[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American here, what's the British Army like? I'm bored

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: handover-1.jpg (1MB, 2000x1544px) Image search: [Google]
handover-1.jpg
1MB, 2000x1544px
American here, what's the British Army like? I'm bored and reading through information about them but their ranks look stupid and it seems like the only useful unit they have outside of the meme special forces unit is the 16th aaslt.
>>
>>30466447
>their ranks look stupid
What do you mean? They are pretty simple to understand.
>>
Apparently everyone gets a different set of boots
>>
>>30466653
5 boot choices in 2 different styles, things are more uniform when in garrison but when deployed you take whatever is most comfortable.
>>
>>30466447
We're more vehicle based than infantry. Only the retards who can't pass any tests other than basic get put in infantry.
>>
>>30466969
Except in wartime. That really hasn't been true in a decade plus.

The British Army is still a competent fighting force in the 21st and that's an achievement in itself.

Lives up to it's heritage as one of the oldest and greatest Armies in history (to compliment histories greatest Navy ofc).

Full of fucking wankers, run into the ground by idiots
>>
File: xzxz.jpg (296KB, 1024x1604px) Image search: [Google]
xzxz.jpg
296KB, 1024x1604px
>>30467038
I saved that pic, have a vintage one in return.
>>
>>30466447
I'd rather be a Ranger or an Airborne Infantryman.
>>
>>30467091
>Airborne Infantryman.
Paras make the US ones look like a joke.
>>
>>30466447

That picture just screams hats.
>>
File: Bayonet scream.jpg (73KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
Bayonet scream.jpg
73KB, 960x643px
>>30466447

Very well trained.

Very experienced.

Very good technology.

Some platforms need updates soon (most are coming thankfully).

Could have some more men.

Procurement takes for fucking ever.

Great sense of humour.

Absolute fucking shameless thieves of anything not nailed down in allied bases. (They maintain it is only borrowing)

Love bayonets.

Run on tea.
>>
>>30467100
how exactly?

Is there some sort of data or something measurable to go by or is this just going to be like every other thread where everyone is just rooting for their home team?
>>
>>30468146
>like every other thread where everyone is just rooting for their home team?

what do you think. the op is pure fucking bait to begin with.

hide the thread, abandon ship.
>>
>>30468146

The latter, pretty much. The Paras are very well known for having a "We are THE men" type attitude.

To be fair though, they back it up. Those guys are hard motherfuckers.
>>
>>30468146
It's the base tribalism of the poor. They might have slightly higher physical toughness, but that's never won a war.
>>
>>30468180
Not even baiting I'm legitimately curious about the British Army since I never hear much about it
>>
>>30468189
Battle of the bulge ?
>>
>>30468216
Ask specific questions and you will get better answer, asking whats it like is a bit vague.
>>
I was in khandahar with them for a while in 2010, they were okay but not as good as the french or aussies.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.