[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grizzly/Bigfoot Protection General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

/x/ and /out/ fag here. I was told a 44 is the best option to stop a grizzly though I heard stories from my Dad about him stopping a griz with .357. Your opinion?

Going back to a mountain lake tomorrow where a possible Grizzly spooked us out once. Going by myself. Not going to take any shit.

/x/ and /out/ threads here.

>>>/out/804860

>>>/x/17922093
>>
Whoever told you to use a .44 was your friend. If someone else told you to use something less, they should be removed from your life insurance policy.
>>
bear spray, 12g 3" brenneke black magic slugs, hot .45-70, .500 S&W, .460 S&W

If you're going to do .44mag you may as well do a glock G40; cheaper, lighter, smaller, more rounds on target, less felt recoil, and same kinetic energy.
>>
>>30639916
I like this guy.
>>
>>30640038
Mmmmm as do i
>>
File: anon_purges_bear.png (2MB, 1576x4000px) Image search: [Google]
anon_purges_bear.png
2MB, 1576x4000px
Pic related
>>
>>30640571
That whole story was made up.
>>
>>30641580
but where is the proofs?
>>
OP, if you can, carry a long gun, outside of semi-auto to which I'm sure a park ranger or whoever would frown or give you shit for, a pump 12 ga with a hard cast slug is the go-to bread and butter.
hot loaded 45-70 gov lever gun would also be very good, granted you don't start shooting a bear 100+ yards away.

If you can't carry a long gun, anything above .44
You can read all about .357 or 10mm, but you'll need some real hot loads for those to hit hard.
It's not that firepower isn't important (that one guy who magdumped into a bear with his AK)
But you might very possibly find yourself not able to let off that many shots, and if you only have one shot hit, it better hit hard as fuck (read up on that one guy with the .454 Ruger, who was only able to shoot 2-3 rounds, and only 1 actually hit the bear)
>>
>>30639833
mosin-nagant or bust m8
>>
File: DSCF0398.jpg (625KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0398.jpg
625KB, 1600x1200px
In this pic are a Ruger in .357, Ruger .454 casull, and a S&W that also shoots 45 colt
>>
File: DSCF0440.jpg (629KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0440.jpg
629KB, 1600x1200px
>>30641636
And I use 10mm when I go in the woods.
>I live in Alaska
>>
>>30641646
hey what are the job opportunities like in Alaska, looking to buy land

Currently and Australian resident.
>>
>>30641745
People ask this all the time. I have a job so I don't know. But just about everything you can imagine doing is done here.
>>
>>30641852
Awesome, is Anchor Point a nice place to live, the land is pretty damn cheap
>>
>>30641646
Nogunz fag here, I'll be getting my first when I legally can in 2 years. I've heard that the 10mm is a bit of a handful, how bad is it in a compact?
>>
>>30641871
It is a community - of people. What are you bringing to the table? Are you a paramedic, fisherman, construction worker?
>>
>>30641885
I'm a cop
>>
>>30641871
It's kinda a rural area, which is nice, but you can still drive out of there and go to a larger town for the day if you get bored. I've been through there on the way to Homer.
>>
>>30641901
Well now all I need to do is win the lottery
>>
>>30641878
It's not bad at all. I CC mine.
>>
>>30641892
So... you bring nothing apart from manning an unpaid village security desk.
>>
>>30641915
Ok thanks
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.