[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ I'm trying to write a screenplay but I'm completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

/k/ I'm trying to write a screenplay but I'm completely out of my depth when it comes to guns. I need a big, fuck-off revolver for a big, fuck-off guy. I've been debating between the Model 29, the Model 500, and the Taurus Raging Bull. The Model 500 and Taurus Raging Bull might be too big; how much would one of their rounds tear up a human body?

Also, what modifications are there for revolvers?

Pic related, one of the few saved images I have with "gun" in the file name.
>>
Ruger alaskan in .454
>>
>>30598993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1d7i3i0LLI

In the story some of the characters need to actually survive a gun shot or two, not burst into ludicrous gibs.
>>
>>30598993
model 500 is too big, it hurts to shoot and only a retard would carry one around
give him a ruger super redhawk, up to .454 Casul and scopes are common
you can buy scopes, mount lights/lasers on some smaller "tactical" revolvers, get different grips, different hammer, lighter trigger, engraving
>>
>>30598993
give him an M14 pistol that fires in FA and call it a Stallions Leg
>>
>>30599028
Are there any modifications of the cylinder to boost ammo or reloading?

What difference do different hammers make? Is it purely for preference or make firing easier/different in any way?
>>
>>30598993
Sturm, Ruger, and Co. Redhawk or Super Redhawk

Grip, barrel, and optics.

>>30599079
No. Use a speed loader.

They are there to detonate the fucking primer in the fucking cartridge, in order to fire the fucking gun.

>>30599008
Watermelons are not human beings.
>>
>>30598993
You haven't given us nearly enough details. A gun should reflect the character. "Big, fuck-off guy" describes literally hundreds of different characters.

Is he a good guy? Bad guy? Bad-but-good-guy? City slicker? Tactical? Redneck? What country does he come from? East coast or west coast?

Arnold Schwarzenegger is a pretty big, fuck-off guy who was in a lot of fucking movies playing mostly big, fuck-off guys and he had a shitload of different guns:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Arnold_Schwarzenegger

The original Terminator rocked an AMT Hardballer Longslide pistol. Commando and Predator Arnold had Desert Eagles before they were overdone gangsta rap guns. Red Heat packed a supposed Soviet huegpistol that was really a modified Deagle-brand deagle, but he also carries a .44 Magnum S&W Model 29 pretty well. Total Recall carries the futuristic Goncz GA. T2 had an M1911A1 and, more famously, a sawn-off 10-gauge Winchester 1887 with enlarged loop lever for that slick-as-fuck reloading magic.

Anyways the point is that the same body shape but different characters = different guns. You gotta lay on some details to get some good advice.
>>
File: mask hisses and bane moans.jpg (238KB, 805x581px) Image search: [Google]
mask hisses and bane moans.jpg
238KB, 805x581px
>>30599591
That is a good point.

In terms of stature, a mix of Bane and Jason Voorhees. A bad guy, though technically the protagonist. He's a hitman/enforcer, ruthless but efficient in his methods, callous but not sadistic.

This is in a setting rooted in the past. Revolvers and other, older handguns; autos or semi-autos either don't exist, aren't practical, or wouldn't have the punch enough to get the job done.
>>
>>30599688
For the ruthless hitman, I recommend something relatively standard, but modified or customized. Or, it could be an exotic weapon if at least the ammunition is easy to come by.

Think about the scene near the beginning of "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" when the "Bad" (Tuco) combines two different Colt 1851 Navy pistol models to get one with a smoothly-rotating cylinder. All three characters actually have Colt 1851 Navy guns, each one slightly different and carried slightly differently.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Good,_the_Bad_and_the_Ugly,_The#Colt_1851_Navy_.28cartridge_conversion.29

The Cold 1851 is, as the model year implies, a pretty early firearm, although that film mostly uses the cartridge conversion from 1859 onwards. Remember that semiauto pistols did come pretty early. The Colt 1911 is from 1911, and the Browning Hi-Power 9mm, so called because of how many rounds it holds, is from 1922. Neither the .45 nor the 9mm are "weak" bullets when it comes to gunning people down (despite meming on here to the contrary). Bruce Willis in "Last Man Standing" famously has a pair of 1911A1s and guns down a Texas town full of mostly-revolver-wielding rum-running gangsters. The guns help him stand out as a character against the other hoodlums (the main enforcer villain wields a Thompson machinegun, another iconic weapon).
>>
>>30599858
Another movie gun pairing I'd like to draw your attention to are the guns carried by Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef's characters in "For a Few Dollars More". Clint, the hot young bounty hunter, likes to get up-close and personal, and uses a Colt Single-Action Army with custom grips and a longer "artillery" model barrel for a little more intimidation factor. Meanwhile, Cleef's older, military-trained bounty hunter uses two Colt SAA "Buntline Special" revolvers with huge 10" and 18" barrels with a snap-on buttstock. What he gives up in speed drawing he makes up in tremendous accuracy at range, easily picking off goons who are almost out of camera shot.

Both characters are essentially hitmen, and both have customized versions of otherwise common weapons, but they went in considerably different directions.
>>
>>30599858

Good post. I 100% agree with you on something common but having a personal touch.

In my opinion, something practical like a lighter trigger would be best
>>
>>30598993
Model 29 if he's the type of guy who gets his gun knowledge from movies, a Model 686 if he's more knowledgeable/sensible.

>>30599688
The revolvers you mentioned overlap with semi autos, especially the Raging Bull and S&W 500. You're looking for a SAA or cap and ball conversion.
>>
>>30599688
So are talking the actual past where viable automatics we're still teething or an alternate timeline in the past.

Either way do yourself a favor and learm the terminology, watch some videos from reputable sources etc. Its obvious you want to go I to detail but authors Fuck that up about as bad as the media often enough (looking at you king, you Fuck)

If you want to pull something out of your ass that powerful but won't immediately be recognized as a mainstream magnum cartridge you can look into the following

>.480 Ruger
>.475 linebaugh
>.45 silhouette
>.455 webley even though it's not that powerful
>colt walker revolvers
>.500 special
>>
>>30600068
>>30600139
>>30600243
>>30600244
Thanks for the feedback/suggestions. I know fuck all, so this is really helpful.
>>
>>30599079
>Are there any modifications of the cylinder to boost ammo or reloading?

No. Spped loaders and spped stips are what aids reloading, with training of course. Here's what it looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXUwI_d8JlA

>What difference do different hammers make? Is it purely for preference or make firing easier/different in any way?

Just preference, or rather your specific priorities. For instance some DA revolvers have bobbed hammers to reduce snagging while drawing from concealment, you wouldn't need that on a range gun.
>>
>>30600359
>Spped loaders and spped stips

Speed, rather. I really need to proofread my posts. Here's a speed strip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-vUmJym1mo

Neither of the things I mentioned existed until relatively recently. "Cowboy" revolvers were reloaded from a cartridge belt.
>>
>>30599688
Sounds like a shit tier story .

Did he loose an ear fighting sonic?
>>
>>30599042
KEK
>>
>>30599688

What time period? That's key information man. Give me a specific year.
>>
File: Fitzspecial[1].jpg (8KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
Fitzspecial[1].jpg
8KB, 271x186px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FitzGerald_Special

The Fitz Special was an old school way to modify large caliber revolvers. To quote wikipedia:

>Fitz Special revolvers are made by bobbing the hammer spur, shortening the barrel to two inches, rounding the butt, and removing the front half of the trigger guard. Reshaping the hammer and the butt allows the gun to be drawn quickly with little risk of the weapon snagging on clothing. The halved trigger guard facilitates quick trigger acquisition, even for shooters with large fingers or gloves.

What such a design allows your character to do is put a big fucking bullet on target as quickly as possible, plus it may fit in the period of your story. In their 1942 book "Shooting to Live" Fairbairn and Sykes espoused a S&W Model 25 modified in such fashion as the ultimate concealed firearm for civilian protection.
>>
>>30601540
>In their 1942 book "Shooting to Live" Fairbairn and Sykes espoused a S&W Model 25 modified in such fashion as the ultimate concealed firearm for civilian protection.
Been awhile since I read it, so I looked it up to confirm. They said ".45 Colt New Service", not S&W. And this was their choice for a detective or plain-clothes officer. Their choice for the civilian is an "automatic of good size and shape".

Mea culpa.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.