[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this rust? "factory new" Colt carry handle I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: ihateniggers.jpg (31KB, 568x753px) Image search: [Google]
ihateniggers.jpg
31KB, 568x753px
is this rust? "factory new" Colt carry handle I just bought. I thought for sure it was rust when I took the photo, but looking at it now, it looks kinda fibery. I rubbed at it a little, and it didn't come off easily.
>>
File: irlyhateniggers.png (1MB, 1354x890px) Image search: [Google]
irlyhateniggers.png
1MB, 1354x890px
>>
>>30621127
looks like rust whoever packed it had sweaty fingers
>>
>>30621127
Just get some 0000 steel wool it lightly rub it off.
>>
>>30621169
fuck. is it worth making a claim?
>>30621181
buying something new and having it rusted seems pretty fucked
>>
>>30621223
Its totally up to you.

I personally would not care, at the end of the day I will never notice the wear in finish.

Yeah it sucks but hey it happens.
>>
It's aluminum, it shouldn't have rust. It's probably packing grease.
>>
>>30621127
Scotchbrite it.
>>
>>30621127
>guys theres a spot of rust on the least functional, optional accessory on my gun
>should i make a claim and return it?
>i dont want this device that handles large explosions to look like it gets used at all
>>
>>30621127
get some sand paper or something and scrape the rust off and get some rattlecan and a q-tip
paint on the q-tip and rub over where you scraped the rust off
ez-pz
>>
>>30621995
If your paying for a product you should expect quality, it shouldn't be worn pre-use
>>
>>30621262
It's not aluminum. That is a steel clamping strap.
>>
>>30623504
Only if you are a consumer. If you are a user you don't care. This isn't a functional defect, it's not even a major cosmetic defect. You could have fixed it faster than you could have posted a thread wondering what it is.

When you bought this did you consume a toy or did you procure a tool for use?
>>
>>30623525
I'm not OP, I'm just saying if I bought something I'd rather not have it have any defects to begin with.
>>
>>30623525
bait
>>
>>30623557
Autism
>>
>>30623541
Me too. I'd rather everything I bought be perfect. It rarely is because that's the way things work. So I either don't buy "factory new Colt shit" when I can buy better stuff, or I accept the fact that the shit might be fucked, don't care because It's a tool, and if it is too fucked then I fix it.

That's why I own a mill, a lathe and two welders and why I don't have a hipster haircut or complain about rust on a toy.

Sure, let's call it bait, but it's also true so...
>>
File: 20150802_170911.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150802_170911.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>30621127
Just clean it off. Colt would probably fix it for you, but is it really worth your time?

If this bothers you don't ever buy a USP.
>>
>>30623504
It's a tiny fucking rust spot on a detachable carryhandle that will most likely get replaced with a 600$ optic knowing ARfags.
>>
>>30623626

This. I have a 20 year old USP. Fun times with that shit.
>>
File: 1459882815359.jpg (50KB, 675x540px) Image search: [Google]
1459882815359.jpg
50KB, 675x540px
>>30621127
>>30621161
> filenames

back to /pol/, stormfaggot
>>
>>30623677
Jew, nigger, or mudslime detected
>>
Put some fucking oil on it and wipe it with a paper towel you massive fucking pussy.
>>
>buying Colt anything

Can't really say you weren't asking for this, anyway
>>
I emailed dude, his response

>Well thats a first. I apologize for that. Colt's finish job wasnt very good on that one apparently. I'll email you a return label and send out another one if that is ok with you.

so I'm exchanging it for a new one. I didn't pay $100 for a rusted carry handle. Thankfully he was cool about it.
>>
noguns here, what happens to the polymer of old ARs? Do they become more fragile over time?
>>
>>30621127
>buying colt
>ever

Why
>>
>>30625303
>>30623955
colt is literally the AR standard. what the fuck is this meme
>>
You can buy milspec carry handles for $35. If you ask for a return on that they will probably think you are autistic.
>>
>>30625488
*armalite
>>
>>30625488
Spotted the newfag. Colt is trash
>>
File: tripstare.png (55KB, 219x400px) Image search: [Google]
tripstare.png
55KB, 219x400px
>>30625488

>if the military uses it, it must be good
>>
>>30621161
Looks suspiciously like that copper factory grease a lot of companies use. Take a better picture of it.
>>
>>30625488
>Over gassed and over priced is the standard
kek
>>
>>30625708
>*armalite
Not really, at all. They essentially sold everything pertaining to the AR-15 to Colt and later were essentially defunct after none of their subsequent designs failed to gain any real market share. They remained so for quite some time with ownership being sold a number of times.
There's a reason the current company calling itself Armalite can't even call their ARs AR-15s.
>>
>>30626083
Ok fine.
*KAC

If stoner didn't touch it, it ain't a gold standard
>>
>>30626276
That's pretty autistic considering others had to come in after him and clean up his retarded shit to make it marketable every time he touched something.
KAC has been riding his dick and gov contracts since forever in order to convince people their shit is anything special, which it isn't, just like Colt.
>>
it looks like crust, like somone spilled some food or sauce on it and it dried, maybe its factory preservative wax/oil that dried up
>>
if it scrapes off and isnt turning to powder, its not rust. try pusshing it with a toothpic or using some solvent with a rag, it looks flaky, not rusty. besides, thats aluminum, it wouldnt rust like that over the anondize
>>
>>30621127
After you get the seller to replace that carry handle, you need to buy some cellophane sleeves to keep your guns in so they don't lose their mint status.
>>
>>30623626
>>30623656
Fuck I just bought a USP, wat do
>>
>>30625277
>$100

o_O
>>
>>30627911
Clean it after each use to prevent rusty parts. It's not going to rust on you if you take care of it.
>>
>>30627991
Oh okay, I'm usually pretty anal when I clean anyway so I'm not as worried now. Another thing I was concerned about was how difficult it would be to remove the extractor compared to a Glock or something
>>
>>30623626
That is not rust. Looks like the metal itself changed color due to the heat treat on the part giving it a nice plumish/purple color. The hardness is so high the finish likely wore off because it never got the chance to penetrate the material.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.