[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/, I'm currently in school to become an LEO and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

Hello /k/, I'm currently in school to become an LEO and soon to be working in a prison part time.
I've got a little money saved up, and would like to buy a handgun to start practicing. All I own right now are rifles since I'm under 21 and I'm a shit shot with them anyway.
What would be a good handgun to get started practicing on? Would it be an awful idea to get a semi auto .22 like a ruger or something? I don't really have the money to spend on 9mm to practice with a lot.
If I get good aim with a .22 is it going to carry over to a service handgun I'm given?
Or should I eat the cost and start out with 9mm?
>>
>>30498276
It is always a good idea to practice with the weapon you will be carrying simply because that is the one you would be using. I mean it does not hurt to practice with something else for overall marksmanship practice, but for what you are asking I would say go with the 9mm.
>>
>>30498281
What am I looking at cost wise for bulk 9mm to plink with? Just like cheapest shit I can get?
Also what's a good cheap 9mm to get (not a highpoint. My grandpa has one and it's fuckugly I just can't do it)
I'm not sure if there is a standard service gun for our local department, since they guy that did my home interview had a USP.
Is glock my best bet? I'm not a fan of them but I understand it's probably the most likely.
>>
Pls
>>
>>30498276
Sorry dude, but a CO is not an LEO.
>>
File: 1447518617765.jpg (163KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1447518617765.jpg
163KB, 1024x768px
>>30498311
>What am I looking at cost wise for bulk 9mm to plink with? Just like cheapest shit I can get?

Look out for 4th of july sales and free shipping. I suggest buying ammo from SGAmmo or Aimsurplus and Palmetto State Armory when they do have specials on bulk 9mm.

Always and I mean always, buy 9mm in bulk. You will save more money if you do it over buying shitty overpriced and underpowered 9mm from walmart.

You should be spending ~0.20-0.22 cpr for good quality brass 9mm range ammo.

As for a cheap 9mm fullsize handgun while still retaining quality, the S&W M&P 9, hands down. You're getting a good quality handgun that isn't shit like the Canik, SDV9E or some Taurus. You can find them used for roughly $350-$360 off places like Aimsurplus and Sportsman Outdoors. Used Glock 17 and 19's can also be had for $350 but they go QUICK.

Slickguns.com is your friend. Always keep an eye out on good deals and be a smart shopper.
>>
>>30498756
He didn't say it was, he said he was (in school to become an LEO) and (soon to be working in a prison part-time).
>>
>>30498756
In my city if you want to be a sheriff or police officer, you have to start off in the prison or be related to a high ranking officer.
>>
>>30498863
Well that's bullshit.

>>30498844
Going to school to be an LEO is bullshit also, especially if he's referring to criminal justice degrees.
>>
>>30498756

Says the guy who is neither

How's the security gig at RiteAid working out?
>>
File: received_10208375426081112.jpg (139KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_10208375426081112.jpg
139KB, 1152x2048px
>>30498985
Its good
>>
>>30498819
Thanks senpai. I'll keep my eye out for one of those. It does seem like a gun I can like. And 350 wouldn't be hard to do.
>>30498756
I didn't say it was.
>>30498863
This is also how it is here for the sheriffs department. Starting to climb my way up now while in school so I have something to roll into full time and might find somewhere else to work after.
>>
>>30499057

Well I'll be goddamned, in this case you should know better
>>
>>30499057
Hey just popping in to say vice cops are scum and if you are one, I hope a nignog shoots you in the face on your next traffic stop.
>>
>>30499076
Well im assuming OP is going to school for criminal justice, which is worthless... trust me, I did the same thing and everyone has the same damn degree - set yourself apart. Where I work/live, not a single department requires you work in the jail as a CO beforehand, and CO's dont have any real police powers since they dont go to to a full length academy.
>>
>>30499085
Got picked up by one, did you?
>>
>>30499085
Well, thats rude. Not vice either, but I'll keep my head on a swivel just for you m8
>>
>>30499094

Maybe CO doesn't mean the same thing here as it does there, but where I'm from those guys are a full fledged state agency with a proper 6 month academy, ERT teams and K9s. They gotta deal with the scum 24/7/365 with no weapons on their person, massively outnumbered, while breathing in the unbelievable smell of human sweat and shit that permeates prisons, while somehow remaining conscious. COs need more respect.
>>
>>30499094
Going to school for cj is the only reason I got in to the jail this young.
When they grilled me on my qualifications it's all I had and they seemed to like it enough.
>>
>>30499104
Then carry on. Vice cops are literally some of the worst people on Earth. The vice cops in my city have begun busting people for smoking cigarettes in bars. Literally their only purpose is to generate revenue and enforce laws on crimes that hurt no one in the first place.
>>
>>30499137
>break the law
>get caught
>cry
>>
>>30499147
>unjust law
>defend a broken system
>kys
>>
>>30499127
How old are you? I'm 24 and never once referenced my CJ experience . I fell back on life experience, community outreach, and marks of achievement I acquired throughout my jobs. That will serve you much better when you go to apply to departments, but like I said.. may be nice to have that CJ degree, but everyone has one and a lot of applicants are going to be saying the same thing. Get involved in your community and/or the community you want to work for.

>>30499124
They are respected here as well, its a tough job. They aren't full fledged here though, thus they have powers limited to the jail which is why I stated they arent the same. Prisons are dangerous as hell.. concentrated criminals in confinement so props to CO's
>>
>>30499194
I'm only 20 which is why I haven't finished my degree yet.
I have good references including a PO and a recently retired chief. Some merits from school and past work.
I've made it through most of the hiring process, now I just have the polygraph left to do. Planning to use this as something to get by and springing from it to an actual pd job.
>>
>>30499269
Gotcha, well to answer your question.. get the M&P 9 like this fella suggested.
>>30498819

You're going to have a job now, $10 a box is nothing. Then again, it doesnt matter if you practice or not.. theyll teach you all that at the departments expense.
>>
>>30499423
I have a job now anyway. It's just a slight pay raise with more hours.
But money will get tight once I start school and can only work the weekends.
Currently shopping for m&ps.
Asked my mom if she'd make the purchase for me since I'm not 21 and she said "only if you help me pick one out for myself"
>>
>>30499071
Tell me you're not getting your degree in CJ
>>
>>30499697
I cannot tell you this.
>>
>>30499733
Of course you are. Every dummy applying has their CJ degree. Way to stand out.
>>
>>30499746
Please stop invading my safe space. I'm hiding your post.
>>
>>30498276
>Be me
>Graduating next month with degrees in CJ and Psychology
>Chose those majors because I wanted to go into law enforcement
>Now I'm interning at an organization that deals with people who are in and out of jail
>Absolutely hate dealing with this trash, and am now realizing that I don't actually want to go into law enforcement
Feels bad man. Now I'm starting to look for corporate jobs, but my smallish city doesn't have many, so I'm probably going to have to move
>>
>>30499860
Go federal or highway patrol
>>
File: image_1.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image_1.png
2MB, 750x1334px
For any copfags in
Do your medical records get checked when applying?
>>
>>30499860
Why not apply to a real PD or go federal?
>>
>>30500085
Joining my local sheriffs department I had to fill out a 15 page background check and give them my Facebook and Twitter passwords.
But if they dug into my medical records I don't know of it.
>>
>and soon to be working in a prison part time.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/cca-private-prisons-corrections-corporation-inmates-investigation-bauer
>>
>>30500121
What if you got rid of your Kikebook? I deleted mine a while back.
>>
>>30500154
They wouldnt care. I just had to give what I had. If you don't have one it's of no consequence.
Unless they look you up and find out you lied.
>>
>>30499948
>>30500089
I want to go federal, but it seems really difficult to get in, and it doesn't seem like there's many openings. Any suggestions where to look?
>>
>>30498276
>I'm currently in school to become an LEO
i hope you dont mean CJ
>>
File: big angry doggo.jpg (73KB, 700x670px) Image search: [Google]
big angry doggo.jpg
73KB, 700x670px
>>30499137
>do drugs
>be a filthy degenerate
>break laws that you think don't apply to you
>get arrested
>cry about it on a Mongolian candle wax smearing board.
>>
>>30500678
try and get a internship with the feds or put in a few years at your local pd/sheriffs and try and lateral
>>
>>30500121
This is a joke, right? I would never give my department that much control over my life to get a $35k sheriffs job, lol.
>>
>>30501054
Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
>>
>>30501256
No, you dont. Ive never had any job, including my current department, ask for such sensitive information. Complete invasion of privacy
>>
>>30501353
I had to do it to get the job I wanted. It's in my little town and works well for me.
>>
>>30499860
>CJ and Psychology
should have picked a real major then.
>>
>>30500743
It's ironic to see anyone wheezing and whining about 'degeneracy', somehow using lifestyles that they dislike as a justification for the creation and wasteful prosecution of victimless crimes, while simultaneously posting on 4chan. Your use of that word also makes me suspect your home board starts with a /p__/

BTW, just because something is the law doesn't mean it's right. Being on /k/, you should know this well, or is the California handgun roster or the NY SAFE act inviolable and worthy of respect merely by dint of being law?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.