[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there I was, /k/... Sitting at my desk when a coworker asks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 48664912.jpg (119KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
48664912.jpg
119KB, 500x375px
So there I was, /k/... Sitting at my desk when a coworker asks me if I'm any good with guns.
>sure, whats up?
>could you fix my rifle? Something happened and the bolt locked to the rear? I'll pay you
>yeah, just leave it in my truck and I'll take it home and figure it out
>how much will you charge??
>depends... Between 50-100 bucks
>that's great! Thanks

I get home and look at it. Grab the bolt pull back and out and it pops free. This old man that had this .22 rifle for 30 plus years had no idea that the bolt locks back like that.

Should i charge him anything? Id honestly feel terrible if i did.

Also, funny /k/ stories thread
>>
>>30574102
I wouldnt charge. Just give him a crash course in guns.
>>
>>30574134
This then take the money he gave you and take him to the range to practice with it.
>>
>>30574102
If you charge him then when it happens again he's gonna be like wtf I paid you to fix it man. Just show him how it works and explain it to him.
>>
>>30574102
I wouldn't, just look at it as a good chance to educate somebody.
>>
>>30574183
This
Don't cuck yourself with lies
>>
>>30574236
I wasn't planning to lie to him... Just tell him what happened. Hes the type that would probably offer me cash for it anyways though.
>>
>>30574204
Speaking of education...

>take few guys to the range for some practice.
>One sees saiga 12 "ohhhh yeah this one o them AK shotties!!!"
>proceeds to rack a load of buckshot in and unload on the brass barrel
>Naval RSO and I look at each other and immediately turn what was supposed to be a fun day at range into "fuck you, point that motherfucker down range!"
>>
>>30574257
If he insists giving you the money invite him (pay for him) to the range in return and teach him
>>
>>30574581
sry for my english, im not murican and far too drunk so i cant into english good right now
>>
>>30574581
I really dont have to teach him shit... Like I said, its his old squirrel gun.. He's probably just never done that before
>>
>>30574102
>Should i charge him anything?
He is going to feel pretty stupid when you show him. That should be payment enough on his end.
>>
>>30574621
Then just show him, ripping off an old man isnt cool
>>
>>30574653
Ive already decided I wouldn't. Someone told me I should still charge him for some stupid reason and I was curious how y'all thought
>>
>>30574102
I wouldn't feel right charging him for something so simple. It's not like you actually did anything to fix it.
>>30574676
This is what's wrong in the world today. People do anything for profit but not out of the good of their heart. If he insists to pay you have him take you out to shoot or for work coffee or something.
>>
>>30574676
Are americans really that greedy and profit on stuff like this?
No fence just curious on this topic
>>
no sense in charging, plus who knows he might reward you down the road by gifting you firearms if he doesnt want them anymore or some shit. sounds like he doesnt have any family with interest in guns or he wouldnt be asking you for help
>>
>>30574731
I'm not sure what his deal is. Mechanic by trade and not really big on it. He said it was for "wasting my time". Its not all Americans. I've got a guy wanting to help me replace my throttle body for free. Its not americans... Its just people. (He wasn't american btw. Hes Mexican)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.