[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>closest gun range won't let me fire my 7.62 ammo >next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1443048237131.jpg (35KB, 553x443px) Image search: [Google]
1443048237131.jpg
35KB, 553x443px
>closest gun range won't let me fire my 7.62 ammo

>next closest gun range costs $250 a year

>least restrictive gun range is an hour and a half away

I need to move to the countryside or something. This shit is stupid.
>>
>>30642842
Sounds like you live in my city.
>>
File: 1467852074797.jpg (5KB, 249x188px) Image search: [Google]
1467852074797.jpg
5KB, 249x188px
>living in a blue state

wew
>>
>>30642870

NE FL?
>>
>>30642886
Nope. Commiefornia.

Ranges are just as bad here. If not worse.
>>
>>30642891

I'm so sorry. Not only are the ranges far, few, and in-between, but you also have ass-backwards gun laws to deal with. Go to GA, free man. You'll find haven there.
>>
>>30642877
maybe they're concerned about noise or damaging the backdrop or something.
>>
>>30642842
$250 for an entire year doesn't sound bad if you're going to use it a lot
>>
>>30642899
>ass backwards gun laws

You have no idea.

I'd love if I could. Unfortunately I'm stuck going to a shit indoor range. No rifles. 200+ a year. No water bottles. Have to use their ammo. Etc etc

Fuck my life
>>
>>30642914
>No water bottles

Wait, what the fuck? What place is this? It sounds like a hellhole
>>
>>30642911

The price of ammo, gas, targets, and membership is wildly out of my price range currently. The worst part about it is that there's an air of elitism around the expensive range in particular
>>
>>30643024
Literally actually. Central Valley California. 110 degrees.

I'd imagine that rule is so nobody gets water on their fucking rental guns since that would require them to actually clean the pieces of shit
>>
NY here.

Town has an indoor gun range. Not great. Needs some work, a fresh coat of paint at the very least.

>No shotguns
>No rifles over .22 LR.
>"Traditional" pistol calibers only. No magnums.

Nice range is around 35 minutes away.

I feel you OP.
>>
>>30642842
>closest range $200/year ten minutes from my work.
>no reloads, no rapid fire, no AKs, 223 allowed only if bought there, no blazer, wolf, tula, or brown bear allowed.
>ventilation barely works, get lead taste after every time
>they reload the 223 there and illegally sell it to you, they only have an FFL/01 and don't pay FAET.

>second closest range half an hour from work and home with no traffic, $150/year, members only
>50/100 yard outdoor ranges
>five outdoor 25 yard ranges with 90 degrees of fire
>15 yard indoor range
>rapid fire, full auto, holster, and moving while shooting allowed with proper permits

>furthest range I'm a member at is 90 minutes away, $40/year
>outdoor ranges from 25 to 300 yards
>moving while shooting, shooting from holster, rapid fire, etc. all completely unregulated because the board members actually shoot instead of embezzling money and having pissing contests

>fourth range I'm a member at is my land, about three hours away on a good day. I'm hoping that there no housing developments go up before I retire
>>
>>30644760
report them to the IRS
>>
File: 1338609101435.jpg (39KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1338609101435.jpg
39KB, 600x400px
>>30643131
its so you dont drink a bunch of lead, you autistic fuck.
>>
File: IMG_0536[1].png (85KB, 312x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0536[1].png
85KB, 312x332px
>>30643131
What's your area code? I'm 559, and my choices for ranges are shit. Everything is crowded, over regulated and expensive. I usually to go to our property out in Mendota, but we're harvesting right now, and I don't want to scare the contracted crews (illegals) with my not-so-distant gunfire. The core crew know who I am and recognize my truck, but they aren't around while harvest is on.
>>
>tfw can shoot shotguns in back yard and I live in town
>tfw can find a huge sand pit to shoot in 30 minutes away
>tfw state land is public land
>tfw can shoot literally anywhere that isn't owned by someone or has buildings nearby

MN master race
>>
>>30642842
>Closest gun range is 5 dollars to get in
>No RO
>Usually you're the only one there during the day
>You can shoot anything
>>
>>30642842
Why won't they let you shoot 7.62?
>>
>>30645337
steel core
>>
>>30642891
>live in CA
>15min away from public, open range

Your fault for living in/near a major metro area.
>>
Idk what part of the 559 you're in since its huge, but I usually go to Rankin Field in Tulare.
Its cheap, usually not crowded in the mornings, and there's only one RSO for the like 6 different ranges so everything is self regulated by the shooters.
>>
>>30642842
>move out to the countryside
>closest range is now 90 minutes away
>so is everything else
>can shoot 25 yards in your backyard
>>
>>30645313
Damn:-| in Ohio you have to be out of city limits to shoot on own property
>>
>>30645354

then get non-steel core, numb nuts.
>>
>>30645002
>so you dont drink a bunch of lead

How are you even going to get lead into your water bottle?

Do you shoot with your muzzle balancing ontop of your water bottle?

Do you stick your fingers down your barrel and then stick them in your water?
>>
Just go to a park at night and fire there
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.