[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo, /k/. I don't post here like at all, first time chec

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: gun.jpg (48KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
48KB, 400x600px
Yo, /k/. I don't post here like at all, first time checking out the board in a few years. Just looking for some feedback.

So my dad's a convicted felon for being a raging verbally abusive drunk when I was younger. He owned guns, his friend shot himself one night, he got drunk that night when he heard the news. Something set him off and he went on a tirade against my mom and me being the dumb 14 year old at the time stepped in and it got into a pretty bad mess. Eventually he started saying shit about shooting all of us. This scared the shit out of us, we called the cops, he got arrested and his guns taken away. He can not legally own a firearm as of now.

My mom has recently told me she is interested in buying a rifle and my dad wants to buy one too but seeing as he can't he came to me to ask to buy it and put it under my name but to give it to him afterwards.. I've been looking around for information on this sort of thing since it's a pretty grey area,
These articles have been somwhat helpful
>https://www.quora.com/Can-family-members-living-with-a-convicted-felon-own-and-keep-guns-in-their-home
>http://volokh.com/2010/11/24/second-amendment-protects-gun-possession-by-the-housemates-of-felons/
I'm most likely going to say no because it's a risky and dumb thing to do, I don't own a safe, it would be kept in his, and he's still a drinker that can get nasty despite simmering down in his older age. My main concern is just what would happen say the law caught a whiff of this situation, would he be the one getting charged for possession of a gun that is not his or would it also boomerang back to me and hit me with charges? For reference I live in California which already makes obtaining guns a fucking annoyance.

You guys seem pretty alright from what I've witnessed on other boards.
>>
Honestly, not to shunt you off, but go ask the gurus at Calguns.net. They are a treasure trove of information on our state's fup duck laws -- and gutless useless pussies on everything else, but that's a different thread.
>>
>>30438681

>since it's a pretty grey area

It's not. Buying a gun for a felon is also a felony. If he wants to take the risk and buy a gun he should just do a private sale. If and when his ass gets busted its all on him.
>>
>>30438681
Your father is asking you to commit a straw purchase. Furthermore, he's a prohibited person. This is extremely illegal. Don't touch this with a 10 foot pole.
>>
>>30438699
hows being a gay retard weeaboo holding out for you, shark fucker?
>>
File: 1465102160929.gif (2MB, 475x277px) Image search: [Google]
1465102160929.gif
2MB, 475x277px
>>30438699
No that's fine. I appreciate the direction. I already expected to be called a retarded faggot in the first response because it's 4chan's nature. thanks.
>>30438704
>>30438718
Rad, thanks dudes.
>>
>>30438681
Well. You and your senpai are commiting a few federal felonies.

1. You buying a gun under false pretenses for a known fellon. (a straw purchase)
2. A convicted fellon in possession ( if he can get access to it. He is breaking the law)
3. Conspiracy to commit a felony. (You have both talked about it. You are now conspiring to violate federal law. )

If he wants to shoot. He should get an air gun or a black powder gun. Neither of which are firearms under federal law
>>
>>30438765
Cool. These are the sort of basic explanations I was looking for. Thanks.
>>
>>30438752

Stay limber, pupper.
>>
>>30438681
I don't think it's a grey area at all. It's a straw purchase and illegal.
>>
>>30438681
Don't buy your alcoholic convict dad a gun, you'll go to jail.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.