[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.firearmownersunited.com/ wp-content/uploads/2016/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Crashing this EU.jpg (131KB, 508x629px) Image search: [Google]
Crashing this EU.jpg
131KB, 508x629px
http://www.firearmownersunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/FOU-Policy-Final.pdf

What do you think of this policy for Australia?
>>
>>30440068
I read this as an American and think it is absolutely repulsive and a crying shame that you have to ask for these things.

For Australians, it would be a step in the right direction. But you have an uphill battle, and what you're asking for there had better be the beginning of a fight for full restoration of rights rather than the pathetic end game.
>>
It would be an improvement. Although I can't imagine Australian politicians doing anything except tossing the document in the trash without reading
>>
>>30440068
not even a shitcunt ozzie but i dream of ozzies firing there enfields and fals without any restrictions.
>>
>>30440068
I just got more and more sad as a read that. Airsoft regulation for fucks sake.

Sry Australia anon
>>
>>30440068
I like it, but have probably made it onto a watch list just for this comment senpaitachi.
Our current system is such a clusterfuck to get started with, been enjoying hiring a gun and shooting at the range, and now to take the next step is such a bitch.
Trying to read through reams of paper to understand the steps involved to avoid any fines etc when I just want a bolt action .22 to ping with.
Coming from South Africa, this shit is just fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>30440068
It's okay, it needs editing if only purely for grammatical purposes.

There's a lot of rambling as well, it needs to concisely state the intent, purpose and rationale of FOU.

I'll have a crack at editing it when I get home from work.
>>
Hmmm....

I like the thought of more available gun ownership here but this letter is so poorly written it's like the author is a child or something

>where the common sense has been completely cast aside in this country.
>victim parades and a cavalcade of self-appointed experts and pseudo intellectuals with no real knowledge on the topic.
cringe
>Australia has always had a strong firearms culture
lmao
>firearms in Australia have arguably long been associated with tenure of the land, hunting and sport.
most people on the street think guns are just for killing
>The rest of the current system is ineffective, inconsistent, irrational, contradictory, wasteful and born out of an emotional response
an emotional response to the fith deadliest spree killing in recent history (as per spreekillers.ch leaderboard). I mean fair enough, most people aren't going to go spree killing but this was a fucking MASSIVE deal over here. People are still scared/worried about it today, and everytime a school shooting or something happens in america you get tons of people commenting about how crazy you guys gun laws are.
>Stand together or fall alone
*tips fedora*
>Paintball, Laser Skirmish and Airsoft
laser skirmish isn't regulated afaik. Paintball markers and airsoft guns are classified as firearms because the projectiles can still seriously injure someone (hence the need for eye protection and stuff). And even if you could own paintball markers or whatever it still wouldn't change the fact that it wouldn't be allowed anywhere but a dedicated private space with appropriate safety signage and stuff like paintball parks have anyway.
>Seasonal hunting and access for hunters across Australian national parks
fuck that, we don't want to provoke a second emu war

I have issues with some other things here but these are a few of the bigger ones.

I would personally like more gun rights but this seems a poorly thought out way to go about it.
>>
>>30440964
>Coming from South Africa, this shit is just fucking ridiculous

A safe gun free community where your family isn't in danger 24/7 due to functional and strong gun laws?
>>
>>30441359
apparently any handheld laser with >1mw output power is a prohibited weapon http://www.ozlasers.com/australian-laser-laws

that said it's easy enough to get a prohibited weapons permit (at least here in SA), it's more to try and prevent dickheads from running around blinding people with those fucking 1 watt blue lasers you can get.
>>
>>30441359
>most people on the street think guns are just for killing
Autism
>an emotional response to the fith deadliest spree killing in recent history (as per spreekillers.ch leaderboard). I mean fair enough, most people aren't going to go spree killing but this was a fucking MASSIVE deal over here. People are still scared/worried about it today, and everytime a school shooting or something happens in america you get tons of people commenting about how crazy you guys gun laws are.
Autism
>*tips fedora*
Autism
>laser skirmish isn't regulated afaik. Paintball markers and airsoft guns are classified as firearms because the projectiles can still seriously injure someone (hence the need for eye protection and stuff). And even if you could own paintball markers or whatever it still wouldn't change the fact that it wouldn't be allowed anywhere but a dedicated private space with appropriate safety signage and stuff like paintball parks have anyway.
Aspergers

Bring a real argument.
>>
>>30441429
say that to my face fucker not online see what happens

but seriously

gun law reforms won't happen here without massive amounts of public support behind it (e.g. making it political suicide not to support it), and you aren't going to get that with such a shitty, poorly written document.
>>
>>30441408
Yes, the situation in South Africa has nothing to do with the fall of colonialism in Africa and the transfer of powers without preparation.
>>
File: GHOULS.jpg (483KB, 780x1583px) Image search: [Google]
GHOULS.jpg
483KB, 780x1583px
>>30441460
>>
>>30440068
I've gone through and edited it to make it more concise and make it more objective.

https://mega.nz/#!dAxRSS7K
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.