[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pistol drills. So in the military they do hammer pairs and failure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (64KB, 469x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 469x700px
Pistol drills.
So in the military they do hammer pairs and failure to stops (two in the chest, one in the pelvis/head) with the rifle. They only ever do hammer pairs with pistol though. Is this the ideal way to employ a 9mm, 2 rounds at a time? What sort of pistol drills should one practice?
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1334x750px
And recon and marsoc always reload pistols without the slide release. They physically grab the slide and rack it back. They also rack it back as in pic related, not with the finggers pulling to the back (thumb on right side a few figers on left). Is there a reason for this?
>>
>>30357460
The biggest thing to me was that the military uses the m9 which has a slide saftey so its hard as fuck to rack the slide yourself without accidentally putting it on safe.
>>
http://pistol-training.com/drills

>>30357460
Stronger pulling force that way compared to pinching. Sucks on the M9 though, pinching/slingshotting is a good way to avoid turning on the safety.
>>
>>30357423
Two to the chest, face gets the rest
>>
>>30357460
Grab the slide over the top, push the frame forward with your firing hand. Works in the open, works in vehicles, works with any semi-auto regardless of the controls.
>>
>>30357423
What kind of training you get depends heavily on what organization you're in and I bet you most of the SOF guys who go to outside school shoot drills other than just pairs. Try Bill Drills (7 yards, draw and fire 6 rounds to a USPSA A-zone). Try setting an array of 3 targets spread apart at the same distance, or vary the distance so one is at 7 yards, one is at 15 yards, and the last is at 25 yards.

>>30357759
What kind of situation (other than using someone else's gun) does the slide stop not work?
>>
>>30357460
>Is there a reason for this?
It's the same motion every time and it uses gross motor skills rather than the fine motor skills. Competition shooters might disagree.

>>30357423
Marines do hammer drills with Rifle on Table 2
>>
>>30357861
For people issued pistols that are actually likely to use them, they are secondary or even tertiary weapons. Sure they get more time on them that your average joe, but a competitive USPSA or IPSC shooter will have much more practice to devoted to their pistol.

Remember military training is designed to work on as large a scale as possible building on the same teachings given to a chaplain's aid and developing them up to the heavy hitters.

Slide release is faster for competition, but slingshot works for the well trained, the poorly trained, and everyone in between on any of the pistols in the pipeline.
>>
>>30357976
Fair enough. I personally don't like all of the "you'll do this because stress" logic but if you don't have time to train you just don't have time.
>>
>>30357423
>They only ever do hammer pairs with pistol
FALSE
A
L
S
E

I learned how to do hammer pairs in the infantry with a rifle.
>>
>>30357925
>>30358029
OP said military does hammer pair AND failure to stop with rifles.
>>
>>30358029
>>30357925
Let me clarify. They di hammer pairs and failure to stops ans box drills with rifle. But the new pistol qual only has you doing hammer pairs or one well aimed shot.

And all these replays make sense and are helping it understand a bit. I still think the slide release works just fine but idk. I agree with this anon >>30358015
It is unfair to say youre incapable of using the slide release when stressed. Im just as likely to fuck up racking it, not to mention the mag release is way smaller and harder to actuate than the slide release so if i dont fuck that up i wint fuck up the slide release.
>>
>>30358211
Wow i must be drunk. The mag release is way smaller than the slide release so its not fair to say i cant use the slide release if i use the mag release just fine.
>>
In the marines (im currently active dutay) the coaches just reiterate dumb shit "build a snowman" (focus in the stupid paint on the sites instead of alligning them up then concentrating on the top plain if the front site) "slow steady squeeze" (just squeeze half the DA Trigger then slow down and squeeze it off dont waist a bunch of time slowly squeezing the DA all the way).

Then they kept bitching cuz i was using the slide release. Saying i should rack it manually. Well seeing as how im not a glock fag (typical glock fags dont use the slide release cuz its the smallest and stiffest slide release in the fucking industry AND they dont have a slide saftey in the way) im going to use the berettas fat ass slide release lever conveniently located right next to my thumb.
>>
>>30358294
im switching you out with the a duty and putting you on warfighter. His wife called the bc and threatened to kill herself if he didn't come home.
>>
>>30357423
If you're close enough to take a head shot just put them all in the head...
>>
>>30358294
This is what I >>30357976 am talking about. It is about having a curriculum that works for even the simplest knuckle dragger.

It is about taking some no-nothing marine or soldier and give them a way to charge the weapon in any circumstance without fail. Take a gander down the firing line sometime and you will still find at least one of your fellow marines that has to look at their weapon to use a control on it. That is the guy this training is designed for.
>>
>>30358294

Glocks have a slide stop, it's not supposed to be used as a release.
>>
>>30358722
That's what they teach you in the austrian army tho.
>>
>>30359032
Cuz austria = glock. Kek.

>>30358440
Yeah i guess i get that. Its just that on an m9 the racking thing makes you likely to accidentally put it on safe. Now im not sure it marine corps official doctrine to use the racking technique and my coach was just a fucking glock faggot.
>>
>>30359307
Well glock sent instructors/invited to meetings when the army first used them back in 1980 and still do it from time to time, but what you say must be true, k3k
>>
>>30358722
>implying anyone gives a fuck what a plastic shower curtain designer thinks about shooting
The 1911 was meant to be carried with a round in the chamber, hammer down, and with the safety on. Does anyone do that still? Designer intent can go eat a bag of dicks.
>>
>>30359513
You can put the saftey on with the hammer down ?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.