[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a good first handgun? I have fired quite a few handguns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: P220-and-G21-courtesy-TTAG.jpg (592KB, 2448x2154px) Image search: [Google]
P220-and-G21-courtesy-TTAG.jpg
592KB, 2448x2154px
What is a good first handgun? I have fired quite a few handguns and I'd really like a 1911 cause of aesthetic and nice trigger. I can't help like feel I should start with a 9mm first though. I can't really decide though from what I understand Glock,cz, Sig, walther, and beretta are all god choices
>>
Good*
>>
You named the staples. Go with one of those. The thing about handguns is that they're all pretty much the same. Just pick one that you think looks cool.
>>
>>30574958
Forgot about HK
>>
>I don't give a fuck and just want a good 9mm
Glock 19 will get you covered

>I have a specific purpose I'd like with this gun
Then try out some things. Do you intend to carry it? Do you want full size or compact? Small single stack or double stack? Maybe you want hammer-fired?

Feel some guns. Finger fuck them triggers to find one you like.

There's a fuckton of 9mms out there. You just gotta hold and feel some.
>>
>>30574984

Also HK but you will pay a premium for something that is basically the same as any other pistol you can buy.

Listen, let me set you straight before the shills get in here. Some people say they will never ever carry a gun that isn't a Glock. Some people say that the CZ75 is hands down the best 9mm handgun ever made. Some will only buy HK because thats what real operators use. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. Neither does what caliber you start out with. With .45 you get a little extra bang with a little less magazine capacity.

>Beretta M9
>CZ 75
>Glock 19
>Sig P2XX
>Walter P99
>HK VP9
>1911

These are all lovely firearms. Pretty much any gun store in America worth its salt will have some variant of one of the above listed. Go there, fondle each of them, and just pick which ever one feels best in your hand. To me this is the single most important thing when buying a handgun. After you've bought your first gun and shot it, you will have a better idea of what you like and don't like and you will be able to make more educated purchases in the future. I cannot recommend you a specific gun, because what I like might not be what you like.
>>
>>30574958
>Just pick one that you think looks cool.
I love this anon's honesty.
>>
>>30574927
Go t a range that actually wants to sell guns and will let you shot a couple at their range. I would look for a company whose resale is decent just in case you decide to get something different later.
>>
>>30575320
Renting a gun is not cheap
>>
>>30575821
I think he means gun trials. Most stores with ranges allow you to shoot a few guns with some rounds each for reasonably cheap. The one near me does 3 guns, 5 rounds for $15, or 5 guns, 5 rounds for $20 (or something like that).
>>
Glock 19.

Good price
Gets the job done
Sweet spot of conceal-ability and being shootable
Reliability wise best around and 2nd place isn't even close
Huge after-market and accessories available

The only reason not to buy a Glock 19 is literally if you have to have "something different". If you want the zero bullshit solution to everything a handgun can be used for, go with the Glock 19.
>>
>>30576157
>shilling for glock this hard

Ok Gaston
>>
>>30576157
Isn't there a rust issue with the new ones kek?
>>
>>30576208
Accusation of shilling isn't an argument. Show me a gun that is in objectively measurable factors (reliability, weight to capacity ratio, weight to size ratio,...) better than the Glock 19. "The trigger sucks" or "it looks ugly" don't count, because those are subjective tastes.

>>30576225
I've head a Gen4 for 3 years now and haven't had any rust issues. The climate I live in is relatively cold and dry tough. (Austria)
>>
>>30574927
You can always get a 1911 in 9mm if you really wanted
>>
>>30576653
I swear people don't even acknowledge they exist, or when they do it's to cry about heresy
>>
File: BHP.jpg (42KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
BHP.jpg
42KB, 848x477px
>>30574927

If you like the 1911's aesthetic and want a 9mm, look at the Browning Hi Power. Same designer. Objectively the sexiest pistol of all time.
>>
>>30576708
BEHOLD, the most 1911 of BHPs (aside from Jim Garthwaite's stuff)

Too bad you can get a range officer 9mm or a RIA new for less than a new HP.
>>
File: 1FM909mmBLKVG25-2477-1-1.jpg (17KB, 480x316px) Image search: [Google]
1FM909mmBLKVG25-2477-1-1.jpg
17KB, 480x316px
>>30576799
Goddamnit
>>
>>30576708
Not OP but I am also in the market for my first handgun and I love the 1911 commander. But I also don't know if a .45 should be my first gun. Are those Brownings easy to find?
>>
>>30576821
That looks sexy as fuck
>>
>>30576799
Op here really thinking of getting that 1911 range officer in 9mm. I can't even carry till I'm 21 so doesn't really matter to me. Thanks guys maybe I'll get a striker fire or high cap 9mm later for that
>>
File: 13751052_1.jpg (282KB, 1200x1071px) Image search: [Google]
13751052_1.jpg
282KB, 1200x1071px
>>30576842
See >>30576927

And fwiw the Colt Commander made it's debut in 9mm. But to answer your question there are a shitload of Surplus Hi-powers on the market right now that can be found for decent prices, primarily the Israeli trade ins.There is a lot to look out for though due to the variety of manufacturers, design variants and integrity of production years. Its worth finding a guide before purchase if you're really interested
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.