[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say the happening comes and there's actual firefights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 2345324534523.jpg (288KB, 980x531px) Image search: [Google]
2345324534523.jpg
288KB, 980x531px
Let's say the happening comes and there's actual firefights with military, police and other civilians. I've always wondered, would you ever drop your precious, personal rifle and swap it with a rifle you looted?

I figure swapping your lower with someone's fun switch lower would be a given for AR's.
>>
Given the chance after a battle in that circumstance, you'd be dumb not to collect weapons and ammo from the dead.
>>
>>30597071
What about for groups that are mobile? You can't carry thousands of rounds with a ton of rifles slung on you if you're trying to travel to a safe zone or something.
>>
>>30597082
You'd take what you need/what you can carry/what you're most likely to need.
>>
>>30597082
Stick with what you've trained on. I'm not swapping my AR for an M1 just because I think it's cool. I'll replenish my ammo if its compatible and move on.

Once I'm somewhere stable though, building up a nice cache of weapons would be one of my goals.
>>
>>30597082
why would one person be forced to carry thousands of rounds of anything if they are in a group?
>>
>>30597082
If you have time to police the area, you have time to cache useful items. If you don't have time for that, do a 90 second drill- everybody takes a minute and a half to toss packs, belts, and pockets. Everything potentially useful goes into a couple of packs. Those get sorted through and divvied up on the march, useless remainders get buried at the next stop.

If you're caching, get back to it within a year. Chances are you don't have Cosmoline and Pelican cases, so whatever you wrap the goods in will offer limited protection. Make an inventory list, because you might be able to use the cache location as trade goods.
>>
>>30597598
Well that settles it.
>>
>>30597598
This nigga knows whats up.

/thread
>>
>>30597082
cache shit now, and when you find shit in SHTF, you hide and cache what you cant carry
>>
>>30597046
Nah, at least not unless you have time and security posture to confirm zero and testfire their weapons. Who knows what kind of fucky zero they have? Stick with what you know unless they drop a phased plasma rifle in the 40w range. Wouldn't even switch for a funswitch lower on an AR, just because if they use a different buffer weight the gun will cycle differently and possibly not function correctly.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.