[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up today /k/... While at the range, I somehow, SOMEHOW,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: dumbshit.jpg (1MB, 3465x2321px) Image search: [Google]
dumbshit.jpg
1MB, 3465x2321px
I fucked up today /k/...

While at the range, I somehow, SOMEHOW, loaded a 9mm round in to my .45 magazine. No idea how that round snuck in to my ammo box (I didn't even bring a 9), but I didn't notice until I pulled the trigger and was met with a weak report and FTE. The case was jammed in the barrel, and I had to push it out with a cleaning rod. Doesn't look like it did any damage to my 1911, but it's a shitty feeling knowing I was careless.

Any one else do something like this (fire the wrong caliber)?
>>
I wouldn't have thought the feed lips would hold it in or it would feed at all. Does your barrel have any dings in it from the 9mm bouncing around in it?
>>
>>30649063
I put a .303 in my Garand once
Glad it didn't go into battery...
I only keep one ammo type next to my shooting position now
>>
>>30649063
I was a similar retard when I somehow put 7mm Rem Mag shells in the sling of my .300 Win Mag durr rifle. I didn't pull the trigger that night, but I realized my fuck up when I was emptying my pockets back at home.
>>
>>30649063
>Any one else do something like this (fire the wrong caliber)?
Thankfully no, but the amount of times I have picked out live rounds from the case tumbler is kinda shocking. They've never gone off though.

When I'm at the range I collect any and all brass that can be re-used regardless of caliber and throw it in the plano box. Then I get home and just tip it into the tumbler and let it go.

For the calibers I don't own like 40S&W, 10mm and 38 Super etc I just clean them up and sell them by the 100x in a zip-lock baggy.
>>
Put a 16 guage in a 12 guage shotgun once.
Just a weak blast and shell expanded to the barrel size.
No big deal other than "how the fuck did that get there, I've never had a 16 guage shotgun or shells?"
Some jackass probably mixed up a box at the store and I just didn't notice when I was loading the gun.
>>
File: 9n45.jpg (1MB, 2973x2519px) Image search: [Google]
9n45.jpg
1MB, 2973x2519px
>>30649389

Thankfully no, I do not see any damage in the barrel.
The 9mm Loads just fine in to my single stack mags. Holds them nice and snug.
>>
>>30649451
I pulled 3 live 45's out of a bunch of brass I wet tumbled today, just before I was about to toss them in the oven.
>>
>>30649622
Think it'd cause much damage in the oven? They'd go off but with no pressure they'll probably just make a mess.
>>
>>30649063
Did this with a .40 in a .45 once. Wasn't my gun which made it feel sooo much worse
>>
>>30649063
have never loaded the wrong caliber, thankfully.

I did forget to clean the cosmoline off of bolt assembly for my new nugget. had to take a hammer to it to open the chamber. made me feel sick
>>
>>30649063
Accidentally fired a steel cased .223 in my SKS once, no idea how it fired or how the bolt held onto the smaller round but it blew up the case pretty bad.
>>
>>30649451
>>30649622

wtf guys. It's not hard.
>>
>>30651786
>wtf guys. It's not hard.
You haven't been on /k/ long enough. I'm throbbing.
>>
I accidentally fired a .380 out of my Glock 43 when my gf loaded the mags and somehow a .380 got mixed in the ammo can.

It's essentially the same bullet, but I couldn't understand why I had a random stove pipe until I was picking up the brass.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.