if you cut through the woods. If you follow the stream, it's about 2 hours. We get to the campsite and set everything up, and get a small fire going about a hour before the sun sets so we can cook some food (we ate it all so no worries about bears or coons). It gets dark and we are just chilling and joking around.

Suddenly we hear coyotes yipping all around us. And I can see about 5 pairs of eyes circling the site. We just laugh it off, I have my ar and my friend has a 12 gauge. Eventually the coyotes fuck off and we get into the tent to sleep. But that's when the weird shit started to happen.

I was sleeping on the outside edge of the tent, and I noticed a light moving through the woods (it's about 30 degrees out so nobody should be wondering through the woods this deep without a reason). I whisper to my friend and we both grab our guns. I slip out of the tent first (fire died so no light from it) and he comes out with a spotlight.

I countdown and on 1 he turns the light on, pointing it at the light that's about 50 yards away. As soon as he turns it on, the light dissapears, and we can't hear any running through the leaves, it's just gone. At this time we are a little freaked out and we go back into the tent cuddling our guns. After about 15 minutes of laying there trying to sleep I start to hear noises.
The noises sounded like a hog rooting through the ground and grunting, except instead of short bursts of noise, this was going on for about 5 seconds before a 2 second pause between them.

I'm freaking out, but don't want to wake my friends up over a hog fucking around in the mud so I just lay there trying to sleep.
Part 1/2
>>
>>30666664
Im about to fall asleep when I start to hear splashing from the creek that runs about 10 yards behind the tent, like something ran through it. I get my ar ready, and get prepared for something to smash into the tent.
But the sound of whatever it was running stops and I can hear heavy breathing (literally right outside the tent).

No lights means I can't see the outline of whatever it is, but I know it's waiting for something. I'm literally shaking in my sleeping bag, with my hands on my ar, ready to flip the safety off.

I hear footsteps of whatever it was slowly walking away, and I think it's gone so I try to go to sleep.

About 10 minutes later, I hear small objects hitting the ground right outside the tent (not acorns or leaves, more like rocks and branches). I hear 12 different sounds (I counted) of stuff landing around us, before it stopped.

I finally went to sleep and woke up just as the sun was coming up. I went out without waking my friends up so I could figure out what happened without freaking them out.

As I leave the tent I see different sticks that were laying around the tent (we cleared the area out and piled up our wood for the fire) from whatever it was that was throwing it at us. I checked the area out and found footprints of someone who wasn't wearing shoes that came within 2 feet of the tent, before turning away. We packed up and nope'd out of there when I told them about what happened.

I should say that there are no houses around the site, I've hiked through the woods before and have gone for 3 hours before I came across a field that looked like someone took care of the land. The area that's most frequented by others is right around the area we parked, that way families are close to the road. And the land we were on was public land that no one owned, and no signs were posted about trespassing.

Haven't been back since, but maybe one day I will.
>>
>>30662687
Where in texas?
>>
>>>30666666
>>
>>30666362
If lore is to be trusted, pretty sure you have to burn them to death. I think all the "white ash" stuff is for skinwalkers and the like.

if it's a wendigo like the other anon described where it's a spiritual illness type deal and you're insane with bloodlust, you can probably just shoot them dead with whatever.

>>30666401
Wendigos are old Indian legend. Magical stuff.
A lot of different tribes partook in eating people voluntarily. Some specifically to gain magical properties.

The people that resorted to cannibalism and turned "Wendigo" were miners in the north during harsh winters where they got snowed in away from civilization and supplies.
>>
I've posted this before but I just want people to know about bigfoot.

They are not to be messed with. They know what guns are. If you're deep innawoods hunting, randomly flick your safety off. Chances are they aren't in the area but if they are they'll react to the safety going off. If you come face to face with one don't shoot it unless it charges you. If you do have to shoot them shoot them through the eye socket. There is no other way.

Please stay safe /out/ there friends.
>>
Supposedly there's a Bigfoot in the Uwharrie mountains near Eldorado in Montgomery county. My father knows the guy that supposedly saw it and says he's always been full of shit. He's just finally found a story people believe.
>>
>>30664681
That pic isn't nearly as creepy when you notice that some of the horses are cast from the same molds.
>>
>>30666811
West Texas and pan-handle mostly.
>>
>>30662601
Where do you find out about these sightings
>>
>>30661257
Mostly black panthers. I hear about them all the time, especially from old people and fudds. We also apparently have a wild man and devil monkeys. There was a pretty famous devil monkey sighting back in the 1930's pretty close to me, but I've never heard about them locally.
>>
File: image.png (627KB, 1420x764px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
627KB, 1420x764px
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 640x360px
Beware of goatmen.
>>
>>30668501
Forgot link.
http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2016/04/supposed-maryland-goatman-observed-by.html
>>
File: EDIT.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
EDIT.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
I've regularly gone innawoods intending to find spooky but instead only find Appalachian meth heads and illegal drug sites.
Pic related was clearing a cave during early spring.
(only was cans, only thing worth noticing was a stoned off deeper cave passageway.)
>>
File: IMG_6989.jpg (198KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6989.jpg
198KB, 640x480px
>>30668622
The forest here is dense in some spots and jungle in others. Generally,you can't see/smell the things on the other side of a hill, but you can hear them.

If this sounds obvious or confusing, you don't know Appalachian mountain hills. Picture a corrugated trough. If you are in one hollow of the corrugation, the other hollows on either side of you, you might have LOS in winter or late fall, but by spring the woods is leafed up and you are lucky to hear anything.
>>
>>30668622
>>30668650
Where at in Appalachia?
>>
File: IMG_6982.jpg (147KB, 408x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6982.jpg
147KB, 408x640px
>>30668650
Puc related is a one and a half yard cliff obscured by brush. If any of you guys go innawoods, be mindful to go slow.

Another handy thing to know is about animal traffic. It generally follows the main stem of the trough, where a creek usually is, but they might make a trail up a hollow for a feild or saddle crossing (Where two troughs are beside each other like big corrugations, and the land is flat and crossing over on a low 'saddle' is easy going). These make great ambush points, because hillbillys and white trash will almost always use a trail, the exception is when making a exit from a hollow when trying to get sneeki breeki
>>
File: IMG_7024.jpg (59KB, 480x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7024.jpg
59KB, 480x324px
>>30668688
Central appalachia.

>>30668704
Pic related is a saddle.
People doing shady things don't like the open, neither do animals or spooky.
People on other peoples land w/o permission tend to get shot at. Spookys are presumably aware of this. Animals are just paranoid but will cross in the open. Bucks use this point in the fall, but haven't since the landowner gave his daughter and her husband land that has a 500 yard line of fire on this saddle.

Pic related was taken when pursuing a trespasser, he crossed the hollow into the woodlne yonder just as I got into position at the fence. So I took a picture for telling the story.
>>
File: IMG_1791.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1791.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>30668739
Spooky story for the thread
>Be innawoods
>Camping in USGI canvas tent
>Have a nice ground insulation below me and MSS to sleep in
>Sometime around midnight, wake up with the chills
>Something is sniffing my tent
>Big sniffs
>Be a silent bitch
>It goes away
>Next morning cant find any prints around tent
>Camp undisturbed
>Probably some animal
>Pack up kit and load up for a patrol
>Find nothing but wildlife
>Don't shoot anything
>go home and open /d/
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468863496891.jpg (128KB, 1135x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468863496891.jpg
128KB, 1135x640px
I live In in the mountains of VA, and I have an experience. We a 140 pound pitbull/bull mastiff mix that we keep outside on nice nights. Well one night i hear him hollering and screaming, so I run and grab my bear gun loaded with slugs, because we have a lot of black bears and run out to grab him. We keep him chained up in our treeline because he likes it. Now mind you, this is a monster of a dog, we give him car tires to shred for toys. I get over to his area and cant find him, at this point I'm super on edge and it's wicked dark out. I hear him whimpering and find him hiding under a bush, he had tried to dig a hole under it, paws were bloody, face covered in dirt, and that's when I see it. About 20 feet away going up the hillside I can make out the shape of something that had to have been pushing 7 feet tall. Spindly as shit with a tiny head. I come close to shifting my pants, level my shotgun, and fire off 5 slugs as quickly as I can. I hear a scream, and before I can reload I hear whatever it was take off through the brush. Now I'm a good shot, and I sure as duck didn't miss at 20 feet with a 12g. At that point I'm on the verge of losing it, so I unleash my dog, and he hauls ass inside. Bout an30 minutes later our closest neighbor pulled into the driveway to see what was going on, as neither of us shoot after dark. I told him what had happened, and he mentioned that the past couple of nights someone or something had been letting the air out of his tires. The next day him and I head out on my property looking for a trace of whatever it was, and all we found was some routes out rope near a rocky outcropping along with a busted up bear as with meat still on it. I don't go into my acreage now unless it's daytime, and I take my super Blackhawk with me. Pic is the view from my side porch.
>>
File: IMG_2137.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2137.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>30668948
God I love VA.

I've been meaning to visit Floyd county on a spooky hunt. I know an abandoned house on shooting creek road, it is certainly haunted. One day I'll post pics, but it is bear country there too.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468863938784.jpg (78KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468863938784.jpg
78KB, 720x1280px
I live in floyyd, right outside it, pic related, only way to grow VA beard.
>>
File: IMG_3196.jpg (866KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3196.jpg
866KB, 3264x2448px
>>30669018
I like to think that construction company was named in a /b/ "dubs name my ______" thread

See you in the kik chat.
>>
Has anyone ever actually caught something in a cryptid hunt???
>>
Any cryptids in Virginia?
>>
>>30668739
did you light up the treeline while calling for a fire mission and blasting "All Along The Watchtower" by Hendrix and chowing down on canned peaches?
>>
>>30661107
there are spooky scarys in nc?
pls no
>>
>>30669704
no. I played bluegrass and picked banjos with the proud father of a nephew before topping my gas tank with extra 'shine and driving down the the local greasy spoon to hit on the 40 year old burnt out waitress

But I do want a 20 inch HBAR a2 upper.
>>
>>30661974
ayys
>>
>>30669380
Pikachu
>>
File: dragon.png (219KB, 817x2325px) Image search: [Google]
dragon.png
219KB, 817x2325px
Has anyone ever encountered what the anon in pic related encountered? Anyone up for a dragon hunt?
>>
>>30666362
Well since they're native american spookies, any government issued caliber should work well
I suggest using alcohol and welfare as bait
>>
File: crying-indian1_400x400.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
crying-indian1_400x400.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>30670171
The pox were in the blankets
>>
>>30662404
Amish vampires
>>
>>30663724
So you have to dox skinwalkers to defeat them?
>>
>>30661672
We should do some kind of trio. I'm stationed here at bragg as well.
>>
>>30670103
You'd be amazed how much goes unreported or disregarded as nonsense. Humans have an amazing ability to ignore what they don't want to know about.
>>
File: image.png (565KB, 1351x1783px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
565KB, 1351x1783px
>>30669817
>>
>>30670350
If this isn't a movie already why hasn't someone done it?
>>
File: 1452558529079.jpg (60KB, 540x400px) Image search: [Google]
1452558529079.jpg
60KB, 540x400px
>>30661107
>>
>>30671736
saved
>>
>>30662176
What do you mean ski walkers are a protected species? They're recognized by govt?
>>
>>30666615
>>30666664
>>30666698
Floating orbs of light inna swamp are typically refereed to as will o' the wisp. If it is a will o' the wisp, don't follow it.
>>
Anyone seen/heard anything spoopy in SC?
Specifically the 803 area.
I barely hear anything about SC
>>
>>30661107
they cant put out that fire on the Canadian goose because if they did, it would win
>>
>>30668278
They arent cast tho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvC2TUKCfaE
>>
Any Colorado Cryptid hunters here? Would like to go shoot spoopies with extreme prejudice
>>
>>30672296
What are splotches of blue tinted forest?

I keep finding them inna appalachia.

I can dump pics from my recent hike, hunting spooky
>>
I'm in NC and I think legitimately hunting for a monster would be fun.
>>
>>30672973
But an animal wouldn't just freeze solid while it still had the energy to struggle above the surface. It would die from hypothermia or drowning long before it could be frozen like that. So unless Mr. Freeze just likes being a dick to horses, I'm still calling bullshit.
>>
>>30669677

I'm in VA and I've seen some weird shit. I previously told the stories of seeing a will-o-wisp and the weird shit Nike did during some camping trips.

Recently I thought I saw goatman at a field party.

> Be at field party
> Theres a girl there I'm trying to bang so I can't show my power level
> Have my Sig P6 with me
> They have a big bonfire going with all kinds of wood scraps like pallets and big stumps
> Find the chick and try to guide her away from the group by asking if she wants to walk
> She finally capitulates and we walk near the edge of the bonfire light
> There's some ramshackle tar-paper sheds ahead of us
> Figure I take her back there and try to find if no means no
> We come around behind the sheds and immediately see guy facing away from us jibbering like a psycho about 15 feet from us
> He's twitching like he's possessed
> Instantly all the goatman greentexts come rushing back to me
> Jump into action screaming FUCKING GOATMAN and putting my hand out to protect girl
> Turns out I screamed grrl-GLOATMAN and open hand slapped the girl in the titty
> People hear me yell and come running over
> Turns out goatman was another party goer who was tripping balls
> Goatman is now flipping shit because someone is screaming at him and people are running towards him
> I laugh and apologize about misunderstanding
> Girl cops an attitude and wont drop it
> Leave party and call fat girl to come suck me off in car on ride home

The way the guy was dancing seriously creeped me out. He had his hands about shoulder width apart, in fists, about eye level. It looked like he was trying to climb a ladder that only had 3" between rungs. He was moving his head oddly too. I was certain for like a second that he was a goatman and I was about to make /k/ history with a "check out what I bagged" thread.
>>
>>30673283
I'm moving to longmont in a week. Any good outdoors shooting places you can point me to?
>>
>>30673283
I actually just moved to Boulder a little while ago, but I know there are a couple of gun clubs around here with 100yard shooting ranges
>>
>>30674634
Also, national forests
>>
>>30663244
What if I get a steel sword with silver embedded in it? Would I be good for everything?
>>
>>30675098
Probably not. If its a steel sword coated in silver then maybe. Steel edge is still there, but you have enough silver to react to a supernatural creature
>>
>>30674547
>fat girl to come suck me off in car on ride home
kek
>>
>>30661107
so I'm thinking getting sterling silver beads, because cheaper and cost effective, and putting them in 3.5" magnum shotgun shells. Maybe even put them in the hollow point of a .44mag too with some epoxy. Werewolf killers I'm thinking
>>
File: articleTheAfricanRifle8.jpg (664KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
articleTheAfricanRifle8.jpg
664KB, 800x532px
>>30661942
try good ol' .416 rigby
>>
Anything in upstate ny?
>>
>>30675263
SHOT PLACEMENT
H
O
T

P
L
A
C
E
M
E
N
T
>>
>>30675316
why worry about shot placement in a life or death situation in the woods where you don't need to care about overpenitration
>>
>>30675332
get a 12 gauge with magnum shells preferably 3.5inchers
>>
>>30675350
I would rather keep my high power hunting rounds, why do you think slugs would work better?
>>
>>30675382
Big and heavy chunk of lead and a lot more readily available, and faster shooting with a pump action. Preferably I'd have the main shooter have the rigby and a backup shooter with the shotgun for close up work
>>
>>30675382
with 3.5 inch magnum shells you get 4759 ft. lbs.
of kinetic energy and with the .416 rigby you'll get with a 450gr projectile 5,223 ft·lbf. I will concede the rigby will have better penetration, the slugs will have more bone crush energy dump
>>
>>30675467
well I get that they're readily available, but I have rigby stockpiled,

>>30675506
I guess my thought is that a cryptid might be unnaturally armored, and speed beats armor, of course we could compromise and I could bring my custom cz 550 chambered in .585 Gehringer
>>
>>30675552
Hey man, if you wanna bring your rifle and I'll bring my shotty we'll kill the fuck outta some cryptids
>>
>>30675571
cool shit, but im rusty on my occult knowledge, you know any one who could be a good /x/phile to take along?
>>
>>30675552
Also I'm thinking that what can kill a kodiak grizzly bear or a cape buffalo can probably kill one of these. But hey this is america and bigger is indeed better
>>
>>30675592
I double as a side gunner and a lore expert, depending on the spoopy thing at least some of the more obscure stuff I'd have to do research. But indeed having more people is better.
>>
>>30661312
Supposedly you can eat the roots like noodles.
>>
>>30673283
Not a Cryptid Hunter yet, but wanna do it so bad. Live in Parker.
>>
>>30675829
Got any particular skills to bring to the table?
>>
>>30675978
Longtime experience with firearms (family has been pro-gunz ever since coming to America from Prussia), experienced hunter, open mind, but with enough healthy skepticism to not jump at every shadow. I own a Benelli Nova, U.S. Model of 1917, P-38, HiPower, Beretta 92, Remington 81 (.35 caliber), M1, and even a few belted magnums. and that's just some of the collection. Also got a Colt Woodsman with a custom shoulder-stock.

As I said, I have outdoors experience, and my parents might even let me borrow their camper if you got a truck with a trailer hitch mount.
>>
>>30676146
I've got a jeep patriot with a 1000 lbs capacity towing package. But too be honest I'd preferably hike deep into the woods without the camper for dat der stealth.
>>
>>30676236
Got a few tents that might work. Problem is, the best places in Colorado to find a skinwalker or some other native cryptid would be in the four-corners region. I suppose there is plenty of federal land around there for innawoods/desert purposes. San Luis valley also has some weirdness to it.
>>
>>30670103
>morels
Oh fuck.. he lives in Missouri..
>>
>>30676283
Yeah this isn't a big state for general weirdness. Sasquatch is across the state (follows elk populations according to time and location sightings compared to the elk migrations), there have been devil money sightings (super rare), and possible dogman sightings (more urban and really rare). Supposedly there have been skinwalker sightings on the northern part of the state, but those are more of a rare happenstance occurrence
>>
>>30664681
No one? I'm down to go pretty much anywhere as long as I can afford gas. I have a subaru forester that's pretty damn experienced in the offroad department. I don't own any guns, yet, but I have quite a few melee weapons and plenty of survival gear including a few tents, etc. I also have extensive knowledge of mythology and cryptids, I've been an avid mythology buff for around 12 years. Never really done any cryptid hunting, not for lack of trying, simply lack of oppurtunity. I'm serious, if any of yall are in the 801 area of Utah or nearby areas, and want to fuck around innawoods looking for spooky shit, I'm down.
>>
>>30676352
so missouri has dragons? who want's to pool some assets and go hunting, I'll provide guns, I got 3 chambered in .416 rigby, one in 585 gehringer
>>
>>30676423
San Luis Valley is looking better and better, though.
http://cyberwest.com/v6alwst1/
http://cyberwest.com/v7alwst1/
http://cyberwest.com/v5adwst2/
>>
>>30661974
Its gas. Lack of oxygen, high amounts of methane from bat shit, or maybe natural gas seepage from the rocks. You passed out. Probably felt jittery from the lack of oxygen to your brain. You probably felt woozy and had trouble focusing

T. Someone who inhaled so much helium at a party he passed out.
>>
>>30676283
We'd probably have an easier time trying to prove that brown bear have come back to the state or that sasquatch is here than trying to drive to the opposite end of the state for a shapeshifter
>>
>>30676509
These seem very similar to Skinwalker ranch up in Utah
>>
>>30676435
If you're up for it, you can explore the spooky San Luis Valley with me.
>>
>>30676528
Where do you live? Denver area?
>>
>>30676577
Boulder
>>
>>30676591
Yeah, San Luis would be a little better. Pretty lights flashing in the sky, cattle and horse mutilations, crazy cultists who used to do actual crucifixions, and all sorts of Indian weirdness. Paradise.
>>
>>30676560
I have no idea where that is, but if it's close to provo/orem, and you're willing to get together, I'm down as fuck.
>>
>>30676639
So like in the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve?
>>
>>30676646
Provo/orem is cali correct?
>>
would anyone be interested in starting a cult? I have some real nice Grimoires, and I'm 90% sure it's some doomsday shit
>>
>>30676705
Northern Utah actually. But I used to live in Cali. Shit state.
>>
>>30676717
No, fuck you.
>>
>>30676730
well sorry, you say you want spooks, my response is well alright let's make some spooks
>>
>>30676729
You and this guy should meet up and go to skinwalker ranch
>>30664681
>>
>>30676743
We want to hunt them too remove them from this earth, not make them
>>
>>30676746
Haha, they're both me, lol. I've seen a few people mention skinwalker ranch, but have no clue what the fuck it is. Willing to enlighten me?
>>
>>30676763
Basically it's a place where a ton of spooky shit has happened, UFO sightings, weird animal sightings, dogman, skinwalkers, it's literally endless. On youtube they've got some podcasts that go into the full history
>>
>>30676756
well then why not make what's essentially a hunting preserve, I mean think of the profits!

(I swear I'm not Jewish)
>>
>>30676786
That's like Jurassic park. Seems like a good idea, and then the animals get out and start murdering everyone
>>
>>30676685
Yeah, or maybe some BLM land in the general area. bring gaiters, sand gets everywhere.
>>
>>30676800
no, I'm pretty sure Jurassic park was way safer than my idea, but mine would be a lot more fun, for safety we'd need like 150 wizards doing binding rituals on the grounds round the clock pouring salt and drawing a giant ruin and shit
>>
>>30676829
I mean if you've got the money and time mane
>>
>>30666490
>>30663759
alright ill bite... the fuck is with shapeshifters? like what do they want? do they real?
>>
>>30676808
Maybe in August. We'll have to make a continuation thread and make to recruit more people. Don't wanna go after a skinwalker with just 2 guys
>>
So what are good places in Colorado to look for cryptids? Where have a lot of sightings taken place? What kinds of cryptids have been spotted?
>>
>>30676880
Agreed. Not sure which rifle to take, though. Got plenty of .35 Remington, so might take the 81.
>>
>>30676880
I'm the rigby guy, if someone could arrange travel, I'd gladly come
>>
>>30676914
I'm probably gonna bring my shotgun with slugs and my .44mag
>>
Has anyone ever killed a skinwalker?
>>
>>30676938
You're missouri correct? Particular area? I can't help with travel, just curious
>>
>>30676909
Well, there is the usual bigfoot stuff here and there. San Luis Valley, which we have been discussing a possible innawoods in August, has the most weirdness. All those cattle mutilations back in the 70s and 80s seems to have started there. Strange lights in the sky, for all your Ayyy Lmao needs, black helicopters, sand dunes that recycle their sand over and over (and thus don't really change too much) due to interesting wind patterns, probably a number of cryptid sightings, and an Alligator farm that keeps the reptiles alive in the winter with hot spring water.

It is sort of the easternmost area of what the Navajo/Dine consider their traditional homeland, and Blanca Peak is sacred to a great many tribes, so don't discount skinwalkers. Mostly, though, it's just a place of weirdness.
>>
>>30676950
no, RI, but I just enjoy travel, could prob take a redline anywhere for a weekend/week
>>
File: san-luis-valley-2015.gif (75KB, 540x765px) Image search: [Google]
san-luis-valley-2015.gif
75KB, 540x765px
>>30676959
Really, though, it is lovely land. It's actually considered by many to be the largest alpine valley in the world and it has some of the highest altitude farmland in America.
>>
>>30676987
San Isabel and San Juan National Forests would probably be good for camping. Bring iodine, and you've got all the fresh mountain spring and river water you want.
>>
>>30677005
>San Juan
Meant Rio Grande. My bad.
>>
>>30677005
Probably be the better places to find spoopy thing also.
>>
>>30661107
Anything notable in Alabama?

My native friend tells me about the black panther that roams the area, and a person I used to know saw a chupacabra once.
>>
So what would be the best weapon for straight up killing a cryptid, fully dead, no second chances
>>
>>30677039
Depends on what you are hunting
>>
>>30677024
Well, again, with Blanca Peak being so sacred to the Navajo. And Ute. And Pueblo. And everybody else within the general 500 mile radius.
>>
>>30677050
just a hypothetical, but what would you use against skinwalkers, multiple
>>
>>30677088
anon what the fuck did you do
>>
File: are-you-serious-right-now.jpg (95KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
are-you-serious-right-now.jpg
95KB, 960x720px
>>30672973
Nigger they're literally identical right down to the shape of the ear and jaw bone.
>>
File: m2hb1.png (74KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
m2hb1.png
74KB, 500x214px
>>30677088
>>
>>30677124
i'd rather not say
>>30677169
thanks
>>
>>30675310
Heard about sasquatch up near the Adirondacks. That's about it other than the mountain lions that DNR refuses to acknowledge exist.
>>
>>30677088
Assuming they were coming at me where I live and I knew it and had time to plan.
>Motion detectors, cameras, basically a full exterior security system
>Home made "land mines"
>Strategically placed binary explosive packs wrapped in shrapnel and a good accurate rifle, tannerite or whatever works best
>Fire
>Nasty barbed caltrops and other traps that would make hellspawn think twice bathed in a mixture made from the hottest peppers money can buy, rat poison (or something stronger), and holy water
>Electrical traps that when triggered hit the target with a lethally powerful charge
>A weapon that has tasted the blood of man
>Blessings from any religious groups you can find including natives
>A shotgun with magnum birdshot shells, the shot itself made from blessed silver
>A high caliber weapon worthy of use against a pissed as fuck giant grizzly
>A spear that has been blessed by various groups or is otherwise special in a meaningful way
>Bright as fuck lights around the property to blind them while illuminating them
>Chloramine grenades (bleach plus ammonia in a fragile glass container that keeps them separate until broken), be sure to try and actually hit them with these so the mixture is actually on them
>Several well armed friends
>>
>>30677734
thanks for the ideas, sure to help
>>
Pender County here.

Swamps get spooky af if you're inexperienced but I've yet to bag any ghost bitches or Crocmen.

The Islands are much nicer desu.
>>
>>30675809
It makes amazing goat feed, per acre it provides more feed than any cultivated crop for them.
>>
>>30664681
Was thinking of moving to Utah to escape the east coast. How is it?
>>
Anyone know where I can find Silver 45. or 357 loaded ammo? I wanna give it as a gift to someone whos into /kx/
>>
NMbro here. I've been on a couple of hunts. mostly for Chupacabras
>Things are mean. they hiss and puff and let you know they are there but spook super easily
> picture the biggest coyote you've ever seen. now scale that up and give it mange that is what your standard goat sucker looks like.
> you hunt them like vermin high powered scope deer cartridge best time to do it is at dusk and 3am. that seems to be feeding time.
> their growl is weird sounds like they are choking on something it's short and sharp and sounds like someone doing an impression of a dog.
>alone they are vermin they get close smell and run....packs on the other hand.
> never use bait.. Blood draws them in and if it's on you. well lets up you're good at close range.
>>
>>30676800
>That's like Jurassic park. Seems like a good idea, and then the animals get out and start murdering everyone

It's not like whatever is at skinwalker ranch is contained now. They're already "out".

I know activity at the ranch has significantly slowed or stopped but could you imagine what it was like back when shit was wild. I have a hunting boner right now.
>>
>>30678260
Are those the giant grey mangy looking fuckers I was seeing across the highways out there? I remember seeing a ton of large dogs that were gray and mangy dead on the side of the road. They were a fuckton larger than my German shepherd and tons bigger than any coyote. Never saw one alive, just dead lying in the road. Always had a WTF moment on our road trips when we drove past them.
>>
>>30678213
Recently moved here from cali. I love it so far. I'm in the northern part, so the area is beautiful as fuck. 5 minutes down the highway there are rivers, waterfalls, streams, etc. And in the winter there is pretty good skiing. It's a lot cheaper than cali and just a lot more friendly too. Never been to the east coast so idk how different it is.
>>
>>30677150
>horses tend to look like horses
>>
>>30676488
Wouldn't surprise me. Of all the spooky shit we got..
Hell I guarantee you we have more UFOs than Kansas
Fuck Kansas
>>
Hunting is my life. Killed this in Colorado
>>
>>30678564
Forgot the story,

Tl;Dr I was taking a shit, saw a bear, killed an elk
>>
Anyone got any news on any possible spoopys in WA state? I'm in the Seattle area and wanted to know where yo stay away from up here.
>>
>>30663262
Also hoosier needing a cryptid hunting party. Can offer ak, ar, fal, 1911, G17 and more.
>>
>>30677731
Mountain Lions are assholes, not cryptids but one of the fuckers killed my neighbors bluetick
Dont know where it could've gone off to as him, 2 other neighbors, and I went on a 2 day trek looking for him
>>
>>30661735
Fucking kek.
>>
File: s3ufGq4.jpg (422KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
s3ufGq4.jpg
422KB, 2560x1440px
Used to live up in the blue ridge mountains a couple years back. I was a big fan of squirrel jerkey, so naturally I'd go out with my old marlin and remove acorn whenever I had the time.

Anyway, there were these piles of stones you could sometimes find in small groups of four or so. Sometimes less, sometimes more. At twilight, if you were to shine a flashlight around them you could see shadows. Tall spindly looking things, and definitely humanoid. Oddly though it seemed nothing was making them. Almost like the shadow people are in Metro 2033. They weren't violent in the slightest, they kinda just moved around. Not fluidly, but like they were jumping from place to place a few feet at a time. Initially they seemed to follow me when I was in the area, but one day I had found some flowers growing nearby, and placed them on each of the stone piles. Whenever I passed by after that they seemed almost completely unaware of my presence. Like they were ignoring me.

It was really strange. Pic related is the best way I can show what they looked like. Anybody know what I saw out there or what significance the flowers might have had?
>>
>>30679856
I've heard of something very similar in local folklore. They're called the Mimis, a tall, shadowy bunch of spirits who'd hop place to place at nightfall.

Though they were described as zippy, happy party spirits, these guys aren't really fitting the bill. That's about all I know about shadow cryptids unfortunately, but I hope I gave you a direction to try researching into.
>>
>>30677088
Honestly your best bet is a high powered hunting rifle for starters and a large caliber side arm like a .44mag and above. Then you can get special bullets made per each type of spoopy critter you wanna hunt
>>
>>30680787
Also have a large hunting knife just in case things go really sideways
>>
>>30680094
I mean, shadow people or demons. It could be a Nalusa Falaya, It's a Choctaw shadow being that resembles a man, but with very small eyes and long, pointed ears.
>>
>>30682111
Are any of those things you mentioned potentially dangerous?

Also do you think those piles of stones were graves?
>>
>>30682111
>>30679856
Also the translation of Nalusa Falaya is Long Black Being, so it fits in your tall spindly shadow creature kinda
>>
>>30682136
The Nalusa Falaya doesn't really attack from what I've researched it just likes frightening children from staying out too late and occasionally bewitching incautious hunters. But yes it does have the potential to do harm, it's just kinda rare. But that's just the lore
>>
>>30661107
Ahoy m8, also a North Carolinian. Haven't seen any spooks myself, but I'm keeping an eye out. Any good hunting in Uwharrie? That's where I usually camp.
>>
>>30682136
Supposedly in the cases where they do harm people they scare them to unconsciousness and then jump on them and eat them
>>
>>30682171
But more often then not they scare you to unconsciousness and give you their power to do evil to others sooo yeah
>>
Is there anything spooky in southern Indiana?
>>
>>30682293
Alien big cats, lake and swamp monsters, phantom kangaroos, "devil monkeys," bigfoot, lizard men, giant birds, and a possible dragon.
>>
>>30682171
>>30682201
>>30682219
So worst case scenario I get eaten or somehow acquire supernatural powers.

Best case scenario, they just spook me.

That's interesting, but the fact that after I put a flower on each of those piles they kinda just started ignoring me rather than following me just kinda throws me off. Every time I walked past them after that I felt completely at peace rather than being overwhelmed with dread. Perhaps they remembered what I did and in so gained their favor?
>>
>>30682409
I mean cairns were an old jewish tradition for marking graves too. So they might just be regular spoops, angry spirits just chilling by their graves
>>
Love these threads. Anyone in Eastern PA? Also, any stories or known spooks in the area?
>>
>>30669018
Hey bro! I work with asplundh too! Alabama branch here though. What region you in?
>>
>>30682722
Thunderbirds and sasquatch
>>
>>30669117
??if your referring to his hard hat, asplundh is a tree company, not construction.
>>
>>30682760
What would you recommend for shooting down a thunderbird? Regular birdshot?
2 bore birdshot? A punt gun? Truck mounted AA gun?
>>
>>30677034
I'm interested, Bama boy here too. My cousin, who is about early sixties now(im 23) would tell me stories about the "white thing" that lives in Alabama. Supposedly a humanoid covered in white fur. I have some stories he told me, but I'm on my phone now and they will take a while to type out. I'll do it when i get home from work in a couple of hours.
>>
>>30682849
Punt Gun would probably do the trick, I doubt regular birdshot from a 12guage would do anything against one of these. But if a thunderbird is truly some weird prehistoric monster, basically a high powered rifle will always do the trick
>>
>>30682963
Does anyone still manufacturer punt guns? I'm thinking it would probably be more cost effective to make my own
>>
>>30678220
Probably only online.
>>
Wilmington NC here we got a bunch of fucking ghost and alligator .
>>
>>30682849
Maybe if you are using a 12 guage shotgun though #2 to #4 Buck shot might work just because there's enough projectiles there and they are large enough to penetrate
>>
>>30682990
You could probably get an antique one on gunbroker
>>
>>30683019
>>30683007
What about something like that backyard artillery that some kommando minced a crow with a while back?
>>
>>30683046
Your imagination is your limit with killing anything. Honestly the big thing with hunting these things seems to be getting them close enough to the ground to actually shoot them. They seem to like to stay at high altitude and seem to follow in front of storms. Storms create a good up draft to help keep them aloft without having too flap their wings.
>>
>>30683102
There any record of what they pray on? Maybe I could set up some kind of bait
>>
>>30683132
No one really knows what they are. Either they are an Argentavis or some kind of Pterodactyl. Supposedly they've tried to carry away kids occasionally, but they probably scavenge on deer and other large dead animals and the such.
>>
>>30683172
Any kommandos in PA that want to camp out in the Appalachian mountains for a few weeks and send volleys of shot towards this big sunvabitch?
>>
>>30683231
If I was in PA I'd join yah Anon
>>
Back when I was a sprout my grandparents had this huge garden. It was about a half mile from their house; probably an acre and a half in size.

We use to plant potatoes and other root vegetables over there because the soil was pretty sandy. They grew everything because they were livedthrougthedepressionfags.

Grandpa and I go over there one day in the spring to see if the ground is ready to start planting.

At the end of the garden we found a circle of disturbed earth about 20 feet in diameter. The dirt was all churned up and there were what looked like claw marks all over. The ground was covered with blood, long black fur and big globs of what looked like spit or foam from the mouth of a horse that's been run too hard.

This was southwest Wisconsin in the '70s, so I don't think it was caused by a couple of bears fighting. We never did really come to a consensus as to what caused it, and it never happened again.
>>
>>30682957
I'm back. Here is a link to some cryptids of Alabama I found with a Google search of "white thing of Alabama"

http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2013/10/5_mythical_creatures_that_repo.html

Will post stories my cousin told me in a bit.
>>
New thread over here people

>>30683972
>>30683972
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.