[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else just have the urge to have a freestyle sword

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

Does anyone else just have the urge to have a freestyle sword fight and just see how you do against random moves
>>
>>30641022
Me and my buddies still sword fight with random sticks and shit we find.
>>
>>30641022
you mean, be unpredictable?
you should do that anyway if you want to win
>>
>>30641038
Same man my asian friend has some bamboo swords so we use that when he invites me to his house
>>
>>30641022
Sauce on semen demon?
>>
>>30641022
how many vaccines have you had?!
>>
>>30641043
Basically i just want to have full out fight with some one
I've already had a gun fight with pellets and came out unscathed
>>
>>30641022
It's usually held as one of the common challenge you have to be able to respond to when you learn how to sword fight. Weird fighters like:

Someone who is fighting you but don't want to and don't / can't run away.
Someone who is fighting you but never attacks you and is extremely patient
Someone who is simply rushing you without caring for his own safety
Someone who appears normal but have outburst of random attacks or flailing when you do something he is unprepared for.

Even if some seems ridiculous, they can be very dangerous to face, even if you are experienced.
>>
>>30641053
None man i still have a bit of adrenaline running through me since me and a couple of friends had a gun fight with plastic bbs and i came out victor
>>
>>30641067
Basically what i want man
Someone unpredictable that can break a couple of my boundaries
>>
>>30641022
Yeah, but the thing is when you are actually skilled with using a sword, even light taps hurt with training swords, because the speed of the swords get really fast with technique. It's a fulcrum thing.
With all that said, the thing I've always been excited to see would be a HEMA practitioner vs a CMA practitioner or TJMA practitioner with both of them competent in combat.
Also, any fight between all those guys with Indian martial artists and the Southeast Asian martial artists. It sucks that there isn't more real sparring between these historical martial arts communities.
>>
desu in a freestyle sword fight you're probably just going to hit one another in the hands
>>
>>30641401
But that's actually a legitimate target in combat.
>>
File: dragon-twister-1.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dragon-twister-1.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>This thread
>>
>>30641022
Who needs random when you can have Yakumaru Jigen-ryu...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIECVhn36mk
>>
Hey if we still talk about swords....i have castle trip in Europe and i have been to prague castle and it had awesome real swords,daggers and spears.One day latter in Germany, Rothenburg o.d.T. That had an fking dream shop..every thing related to medieval..medieval clothes(peasants and nobility), coin pouch, old wine, health potion(rum-red bottle), mana potion(absinth-blue bottle),mead,full plate armor,shields,crossbows, bows,arrows, trinkets,quill and wax&seal,daggers,swords and two handed swords(zweihander). I left with only buying mead...but those weapons looked better than any ninja-mall selling shop...i have 3 more castles en route...should i man up and buy?.advice /k/?
>>
File: Swordfags vs gunfags.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Swordfags vs gunfags.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>30641590
>>
>>30641038

Try choreographing some time. Look up some videos on youtube of choreographing a lightsaber fight or something. It's a lot of work to get it down and but it's incredibly satisfying once you do, and it looks fucking awesome to onlookers.
>>
>>30641079

>plastic BBs
>airshit
Do it with real BB guns then come back.
>>
>>30643979
Are you suggesting a CO2 handgun or electric rifle is inferior to a lever action daisy when it comes to training for real combat scenarios?
>>
>>30644020

If you think that you were actually training for any kind of real combat scenario, then I wonder how the hell you carry all those extra chromosomes around with you.
>>
>>30641022
Sometimes, but then I remember that a sword fight would send one or both parties to the hospital or morgue
>>
>>30641022
I used to do barehanded and sword sparring with a girl I was dating at the time. Sparring often turned into grappling which was fun.
>>
File: nigga-you-gay.png (650KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
nigga-you-gay.png
650KB, 720x540px
>>30643967
>Try choreographing some time
>>
>>30641242
Why did /asp/ have to die rip
>>
>>30641022
No I joined the sca when I was fifteen and got it out of my system. Now as an adult I know I can defend myself brutally with just a stick. feelsgoodman
>>
>>30641043
lol, coming from someone who knows hema, that's fucking hilarious
>>
>>30641022

>random moves

there's only so many ways to effectively cut someone with a sword. Anything "random" an untrained person did to surprise an opponent actually trained in a legit sword art would just be interpreted as an unskilled and unfocused variation of a cut that is already well understood.

Think about something like boxing or MMA. What do you reckon the chances are of someone with no training getting into the ring and attempting "random moves" against an opponent with even a little bit of training? The outcome wouldn't be much different just because a weapon is involved, except maybe someone who has been choked out has a harder time pretending he wouldn't have lost if it had been a "real" fight.
>>
File: 2a6.jpg (97KB, 624x491px) Image search: [Google]
2a6.jpg
97KB, 624x491px
>>30646574
>an untrained person did to surprise an opponent actually trained in a legit sword art would just be interpreted as an unskilled and unfocused variation of a cut that is already well understood
>>
File: mallninja0.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mallninja0.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>30644833

Nice memepost, faggot. Choreographing a fight is fun and it's a hell of a lot less gay than all the mall ninja bullshit going on ITT.
>>
>>30641022
Is she drooling?
>>
>>30645377

Do you EDC a stick?
>>
File: 1424812358013.gif (4MB, 400x376px) Image search: [Google]
1424812358013.gif
4MB, 400x376px
>>30643937
>that guy who loots his sword
>>
>>30647450

Do you not?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.